Air: DB-33 & Mini Grand AU/VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DB-33 Mini Grand

Hi Folks

Air is excited to announce the launch of DB-33 & Mini Grand in AU/VST format.

Building on the success of the AU/VST version Xpand!2 we are excited by popular demand to bring two new previously Protools Exclusives to the larger market.

15 day trial versions are available for both products. These products will be available as a one week exclusive on Plugin Boutique then will be available on the Air website and Akai Professional VIP Store.

Owners of AIEP and PRO TOOLS can upgrade at a reduced rate.

DB-33 VST/AU [$79.99]
Remastered and brought to AU/VST DB-33 is a highly respected virtual organ that recreates the sounds and controllability of classic tonewheel organs such as the Hammond B3, and the rotary-speaker cabinets they are often played through. It includes 122 preset sounds plus an extra-realistic convolution rotary cabinet and tube overdrive emulation. The rotary-speaker cabinet can also be used as an effect in its own right on an audio track.

Mini Grand VST/AU [$79.99]
Remastered and brought to AU/VST Mini Grand is a simple to use yet powerful virtual piano instrument with seven different acoustic piano sounds to suit a broad range of musical styles and production needs. Mini Grand has been used on a number of very famous projects and is considered the reference Piano for Pro Tools users.

Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Looking great, Simon :tu:
Nice to see these break out of the ProTools mold.

So - anyone has tested the DB-33 yet ?

Serious contender to VB3 ?

Yes, I've downloaded the demo but didn't install yet because it's one of these 'test unrestricted for x days then it disables' demos and it's summer here currently...

There is a reduced price for AIEP owners. I dont need another organ or piano so i'm out.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

No_Use wrote:So - anyone has tested the DB-33 yet ?

I tested it for a short time (as a beta tester) and found it very stable.

The sounds can be smooth but also can be harsh (or dirty)! I'm not an Organ expert, but I found it a very nice sounding organ. I don't know about VB3 because I don't own it, so I can't compare to.

The best answer is to demo it. 15 days are more than enough IMO to decide if you like it or not :)

I like it a lot (bought it.. excellent value if you already have AIEP ;) ). My "go to" is probably still going to be VB3.. even though, here on Mac, I have to load that via jBridgeM to use it in a 64-bit environment. Bear in mind , of course, that DB-33 emulates a single keyboard, whereas VB3 is two keyboards plus pedals, and had has far more "behind the scenes" settings.
DB-33's Leslie is among the best, and is available separately as an FX.
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

vic_france wrote:

I like it a lot (bought it.. excellent value if you already have AIEP ;) ). My "go to" is probably still going to be VB3.. even though, here on Mac, I have to load that via jBridgeM to use it in a 64-bit environment. Bear in mind , of course, that DB-33 emulates a single keyboard, whereas VB3 is two keyboards plus pedals, and had has far more "behind the scenes" settings.
DB-33's Leslie is among the best, and is available separately as an FX.
Thank you for your support :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX

Yes, I've downloaded the demo but didn't install yet because it's one of these 'test unrestricted for x days then it disables' demos and it's summer here currently...
DB-33 is highly respected and is a reference go to instrument for PT users :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

I don't know VB3, but given the price of this (especially for AIEP users), I think it's a no brainer :-). Light, easy to use, and with a great sound.
Fernando (FMR)

Hi Simon,
would you pass a little feature request on to the developers, please? :)...
I really wish that (on >Mac), there ware an AU MFX version, so that the rotor speed of the FX version could still be controlled via MIDI in Logic Pro X. I did try using the Instrument version, with an incoming audio track as sidechain, but I couldn't get that to work at all (the knob for "External" was even greyed out. Could be user error on my part, of course, although I have done it before in similar situation).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Was going to try but I have to register at Plugin Boutique in order to do so - why isn't this just downloadable from the Air site?

The au validation process is totally messed up. I activated the demo through the iLok license manager and with the VSt there is no problem but everytime Logic tries to scan it it brings up an Expiration warning box with 3 buttons - "Activate" "Quit" and "Continue" - thinking the demo period is already activated I try 'continue' but the same warning pops up again every time However if you click on 'activate' it just asks for a full iLok code, but then when you click 'back' it takes you to another window, this time with a 'Try" button - however click the try button and it says "Attempt to start the trial too many times" so my only other option is to quit it. Which means I can't demo the AU in Logic.

aMUSEd wrote:Was going to try but I have to register at Plugin Boutique in order to do so - why isn't this just downloadable from the Air site?
We will be selling this direct from next week. Plugin Boutique is our launch partner and have been a great help!
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

aMUSEd wrote:The au validation process is totally messed up. I activated the demo through the iLok license manager and with the VSt there is no problem but everytime Logic tries to scan it it brings up an Expiration warning box with 3 buttons - "Activate" "Quit" and "Continue" - thinking the demo period is already activated I try 'continue' but the same warning pops up again every time However if you click on 'activate' it just asks for a full iLok code, but then when you click 'back' it takes you to another window, this time with a 'Try" button - however click the try button and it says "Attempt to start the trial too many times" so my only other option is to quit it. Which means I can't demo the AU in Logic.
Hello,

You should run the stand alone authorizer application located in the Air Application folder for each instrument this will bypass this. Logic can be a bit twitchy with trials.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

These are great plugs from my PT days, they sound fantastic. Bravo team Air :clap:

Return to “Instruments”