Suggestions for more Dune 2 Features (poll)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Suggestions for new Dune 2 features

Save & Load MSEGs
30%
Save & Load Layer Presets
16%
More Mod Matrix Destinations (ARP swing, Osc Density, etc)
27%
Option to set Key Range per layer
14%
Phase control in the WT (to run through the phase of a selected waveform)
13%

Total votes: 56

RELATED
PRODUCTS

More than anything, I feel the mod matrix needs to be revamped. I find it cumbersome in the extreme. Just a few suggestions: right-click assignments, drap and drop assignments, ability to set the current voice number as a default target, sliders rather than draggable numbers, visualizations of modulations, modding via a second modulator (as opposed to having to use another slot), etc....

I realize this would require quite a bit of re-coding and re-design, so I'm not holding my breath. I was just disappointed that Dune 2 was no better than Dune 1 in this regard.

Kriminal wrote:
fisherKing wrote:more than anything else, i'd like to see more soundsets. LOTS more soundsets. i love having a lot of choices to start with (am a tweaker, not a programmer). dune2 is a great synth, but there's a shortage of presets for it...
There are a few out, free and commercial. What you dont want is a million banks that all sound the same. Quantity doesnt equal quality....sylenth1 proves that.

i fully agree. but...where are these sets? i have a few, but could use...a few more... :D

fisherKing wrote:more than anything else, i'd like to see more soundsets. LOTS more soundsets. i love having a lot of choices to start with (am a tweaker, not a programmer). dune2 is a great synth, but there's a shortage of presets for it...
Well, if you can wait until the end of May, I'll be coming out with a set. This thing is extremely time consuming to program in order to do it right being able to program down to the voice level.

These are the ones I have:

Soon the wagtunes and yemski soundbanks :)

Yorrrrrr wrote:These are the ones I have:

Soon the wagtunes and yemski soundbanks :)
Looks to me like there's plenty of banks already out there. I wouldn't exactly call this a small selection.

But I guess everything is relative.

Any of those NOT EDM focused?

Yep, that's what is lacking. The art renaissance project soundbank is very nice and NOT EDM oriented, but I think it's no longer available.

aMUSEd wrote:Any of those NOT EDM focused?
If you're looking for "outside the norm" that's what I pretty much focus on with all my libraries. I try to stay away from the "wub-wub" and "Supersaw" stuff if I can. Dune 2 is going to be a challenge because of its amazing detune features but I think I can come up with some interesting sounds that aren't the same old, same old.

That's great wagtunes. Those kind of sounds are definitely needed. DUNE 2 can do much, much more than the same old, same old EDM stuff.

Yorrrrrr wrote:That's great wagtunes. Those kind of sounds are definitely needed. DUNE 2 can do much, much more than the same old, same old EDM stuff.
Unfortunately, this is true of a lot of libraries of the more modern synths and the reason is because, like it or not, that's what sells the most. Other genres, for this market, are simply not as popular. Those into creating atmospheric and orchestral stuff usually go for a different kind of product, especially those into orchestral compositions. That's where you find your EWQL, 8Dio and Vienna sales, just to name a few.

And this is evident in the demo tracks that you hear for most synths. Most of it is EDM targeted.

From a business standpoint, it makes sense and you really can't blame them for going where the money is. Unfortunately, that leaves those who are looking for "fringe" libraries out in the cold, more or less.

Because of the financial realities involved (people need to pay the bills) don't expect this to significantly change.

Mine isn't :)

Dissolution for Dune 2

themachinelt wrote:
themachinelt wrote:
Kriminal wrote:You can transpose/detune each layer (or certain layers) in the MM
Sure, you can do alot things via MM, its just only for ease of use to make workflow faster :)
Besides id like to know how to do that via MM :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That's good to know, I somehow missed that.

Astralp wrote:
Mine isn't :)

Dissolution for Dune 2
Cool

fisherKing wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
There are a few out, free and commercial. What you dont want is a million banks that all sound the same. Quantity doesnt equal quality....sylenth1 proves that.

i fully agree. but...where are these sets? i have a few, but could use...a few more... :D
some links here:
http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... =7&t=11108

Return to “Instruments”