Wusik Station V8.0.2 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wusik Station

Yes, Wusik Station V8 will let you use all those sounds in a single program, so, yeah! :cool: V8 is more easy indeed, and more stable too, as it is based on very modern and new coding.

Will there be more custom filter and fx scripts in the final version?

It will grow with time, as it is a lot of work to do those. But I will work on more later on. Prob won't be included in the initial release, but soon after that. Some will be ported to Wusik 8000 too. :cool:

Also, soon I will updated both Wusik 4000 and 8000 with the new integrated-modules code, which is much more solid, and also some other fixes for problems that I found while re-using the code for Wusik Station V8. :party:

The legacy preset loading is the thing that is consuming most of my time right now. But it will be worth the effort, as it opens Wusik Station V8 to a heck load of presets from previous versions. :hyper:

Yeah, can't wait to use my 60+ gigs of wusik sounds in V8. :party: :tu: :clap:

:hug: on yeah! :cool: Sounds it already loads, just presets takes more effort. ;-)

For those craving some math stuff... :hihi: I was worried on how to convert the old ADSR values into seconds, so I could use on the multi line envelope, which, guess what, takes values in seconds. While the old ADSR is just 0 to 127 (0.0 ~ 1.0). So, I took a look at how the old ADSR code math was, and did the reverse to get it in seconds. I hope I did it right. Comparing side-by-side it sounds the same...

Code: Select all

oldvalue *= oldvalue; // (0.0 ~ 1.0)
oldRateValue = (1.0 / (samplerate * (oldvalue*oldvalue*20.0))) * 4.0;
seconds = ((1.0 / oldRateValue) / samplerate) * EnvMaxTime;
// EnvMaxTime is usually 2.0 //
I should have a new beta later this week or next week, as I don't want to release the new beta with a partial legacy preset importing and having users complaining before time. ;-)

Cheers, WilliamK

As a relatively new owner of WS8 (and new to Wusik Station period) I don't mind helping test if needed, but I have to admit I'm thinking "For now, let me just leave it alone until it's completely sorted/finalized". If there's nothing that's likely to change with the basic guts of it, or to the workflow, and I'm just being a Nervous Nellie, all well and good- I'll relax, dive in, and enjoy myself (I'm from the old days of non-transparent, non-incremental, non-continuous development cycles, when version changes often meant throwing hard-won familiarity out the window, and re-learning the software all over again ;) )
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

i didnt DL the beta yet but how does granular ynth work? is it comparable to alchemy @all?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

The granular part in WS8 is much more versatile. Feel free to check out the beta and don't forget to watch the videos about the granular stuff. :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu302p ... vhA/videos

Mod Sequencer as Gate (AMP) Effect + Dual Filter Setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d16Z50v72Hk

Using the Mod Sequencer as a Gate (AMP) Effect and two filters sweeping in parallel for a nice effect. Here I started up loading an old legacy preset, which the current version already loads up nicely, and adding some new features to it.

How do my old Famous Keys presets load in the latest beta ? :)

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=1095
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I don't know yet, but don't go nuts just yet, as I haven't done the mod-matrix translation yet. It is a heck load of work. :dog:

Caine123 wrote:i didnt DL the beta yet but how does granular ynth work? is it comparable to alchemy @all?
@all?

WilliamK wrote:I don't know yet, but don't go nuts just yet, as I haven't done the mod-matrix translation yet. It is a heck load of work. :dog:
Ok I just thought that if you can get those patches to import in WS8 that should be a good test of legacy preset import........... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Indeed, I will check those out soon. :cool:

Return to “Instruments”