VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Bug?
i clicked only 1 genre/tag but everything is displayed twice:

SUGGESTION:

how about right click on a knob and having the option to copy/paste the value? :)

QUESTION:

am i stupid? how can i select how the wav should be processed? sampler/granular? can i switch it afterwards too?
Last edited by Caine123 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Caine123 wrote: i am looking forward to simon stockhausen's granular xp, im sure he does one!
Yes I will make a second library for Avenger including many granular based patches plus all the other stuff, the magic for me with these hybrid instruments is the possibility to layer all these different synthesis forms, or splitting them across the keyboard or both, key-switches would also be cool but we have Falcon for that.
Some granular bats, at last!

1 preset with 3 samples, some lfos + macros, 3 eq's and reverb. nothing mastered :). so it's messy but i hope you like it.

https://clyp.it/hg5tu13a
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Very nice preset Caine123 ! Very "Twin Peaks / Lynchian" sounding :love:

Do you mind to give us this only preset ? I would like to see what's in it.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

inusable wrote:Very nice preset Caine123 ! Very "Twin Peaks / Lynchian" sounding :love:

I know is offtopic but the sound is so damn similar with something that Zynaptiq's Adaptiverb & Wormhole would do, you get this sound just by adjusting two knobs from any source (be it synth, be it drum loop). If you're into this, definitely check it.
Last edited by sircuit on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

_double post_

Bug?
looks like you installed the factory content twice?? Maybe the old R2 + the R4?
delete the old file... you lose 5gb space

furthermore it seems you do not have the newest version installed (1.2.2), because this version normally should blend the old one out.

isnt it possible to switch on the fly between the different smapling/synthesis modules?
e.g. i have imported a bass sound and it was imported as a SAMPLE (resampler), cant i click on an option and choose e.g. granular? this would be awesome for fiddling around.
msvs wrote:
Bug?
looks like you installed the factory content twice?? Maybe the old R2 + the R4?
delete the old file... you lose 5gb space

furthermore it seems you do not have the newest version installed (1.2.2), because this version normally should blend the old one out.
thanks i will check it out!
inusable wrote:Very nice preset Caine123 ! Very "Twin Peaks / Lynchian" sounding :love:

woah, thanks so much buddy! i love david lynch style, silent hill etc. so just shoot me a pm!

randomly BUT VERY often it is not possible to use the editor anymore within FL Studio

Caine123 wrote:randomly BUT VERY often it is not possible to use the editor anymore within FL Studio

vst2 or 3? Over here, i have some issues with the vst3 version. VST2 runs stable

Live on video -> my first encounter with the granular engine in Avenger using a sample from my Iris library - both oscillators use the same sample, OSC2 plays the sample backwards. I'm getting a lot of spinning beachballs and hanging notes, I know this behavior from former version of Avenger, it's very laggy and hardly usable (Mac Pro - 12 core - OSC 10.11).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py7Yxbih6SM

msvs
the most value of the Granular XP is in my eye NOT the presets alone, its the 512 specialized samples for granular, which you get. Explore them inside the granular engine in your own taste.
Thanks for the tip. I've been too busy writing to explore granular much, but there are loads of good ideas emerging in this thread, which I'll try out next week. So thanks.

Meanwhile, the ARP midi export feature is brilliant.

It greatly increases the connectedness between AVENGER and my DAW, joins the dots in my music better - literally, joins the dots.

An aside

Is there anyone here like me who used to read / write old fashioned music stave notation who can now read piano roll dots and dashes like music, write in dots like music.

I'm enjoying it enormously, kicking old dots into touch, and writing in "new midi dots".

Way to go :D
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Another test live on video - a granular patch using a processed glass harp sample from my Iris library, tweaking things on the fly towards the end of the video. The laggy-ness I experienced before seems to be related to the length of a given sample and if it has been imported as a granular sample before using it in Avenger. Simply dropping long wav files without converting them first seems to produce this laggy-ness and hanging beach balls all over the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qis6bxxmUE4

Sampleconstruct wrote:Live on video -> my first encounter with the granular engine in Avenger using a sample from my Iris library - both oscillators use the same sample, OSC2 plays the sample backwards. I'm getting a lot of spinning beachballs and hanging notes, I know this behavior from former version of Avenger, it's very laggy and hardly usable (Mac Pro - 12 core - OSC 10.11).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py7Yxbih6SM
Go to your Sys tab and check Settings. Is your FPS mode set to ECO? Might help, though I think ECO is the default setting. You've got a 12-core monster, yet my 5-year old quad core Windows machine seems to hover around 15-25% for most granular stuff.

Does your Mac Pro have integrated graphics or are you using a dedicated GPU? Your CPU is all over the place in that video, though your screen cap software is likely helping along with that. What audio interface are you using? What is your sample buffer and rate set to? I'm running 44.1 Khz at 256 samples.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Does somebody has the same bug as me?

after avenger update 1.2.2 the arp wont repeat at 8 bars playing.
I used the preset AR A State of Trance for testing.
I hear the drums and the melody play once, after the 8 bars only the drums repeat.
And after 3 time the arp will play the 8 bars again and stop with repeat again after the end.
for testing..

Btw I am on windows 8.1

in Ableton 9.7.4 x64 >>>> i made a midi clip with 1 note at key C4 at 8 bars long
in Reason 9.5.1d19 >>>> i made a midi clip with 1 note at key C4 at 8 bars long
both has the same bug the arp wont repeat

fl studio 12.5.0.59 x64 >>>> i made a pattern and need key C6 for the same tone of the melody
but in this DAW the arp works good and repeat the arp over and over again.

am i the only one with this bug??

thanks guitarie

Return to “Instruments”