StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

Lots of empty space, could be used to make controls bigger imo.

In the upper part when clicking on the "Advanced" button at the right the full synth engine for the currently selected instrument will open (including Oscs, Filter, envelopes, LFOs and mod matrix).

StiX could also use 3 different sizes (1000, 1200 or 1400 pixels in width). The plugin has to be re-inserted or the project re-loaded to change the size.
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

ENV1 wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:...a lot of cosmetic details need to fixed, and will be fixed quickly, like the arrows to browse the Drumpad presets in the *eazy synthesis* section , the mod1, mod 2 labels, or the disto/crush on/off diode etc.
And PAST should be PASTE. There are 2 buttons where the E is missing.

As for the UI in general, i dont know why but somehow i expected something completely different. :)
Yes the two missing 'E' were already on our list But thanks for mentioning it anyway.
Well different can be a good thing. I'm happy that StiX GUI/UI can surprise people.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

AnX wrote:Lots of empty space, could be used to make controls bigger imo.
being not interested in stix at all i agree with the above. bigger knobs would make more sense.

Yes, but ..... empty places might not remain empty in the future.
I have plans to add new features to StiX for more than seven lives if all goes well. And these will require a bit of place.

This said, the GUI/UI will be polished until V1.0 is released, and a few things will move. That's why it's a public beta in v 0.95.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Ingonator wrote:In the upper part when clicking on the "Advanced" button at the right the full synth engine for the currently selected instrument will open (including Oscs, Filter, envelopes, LFOs and mod matrix).

StiX could also use 3 different sizes (1000, 1200 or 1400 pixels in width). The plugin has to be re-inserted or the project re-loaded to change the size.
Exactly Ingo :)

I'll post some screenshots of the Advanced Synthesis page when time allows. Atm we have to prepare the newsletter for the release.

Lotuzia wrote:
I have plans to add new features to StiX for more than seven lives if all goes well. And these will require a bit of place.

This said, the GUI/UI will be polished until V1.0 is released, and a few things will move. That's why it's a public beta in v 0.95.
When and if new things arrive then change the GUI. But what it is now should be for the controls it has now. GUI really needs a lot of work imo. Get a designer on the job or have a competition.

Lotuzia wrote: Yes the two missing 'E' were already on our list But thanks for mentioning it anyway.
Good. :)
Lotuzia wrote:Well different can be a good thing. I'm happy that StiX GUI/UI can surprise people.
Sure. And i didnt mean to bash it or anything, its just different from what i expected. :)

PS: As for the preset manager, we had talked about this before and IIRC the last word was that Xavier might consider an alternative in the future, like something .fxp based that would not have any categories or subcategories. Was there any progress in that area? Is this still something that might eventually materialize?

Don't hesitate to comment or criticize the current GUI/UI. We"ll listen to all suggestions. And maybe some of you will point out another typo, or something weird that we could have forgotten otherwise. Anyway polishing the GUI/UI and fixing possible major bugs are our main concerns before the release of the v1.0.

Also, in the Eazy Synthesis page, quite some place was dedicated to two other insane & exclusive features/modulators, that we finally decided to skip for the version 1.0. But ... they might come back in a future update :)

spirit wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

When and if new things arrive then change the GUI. But what it is now should be for the controls it has now. GUI really needs a lot of work imo. Get a designer on the job or have a competition.
It's a beta GUI ! and, yes, it needs some work. We already have a big list of 'to do' for that. And we'll fix them very soon. But everything works. The global look won't change. If good ideas come, from this forum or other places, we'll take them.

@lotuzia
honestly, i cant get the way you guys introduce your new product. you were banging around for a month or so with audio clips, now with unfinished gui screenshots etc. why not finish final v1.0 and announce it? i am sure that what you have created is a cool bit of software and wish you to be a great success but the way the marketing put me off instantly. anyway good luck

I had worked a bit with the plugin and IMO the overall design is not as bad as some people here seem to claim, while indeed some fixes to the GUI are necessary which mostly are alrtaedy known (also due to my own reports) but not fixed yet.

