Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

pulsarmodular wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:26 am
OneOfManyPauls wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:15 am
pulsarmodular wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:24 pm Minor update:

http://www.pulsarmodular.com/p900-1-22/
Do you have any plans to address the patch notes/naming system not working in ableton live or the DAW-killing crash in ableton when just connecting 3 oscillator outputs to the CP10 mixer? We were talking about those pretty serious issues back in 2017.
Not at the moment, no.
:scared:

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:52 pm A properly working mac/AU version would be nice.
Just letting you know the AU works on my 2010 mac pro 10.13.6 LPX 10.4.6

plexuss wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:43 am
OneOfManyPauls wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:52 pm A properly working mac/AU version would be nice.
thanks - that was what I have had to do for the last 2 years: switch DAWs just to run a £130 plugin. The risk of a DAW-killing crash is just too great in Ableton Live.

I was in discussion with the developer back in 2017 so it's incredibly disappointing that not only has it not been addressed, it seems there's no interest in getting paid software working in one of the most popular DAWs. Pretty shocking really.

it's kinda disturbing really.

that small interaction with your customer just there has sealed the deal for me.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:35 am
thanks - that was what I have had to do for the last 2 years: switch DAWs just to run a £130 plugin. The risk of a DAW-killing crash is just too great in Ableton Live.

I was in discussion with the developer back in 2017 so it's incredibly disappointing that not only has it not been addressed, it seems there's no interest in getting paid software working in one of the most popular DAWs. Pretty shocking really.
Did it ever work for you in Live? I did some fixes way back but at this point I simply have no bandwidth to test outside of the platforms of the vendor defining the AU standard -- so Logic Pro and AU Lab. P900 has been running on these platforms without compatibility issues since macOS 10.11, through many OS and Logic upgrades. If Ableton does something different, that's on them.

It has always done it. Different versions of live, different versions of macos.

So you just wash your hands of getting something you charge €130 working in one of the most popular DAW's? A DAW that works fine with AU plugins from a mass of other companies? alrighty then.

You code great sounding software, but your approach to customer service is shocking.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:35 am

I know the frustration. I have a couple products I paid good money for that do not work on my system. However they work on my macbook. So the problem is something with my main music machine. The dev has tried to fix it but can't find any reason on their end why it won't work. It may be that you have a similar problem as I do. I think its something that got messed up during an macOS update. Always a risk with apple. Another symptom is that about 8 plugins re-scan every time I lauch Logic. I have no recourse but to try and sell that one product at a loss to me of course.

Sometimes there are issues that only affect one or a small number of users that ultimately can't be fixed on the plugin code side. It sucks, but it happens.

If you haven't already, try creating a new account on your mac and see if it works. if it does then you have something in your main account that is messing things up. in my case the only solution I can see so far is a complete clean re-install. To get one $100 plugin working, its not worth it. Alas. :dog:

I doubt there will ever be a windows version.
Thanks. I don't care anymore. Spending 130 banknotes on a synth plugin and then be told my (not so obscure) DAW isn't supported, is a dead-end deal. I'll pass.

@plexuss - the dev had confirmed the patch naming/notes system didn't work in ableton live back in 2017: "I have confirmed the defect in Live 9. Thanks for reporting it.".

I've tried p900 in logic, live and plogue bidule - the naming thing is an issue in live and bidule. the cp10 daw killer is just live.

I've just installed the p900 demo on an entirely different mac - exactly the same daw killing behaviour in live on that with the cp10 module.

Maybe I'm just being foolish expecting the dev of a €130 plugin to ensure it works with one of the world's most popular DAWs? :shrug:

plexuss wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:02 am Another symptom is that about 8 plugins re-scan every time I lauch Logic. I have no recourse but to try and sell that one product at a loss to me of course.
What plugin is triggering that behavior? I have the same problem on my system and have not yet found the culprit.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

A couple of things that can cause plugins to rescan on each launch of Logic are invalid version numbers (this can be checked in plugin manager) and having the same plugins installed in both the system and user components folder.

onerob wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:01 pm A couple of things that can cause plugins to rescan on each launch of Logic are invalid version numbers (this can be checked in plugin manager)
Brilliant, thanks! That solved the problem.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Great :tu:

It´s still alive.....:) (at least for me)
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... n-the-dark

That's beautiful! And the P900 still sounds so good…
Is the end of your track a nod to the recent TD's OEdipus Tyrannus remix by Steven Wilson (which is very good btw)?

Return to “Instruments”