Fxpansion Strobe 2 is available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Strobe (DCAM: Synth Squad) Strobe2

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

My query isn't meant as a dig it's more a question looking for an honest answer... Is Fxpansion going to charge €72 for each of the DCAM synth module updates so that we end up paying €288 for updating everything?
Or what plans do they have for the rest of the DCAM synth squad synths?
It seems a bit weird to have bought into a bundle and then have the synths taken out of the bundle and charged seperately for updates. Or am I missing something?

kelvyn wrote:My query isn't meant as a dig it's more a question looking for an honest answer... Is Fxpansion going to charge €72 for each of the DCAM synth module updates so that we end up paying €288 for updating everything?
Or what plans do they have for the rest of the DCAM synth squad synths?
It seems a bit weird to have bought into a bundle and then have the synths taken out of the bundle and charged seperately for updates. Or am I missing something?
They want money, as Mr. Krabs would say "the money is always right!"
~Pyrotek45

It's Fxpansion, they love to put the screws to people who actually like their products and want to keep them up to date. Wait a year and it'll all go on discount at some point.

I got DCAM Synth Squad at the price about 30USD within a bundle deal. 79 USD is way too high.

The UK, where FXPansion is, has pretty stiff taxes. This is further complicated by their currency usually costing more than other countries like the US dollar or European euro. Combine the two and you can start to see part of the reason these upgrades probably cost what they do.

I bought Synth Squad for Cypher and got two other synths along for the ride. I'll wait to see what Cypher 2 holds before upgrading it and it looks like I'll pass on Strobe 2.
Feel free to call me Brian.

contrast wrote:It's Fxpansion, they love to put the screws to people who actually like their products and want to keep them up to date. Wait a year and it'll all go on discount at some point.
Who doesn't :)
Altho I must say there are really good sounds in demos.
I also think upgrade price is too high, so I'll better wait a year.

And full price of Strobe 2 targeted against Diva, which I find quite strange considering how many different things Diva is offering.
Murderous duck!

{DELETED}!

Nice update, going through the presets and marking my favorites.

This is where having such steep sales comes back to bite you in the ass. So many people scrutinize the pricing. If u-he offered Zebra for sale at a 60% discount, I'm guessing a lot of people would start balking at a $30 upgrade fee for something they paid $80 for. Ugh.

masterhiggins wrote:This is where having such steep sales comes back to bite you in the ass. So many people scrutinize the pricing. If u-he offered Zebra for sale at a 60% discount, I'm guessing a lot of people would start balking at a $30 upgrade fee for something they paid $80 for. Ugh.
The difference is that Urs already announced the upgrade price for Zebra 3. Compare what Zebra already has, and what we (hopefully) will get in Zebra 3 for the price asked (http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=362210), with what we are getting to upgrade A THIRD of a pack for the price asked.

It isn't even comparable, IMO
Fernando (FMR)

@Angus_FX
ok.... more testing today , and better results :)

Perf2+, Ive got working with Channel and Poly Pressure.
(just started working... which obviously means, Im doing something different but not quite sure what... anyway mistake I'm my part on doubt)

PerfX to allow pitchbends, this works too..

so I can now control x/y/z on both my Eigenharp and Soundplane...
so now if you can get VEP5 working :) (i use as my main host unfortunately)

a couple of 'minor' requests:
- pitchbend - yeah, really needs to work directly without PerfX, it would be much easier, and we can lock it and forget it :)
- PerfY - can you please change this to CC 74 (or make it respond to CC 4 and CC74 if you want it backwards compatible)

if you make these two changes then you will have X/Y/Z on Pitchbend/CC 74/Channel Pressure - this is compatible with an MPE spec setup.
(its not MPE compliant as this requires a couple of other changes to response to NRPNs - BUT it means it will work with a controller in MPE mode, which would be really cool as a starting point)

with these changes, it will be really awesome.....

Now Ive got these working I'm going to dig into the synth engine :)

Considering we Logic users just got Alchemy (and a whole bunch of other stuff) for nothing - and yes I know that Apple are a slightly bigger company - the update price is irksome... I see the move from bundle to individual synths as somewhat opportunistic.
I'm demoing Strobe 2 and it is nice but there's a lot of competition out there with very innovative and great sounding product. Maybe Fxpansion will reconsider their pricing on the next updates for the other three synths.

seems odd, 4 pages, and most of the discussion is on pricing, not the synth...
anyone want to talk about the synth!?

about the synth engine...

which 'modules/controls' can be modulated per voice?
obviously oscillator, VCF,VCA
but LFO?, Euclid/Curve? , FX ? these are often traditionally 'global' i.e. for all voices...
but would make Strobe extremely powerful if these were per voice.
(its one of the things i like with modular systems, they tend to allow many things to be modulated per voice)

kelvyn wrote:and yes I know that Apple are a slightly bigger company - the update price is irksome... .
Slightly? Well that's an understatement of the year.
musisikamar.com

Return to “Instruments”