FWIW those who were reading this thread properly should have noticed there wil be a public beta. Anyway besides some GUI glitches the included features seem to work properly, at least for me.

This is the setup where i tested the VST2 plugins (both the Single stereo out plugin and the Multi output plugin) so far (and where the plugin seems to work fine for me):
Hosts: Cubase Pro 8.5 64-bit, Cubase 7.5.40 64-bit, Cubase 7.5.40 32-bit, Live 9.5 64-bit, Bitwig Studio 1.3.5, studio One 2.6.5 64-bit (no V3 here yet), Reaper 4.78 64-bit (no v5 here yet)
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

ENV1 wrote:
Lotuzia wrote: Yes the two missing 'E' were already on our list But thanks for mentioning it anyway.
Good. :)
Lotuzia wrote:Well different can be a good thing. I'm happy that StiX GUI/UI can surprise people.
Sure. And i didnt mean to bash it or anything, its just different from what i expected. :)

PS: As for the preset manager, we had talked about this before and IIRC the last word was that Xavier might consider an alternative in the future, like something .fxp based that would not have any categories or subcategories. Was there any progress in that area? Is this still something that might eventually materialize?
No probs.

Preset managers : In stiX, you can have Global Presets, Drumpads presets, Drumkits Presets, Patterns presets, Song Presets etc. And you can randomize Drumkits in a flash, or Sequence lines, or Patterns. It was really a huge work to get all this working and dealing with dependancies etc.

These various preset manager use multicriteria tags, you can create your own tags, and all preset can be sorted for the display, but also to browse them with the arrows with a dual hierarchy system ( for example you can easily display and cycle thru all the 'analog' snares, or 'sample snares' or 'Cross Synthesis' snares. )

So the system has been a bit enhanced.

Then, as StiX already have hundreds of various presets, even in beta stage, I think we need content management tools to filter them, and allow people to choose the right preset in a minute. So, I think even if the preset manager evolves in a different display page ( à la NI ), or with a kind of .Fxp compatibility, it will never drop down the multi criteria aspect. Now, I dont know exactly what you talked about with Xavier so .... My POV is that StiX will certainly have thousands of presets of various kinds in the future. And that a databased, multicriteria, and hierarchic sorting is mandatory to exploit them ( like for example in StiX you can also display the Snares by 'claps, rimshots, and snares subcategories )
Hmm I dont know if it really answers your question though :)

bronxsound wrote:@lotuzia
honestly, i cant get the way you guys introduce your new product. you were banging around for a month or so with audio clips, now with unfinished gui screenshots etc. why not finish final v1.0 and announce it? i am sure that what you have created is a cool bit of software and wish you to be a great success but the way the marketing put me off instantly. anyway good luck
Simple : Users will be able to buy the beta with an xtra large discount from tonite or tomorrow till the v1.0 release. Some other companies have been selling beta versions with a nice polished GUI, but zero presets for months before a release. StiX is different. The GUI will be polished and finished in the next weeks, and people will be able to play with it and demo it already populated with hundreds of drumpads, patterns, sequences on board. And experiment with StiX to find out if they like it, or less.

If people are not confident in the fact that Xils can fix typo and make the best use of space in the next weeks, they'll wait for the v1.0 and the standard intro price to make their final idea and decision. That's all.

And finally, if people are not interested in what StiX can do, whatever the final polished GUI/UI, like you, well, the question simply doesnt make sense.

Lotuzia wrote: Hmm I dont know if it really answers your question though :)
Not directly, but i get the picture. :)

(BTW, we (you and i) spoke about this. I didnt check, but i think it might have been somewhere in the Oxium thread.)

Lotuzia wrote:If good ideas come, from this forum or other places, we'll take them.
Make it skinnable*.

Put the images and the definition file for layout/sizes/positions outside the DLL and sooner or later you will get alternative UIs.

Many people like doing UI stuff for fun, in fact i have been known to do it myself once or twice. :)

(*Officially, i mean. If this one is like Xaviers other plugins, (XILS, minimoog, etc.), one could of course replace the images in the DLL to give it a different look, but not make whole new UIs because the layout/sizes/positions file cannot be accessed.)

Return to “Instruments”