Stacker by Sample Magic (XX- - Discontinued - -XX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just out of curiosity: what OS are you using?

'Cause I'm experiencing issues and CPU spikes on windows 64.

Win 10 (64 bit)

for what it worth, looks like OSx implementation cause a lot less issues.

So why aren´t they fixing this on windows? It must be because they don´t know how to fix it. Surely, they must be aware of the problem.

It has high CPU here on Mac no spikes, agreed seems to have been abandoned, not good.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Yeah, it feels as if they have abandoned Stacker. No updates in 5 months, no demo (!), no official thread on KVR Audio were the developers can have contact with already existing customers and potential customers.

Ohlson_M wrote:Yeah, it feels as if they have abandoned Stacker. No updates in 5 months, no demo (!), no official thread on KVR Audio were the developers can have contact with already existing customers and potential customers.
Considering the cpu issues, if there was a demo they would have lost a lot of custmers, i suppose.
By the way is hard to make a demo available for a sample based instrument.

alphadelphi wrote: By the way is hard to make a demo available for a sample based instrument.
FXpansion,New Sonic Arts,Renoise & TAL have no problems with releasing a demo for sample based instruments

Sample Magic failed to launch with this in my view

alphadelphi wrote: Considering the cpu issues, if there was a demo they would have lost a lot of custmers, i suppose.
If that is truly the case, they risk more than they gain. Plugin not working = angry customers = bad reputation = reputation spreads on forums etc = bankruptcy (eventually). They can´t be that stupid, I really hope not.

Ohlson_M wrote:
alphadelphi wrote: Considering the cpu issues, if there was a demo they would have lost a lot of custmers, i suppose.
If that is truly the case, they risk more than they gain. Plugin not working = angry customers = bad reputation = reputation spreads on forums etc = bankruptcy (eventually). They can´t be that stupid, I really hope not.
To be fair it does work here, the CPU is high but not unworkable at all and it is stable. My issue would be that some CPU optimisation should have happened by now, shame as it is a very good plugin.
Mac Studio

The problem with the windows version for me is that it is completely unusable. Almost everytime I audition any sample the CPU goes above 100%. This is even for samples with no heavy FX or modulation applied. And as I stated before, it can even happen when you open up the GUI (no samples loaded). Clearly something is very badly optimized within the plugin.

Ohlson_M wrote:The problem with the windows version for me is that it is completely unusable. Almost everytime I audition any sample the CPU goes above 100%. This is even for samples with no heavy FX or modulation applied. And as I stated before, it can even happen when you open up the GUI (no samples loaded). Clearly something is very badly optimized within the plugin.
Yes thats pretty unacceptable.
Mac Studio

The price right now is even better than any previous sale. I'm still not sure though... (I use FL Studio on Windows 10). They still haven't updated/optimised yet have they?

Couldn't resist Stacker at 50% off today! https://www.samplemagic.com/details/606/stacker
Stable so far on my Mac, and probably no more CPU than Polyplex. A huge pile of a percussion plugin for peanuts.

*edit
Spoke too soon. Intermittent issues with no sound.
Last edited by db3 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

For 25 pounds I couldn't resist. Seems very stable on FL Studio, Win 10.

Half the CPU of Polyplex too, seriously.

Return to “Instruments”