Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

K82 wrote:Very nice but could you or somebody else upload the png, I do not understand this .res thing
http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

I was looking for a simple subtractive synth with low-cpu usage, good sound and clean interface. This fits the bill perfectly! Very impressed with it. Many thanks to the developer.

I just got it running in VFX on a Mac. But I don't find a way to load presets. It does not find its presets (All slots are init).
Where are they supposed to be on windows? If I know that I could probably make the plug find it in VFX...

Tj Shredder wrote:I just got it running in VFX on a Mac. But I don't find a way to load presets. It does not find its presets (All slots are init).
Where are they supposed to be on windows? If I know that I could probably make the plug find it in VFX...
daws suck when they dont support fxp and fxb, sad to inform. :cry:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: daws suck when they dont support fxp and fxb, sad to inform. :cry:
I need to know where the plug-in expects the preset to find.
VFX is not a DAW, it is simply capable of hosting dlls on a Mac...

Tj Shredder wrote:
layzer wrote: daws suck when they dont support fxp and fxb, sad to inform. :cry:
I need to know where the plug-in expects the preset to find.
VFX is not a DAW, it is simply capable of hosting dlls on a Mac...
try the same folder the VST dll lives in, if the VFX host cant find fxp and fxb files in there, dont know what to tell ya. Savihost finds and opens patches and banks just fine :shrug:
Last edited by layzer on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

layzer wrote:try the same folder the VST dll lives in, if the VFX host cant find fxp and fxb files in there, dont know what to tell ya. Savihost finds and opens patches and banks just fine :shrug:
The plug does not seem to find them (I placed them directly and within a folder "presets" at the place where the plug-in resides. There is also no option in the GUI to actually load presets.
It would be helpful to know the path on an actual windows system. I might have to place them into the corresponding wine folder by hand. But I need to know an example path...

Would it be possible to get a resizable GUI at some point in the future? I think that is my only feature request, I wouldn't mess with the simplicity of this at all. Well, maybe a couple color options, but that would be icing.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:Would it be possible to get a resizable GUI at some point in the future? I think that is my only feature request, I wouldn't mess with the simplicity of this at all. Well, maybe a couple color options, but that would be icing.
Agree. It would be great to have a resizable GUI. :tu:
Last edited by Sidom on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tj Shredder wrote:
layzer wrote:try the same folder the VST dll lives in, if the VFX host cant find fxp and fxb files in there, dont know what to tell ya. Savihost finds and opens patches and banks just fine :shrug:
The plug does not seem to find them (I placed them directly and within a folder "presets" at the place where the plug-in resides. There is also no option in the GUI to actually load presets.
It would be helpful to know the path on an actual windows system. I might have to place them into the corresponding wine folder by hand. But I need to know an example path...
have you tried other browserless synths like OBXD? it would be interesting to see if VFX also fails to find OBXD preset FXP and FXB files. in which case it may just be a limitation of VFX, sadly :?

Sidom wrote:
braj wrote:Would it be possible to get a resizable GUI at some point in the future? I think that is my only feature request, I wouldn't mess with the simplicity of this at all. Well, maybe a couple color options, but that would be icing.
Agree. It would be great to have a resizable GUI. :tu:
looks fine at 1400 x 900 on my 17" wide screen laptop :idea:
whatcha gonna do when internet sites go to 14000x9000 as the standard
screen res? :?:

double post
Last edited by Tj Shredder on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

layzer wrote:have you tried other browserless synths like OBXD? it would be interesting to see if VFX also fails to find OBXD preset FXP and FXB files. in which case it may just be a limitation of VFX, sadly :?
I just need to know the place, did you install Charlatan?
If yes and it finds it presets, could you kindly simply tell me where the presets are stored, I mean the complete path starting with
C:/folder/folder/whatever/preset.fxb
OBXD is not worth to test for me, I can run it natively in OS X...[/quote]

Return to “Instruments”