Tangle: new modular FM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

Purchased Tangle
-No issues really. Not crazy about the limits on downloads but I can work with it for now.

Installed on OSX 10.9.5
- Installer stated that it was installing a demo. Since I didn't do the demo step I don't know the difference, however, I am able to save presets so I assume I have the correct non-demo version.
- Live 8.4 (32bit) did not recognize the vst or the au
- Reaper 4.61 recognized the vst and the au as 64bit (in both the Reaper 32bit and Reaper 64bit versions - both version 4 as I haven't gotten around to buying 5 as of yet)
- Once Tangle was open I could not find a version number anywhere in the interface (help)
- Resizing the window worked ok. Scrolling with the mouse-wheel (& shift) worked as well.
- I was able to load a preset. However saving a preset required a little workaround. I could not add a "User" folder from inside the plugin. I had to go out to Finder and change the permissions on the preset folder and then return to Tangle to save the preset (fyi). No more issues since.

Sorry for not trying the demo first. I looked at that no-brainer price and thought I should pounce before you came to your senses. Good luck and keep up the good work. :tu:

ThomasHelzle wrote:I think you have years of names ahead:
- Bangle is the awesome modular drum machine
Surely the jangly guitar emulator should be Bangle? :wink:

widdershins wrote:...I plan to work exclusively on it and Mangle for quite some time, to really polish them to a fine shine :)
Really happy to hear that!
Mangle is still my go to for all things granular.
And now this?
Must check that out.
Keep on the great work!

Thanks, very interesting, love comb filter\delay synthesis (and Mangle very good), need try.

Quick tested just now, hm enough good and interesting. For first - quite small cpu usage, that's encouraging.
During test no crashes yet for me (Win7 64 bit)
Will buy ofcourse (especially for price).

Unfortunatly I impulse bought it without trying the demo. I sent a couple support mails but maybe I can be more helpful here. All daws are registered:

Windows 10 -

FL12 - the 64 bit plugin shows on scan, but crashes on load with the generic "something is wrong" message. 32 bit plugin doesn't show up at all

Bitwig - Neither show up period.

Studio One 3 - Neither show up period.

Windows 7 -

FL12 - Both worked, but I had to do it through the "more plugins" option. For some reason the Plugin Database linkers just crashed. 32 bit didn't show up in the Database either.

"just use windows 7" is not a solution at all. I'm trying to migrate and this is the only plugin having issues ATM. So no fun for me tonight.

Hmm,i surely like "Mongle" much better,then Sound-Guru could name his works as Tongle,Bongle and Dongle.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

UncleAge wrote:Purchased Tangle
-No issues really. Not crazy about the limits on downloads but I can work with it for now.
Well I've got a big issue with the limits on downloads. Something is seriously messed up with my internet service right now. It could take me dozens of attempts to successfully download the paltry 7mb of Tangle. But I'm only allocated 5 attempts, of which I've already unsuccessfully used two. I have a support call in to my ISP, but they likely won't have the problem resolved within the 120 hours I've been allocated to download Tangle. I've also emailed Tom about this, but no response yet. :(
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Small request - add to install selection location for install factory waveforms to user (non-system) partition.

Another little moment - lack of main gain module in modules list (?), for example if i remove all modules together then i will should re-load plugin for load gain again :lol:

Hm, manually blend between waveforms it seems not works ? Or im doing wrong something.
I enable wavetable blending in osc, select different waves in 1/2/3/4, and change blend fader value (in Manual mode), but no effect.
Need clarify

Oh damn, first crash also for me :( (Win 7 64 bit, Studio one v2 64 bit), when i add macro module, connect to oscillator freq, and then tried to remove connect (pressed at cross on wire).
Well, perhaps yes, need wait until this is pass the initial stage.

sounds good, have to try :)

Great looking instrument - if you get a chance can you take a look at it in Renoise, I can make it crash without fail by connecting an oscillator to another component eg a filter and then once the connection has been set up clicking the little Osc out node again - Renoise will crash. I'm on Win 10 64 bit. If the crashing can be ironed out I'll buy this as I like The Mangle a lot and this looks great.

Really very promising abilities for sound sculpt, but need fix a lot it seems. Then will musthave tool.

Return to “Instruments”