Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

Same here, but with all modules, except heartbeat, it load in approximately in 4, 5 sec.
I'm not in front of my computer now, I will check it tomorrow. But, yes, more modules, more loading time.soft ilok and ssd drive too.
I hope, softube will make an ilok softube bundle licence, perhaps it could saving loading time and save some money if you resell it....
My big problem with softube M, is the workflow and the no midi in into the modular fx.please, add 2 or 4 mono inputs. And a 4k compatible ui.
Best
YY

Ok so it's not even connected to the Dongle.

This problem is disturbing because it's bad as it is, and it means it will get slower and slower...
I do have Midi In to the Modular FX plugin. Through the Midi to CV module. But it badly needs a module for user assignable CC's.

I agree about the more inputs. I think the non FX version should have more inputs too for external modulation.

I keep the faith and keep picking up modules because I don't want it to die, but if their plans moving forwards are just going to be charging for Mutable Instruments modules that I already have in VCV, and fail to address the appalling usability issues then it's going to be a struggle.

Actually i think Braids in Softube sounds way better than in VCV. I have compared them side by side, almost all algorithms. Also you don't have the extra options in the setup menu in VCV.

But the usability is really an issue.
Just tried Voltage modular, the interface is brilliant! You can move modules inbetween modules (DUH) :D, you can save a whole row as a preset, which is super awesome for saving building blocks. The preset system is also way better. (well.. everything is better than this)

But it sounded so f**king BORING, lifeless and just uninspiring that i had issued a refund in 2 days.
Softube is way ahead in sound compared to anything currently on market. I had the same problem with VCV.
Even if for example Braids sounds almost the same there for it is a digital module, but what can you do with it from there? Braids really opens up if you combine it with an "analog" filter or the Doepfer Vactrol for example. And all Softube modules have their little quirks that reminds me of my HW modular, you can drive the VCA really hard and it will break up like it should. It really feels and sounds analog in every way. In VCV i have tried 7 filters and they all sounded terrible.

I’m just waiting for VCV Host to load Softube M.

Highvoltage,
I'm agree with you about the Braids sound, I have compare it in softube and VCV, I arrive at the same conclusion like you. Raw braids, without any envelopes or vca, and I think, softube use something on their output channel....
About Voltage modular , the workflow is brillant and the CV to midi out is awesome, you can sequence your hardware or software, by midi channels via CV out, a big plus. About the sound, I'm not completely agree with you, I really think, the sound is made by modules, and not by the modular host. Like in a daw.
I don't like the sounds of the cherry audio modules, but the PSP audioware have a really great sound. I add too that, the latency, in Vm modular, all the modules have a tight timing, in vcv, not.
Sequencing via Voltage modular, their turing machine, s&h, analog shift register...., use some PSP modules, and send midi and CV to softube modular or solorack, (awesome allpass and freq shifter and more), and go back to Vm or softube or my daw, is a nice solution for me.
Perpetual3, about the vcv plug host, the problem is the automation, midi, protocol, slow as hell.

Ps, I like to use gate keeper for sending some CV too, or bigwig.
Ps2 : if you have and like tranzistow by Hrast dev, this beast, a kind of solaris in vst format, plus a complete fm engine, can receive CV too as modulation !.
Best
YY

How is Modular for CPU?

Is it polyphonic?

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:19 pm How is Modular for CPU?

Is it polyphonic?
High CPU usage and there is a polyphonic Midi to CV module.

Whywhy wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:08 pm Highvoltage,
I'm agree with you about the Braids sound, I have compare it in softube and VCV, I arrive at the same conclusion like you. Raw braids, without any envelopes or vca, and I think, softube use something on their output channel...

About Voltage modular , the workflow is brillant and the CV to midi out is awesome, you can sequence your hardware or software, by midi channels via CV out, a big plus. About the sound, I'm not completely agree with you, I really think, the sound is made by modules, and not by the modular host.

Perpetual3, about the vcv plug host, the problem is the automation, midi, protocol, slow as hell.
That’s too bad about VCV Host.

So, Softube changes the sound, but not in VCV or Vm?

It is also slow here, but I don't think it is because of the iLok because I don't have iLok. I use Gobbler, the other alternative protection.

EnGee wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:39 pm It is also slow here, but I don't think it is because of the iLok because I don't have iLok. I use Gobbler, the other alternative protection.
Gobbler uses ilok. If you didn't have an ilok account then it perhaps made it for you.

I don't know really what Gobbler is using. It required iLok account linking, so I did a new dummy one (not the same old one I had) online and link it to Gobbler. Oh damn!! I think you are right! I just checked the process and found "Pace license services" 32bit is running! :dog:

Wasted money! Time to uninstall all this iLok shit (sorry!).

EnGee wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:18 pm Wasted money! Time to uninstall all this iLok shit (sorry!).
I really hope you are joking :party:

OK finally bought it with Braids, are there not any Braids demo patches like there are for the other expansions?

There should be quite a few Braids presets there. Try filtering with the yellow "tags" you can narrow it down to presets that use that module.

Return to “Instruments”