Fxpansion Strobe 2 is available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Strobe (DCAM: Synth Squad) Strobe2

db3 wrote:
akninganing wrote:Upgrade price is way too expensive guys.

Yep, agree. Even JRR discounts stopped working. Demo didn't wow enough and the UI...well :ud:
I was just thinking... If this is the upgrade price for Strobe alone, how much would we end paying for all three?
Fernando (FMR)

How is the cpu usage? Comparable with v1?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Much better - at least on modern cpus

Upgrade price is too high for what it is in my opinion. I rarely use DCAM due to so many other options (that are much easier to use and sound excellent). New version of Sylenth is completely free for example for previous owners.

sound is beautiful-- cpu is not... some arps and pads max me out. Not even diva does this :o
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

technobear - what controller are you trying to use multidimensional control with? ROLI Seaboard or something else? Probably just a mappings issue, should be an easy fix.

And how are you running VEP5? Standalone, local, or in a host etc.?
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

billcarroll wrote:Strobe 2 adds an entire suite of effects, and features like preset morphing, that didn't exist in Strobe 1. Well worth the upgrade price for such an amazing sounding synth.

Patch Morphing is probably the only reason I'll buy this upgrade. I think that's just awesome! I wish more synthesizers had this feature.
:borg:

Hi,

Nice to see that Strobe 2 is out. (although I don't have any of the DCAM synths), but might look into Strobe 2.

I love using both Fxpansion : Geist, and Tremor , and would love to see Geist II released soon :)

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Im using both a Eigenharp Alpha and Madrona Labs Soundplane...
(Im very familiar with setting these up, and they are working fine with other voice per channel synths e.g. on u-he)

Pitchbend is mapped to pitchbend (per channel) :)
... your obviously picking up my PB, as its working as PerfX.
(Ive locked pitchbend range to +/-24 which is correct for my setup) - it also works if I have MDC turned OFF, its only when its turned on its not working.
Im assuming you map pitchbend to pitchbend as well as PerfX in MDC mode, as we need to obviously control pitch. (and I don't know how to do this using PerfX, and its not mentioned in the manual as being required)

ModWheel CC works fine on Perf 1+ , and is per channel :clap:

for Perf2+, Im sending Channel Pressure on each channel... (as described in the manual).

I think I've got the strobe setup correct, as I'm able to get it working with Perf 1+ for ModWheel, it just doesnt seem to do anything for Perf2+.

VEP, I tried standalone and hosted (both local) , same issue, menus appear , but you cannot select the submenus (ie. the main menu appears, and you can select top level items, but can get into eg. select trans menu)

For the time being, you need to dial in pitch bend by mapping PerfX to the amount of Pitch modulation you want (and any other modulation as well) via TransMod. Then it will respond per-voice & per-channel. Am planning to automate this process in an update, so that the mapping is inserted automatically when loading a preset in MDC mode - if the Seaboard RISE catches on, we're going to be seeing a lot more players wanting to do this stuff.

If you try Poly Pressure instead of Channel Pressure, any joy there?

Will take a look at VEP this week.

Have a look at the whats new pdf on FXpanion's website.

There's a lot of new features and improvements. I'm loving it anyway. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Is it just me or is fxpansion stuff too expensive in general? Can't justify the cash for what I get.

Angus_FX wrote:For the time being, you need to dial in pitch bend by mapping PerfX to the amount of Pitch modulation you want (and any other modulation as well) via TransMod. Then it will respond per-voice & per-channel. Am planning to automate this process in an update, so that the mapping is inserted automatically when loading a preset in MDC mode - if the Seaboard RISE catches on, we're going to be seeing a lot more players wanting to do this stuff.
PerfX mapping to PitchModulation .... how can I do this such that i know its a fixed number of semitones?
for all continuous controllers e.g. Soundplane/Continuum/Linnstrument/Seaboard, we need to map it such that a given full pitch-bend (16384) = N semitones (the preference is 48, but your 24 will do for now as can be set on controllers) , this way we can slide from note to note.
i.e. its not just used for vibrato.

a small FR, can you extend PB up/down to at least 48, preferably 96 (full size continuum needs this) :)
If you try Poly Pressure instead of Channel Pressure, any joy there?
No, but I will try tomorrow and post back...
btw: its more common to use channel pressure, as you already know the note given the midi channel (and midi message is 2 bytes vs 3 bytes)

BTW: have you looked at the MPE (draft) spec, this is probably the way forward in the medium term... http://bit.ly/mpe-spec
Will take a look at VEP this week.
Thanks.

Yes, I understand how it's to be used, we did quite some testing with a ROLI Seaboard & hopefully will get to test some of the others soon.
PerfX mapping to PitchModulation .... how can I do this such that i know its a fixed number of semitones?
Load your patch, choose PerfX as a mod source, now drag the mod depth on the Pitch knob until the range is 12 (or 24, 48 - however much modulation you want 16384 to be). So if the main value is +3, the mod value will be +15, the tool tip will read (+3..+15).

I've looked at an early spec, but it's much better to try with an actual working unit. There are quite some details / wrinkes to get a really smooth, believable performance. Was very happy in the end with the results on our Seaboard though.

Angus_FX wrote:Yes, I understand how it's to be used, we did quite some testing with a ROLI Seaboard & hopefully will get to test some of the others soon.
Load your patch, choose PerfX as a mod source, now drag the mod depth on the Pitch knob until the range is 12 (or 24, 48 - however much modulation you want 16384 to be). So if the main value is +3, the mod value will be +15, the tool tip will read (+3..+15).

I've looked at an early spec, but it's much better to try with an actual working unit. There are quite some details / wrinkes to get a really smooth, believable performance. Was very happy in the end with the results on our Seaboard though.
ok, will try with PerfX tomorrow (along with poly pressure),
so if I take to mod value to +12 , I assume this is bipolar +/-12

( I was a little confused how to make the other Perf bipolar or inverted, but Ive not read the manual beyond the section on the MDC preferences yet )

Thanks
Mark

Return to “Instruments”