Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Anyone know what the license transfer policy is for Avenger (whether it's allowed and what the cost is)? Considering letting my license go this holiday season.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Don't know if this has been asked before, but would it be possible for the different "boxes" in avenger to be undocked, and then expanded separately, for close work.

I'm thinking especially of the drum sequencer, but really any part of avenger that requires constant work in the course of developing a tune.

I could park it on monitor 2, and easily refer back without having to screw my eyes up.

And it would solve the general comment that avenger is very packed and hard to see.

Undock & expand? Is it physically possible?
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

EnochLight wrote:Anyone know what the license transfer policy is for Avenger (whether it's allowed and what the cost is)? Considering letting my license go this holiday season.
Hmmm... I think I found my answer from their FAQ:
License transfers are possible, but require to sell your dongle together with your product (or an empty dongle, where the license you want to sell has been moved onto by simple drag & drop in the elicenser control center). Licenses can not be moved online, the dongle has to be physically on the computer for license transfer. If the new owner wants to receive future updates or technical support for his product(s), you need to purchase a license transfer from us, so the new owner will be listed in our database. This costs 15$/15E/10GBP. Please contact Nicole "at" Vengeance-Sound.com. There you will get a link for purchase and further infos.
My concern is this part:
Please note, that you only can sell hardware Dongle protected plugins, no 100% digital products, such as samplepacks or soundsets!
I never received a hardware dongle for Avenger. It's 100% software authorized. I wonder if they also include software dongles for transfer??
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Anyone know what the license transfer policy is for Avenger (whether it's allowed and what the cost is)? Considering letting my license go this holiday season.
Hmmm... I think I found my answer from their FAQ:
License transfers are possible, but require to sell your dongle together with your product (or an empty dongle, where the license you want to sell has been moved onto by simple drag & drop in the elicenser control center). Licenses can not be moved online, the dongle has to be physically on the computer for license transfer. If the new owner wants to receive future updates or technical support for his product(s), you need to purchase a license transfer from us, so the new owner will be listed in our database. This costs 15$/15E/10GBP. Please contact Nicole "at" Vengeance-Sound.com. There you will get a link for purchase and further infos.
My concern is this part:
Please note, that you only can sell hardware Dongle protected plugins, no 100% digital products, such as samplepacks or soundsets!
I never received a hardware dongle for Avenger. It's 100% software authorized. I wonder if they also include software dongles for transfer??
I thought I already saw customers selling their Avenger license here in kvr without any hassle. And since this has to be done in cooperation with the dev (for tranfering the license to a new account) it seems to be legitimate. If I remember correct the dev said it in here too.

Dongle is needed for them FXs, it doesn’t apply to Avenger.
Last edited by nordickvr on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

by

Call me silly, but please how do you load the attack samples , that they sound like the preview???

With an initialized preset (turned off the filter and the sends) if I click on "SAW" to open the waveform browser and navigate to "Special Samples" > "Factory Attack Clicks" and choose i.e. "Attack Click 3" ... the preview when I click on the samples name in the browser sounds completely different to what I hear pressing any keys on my keyboard... with keytracking on I am not able to get the same pitch like the preview (seem to be in between some notes) and with keytracking off it plays much lower than the preview...
Additionaly it sounds more squashed, less attack and more dull...

What am I doing wrong???

Do you load them in a sampler or granular sampler? Granular will change the sound for sure, sampler shouldn't.
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

Warehouseparty wrote:Do you load them in a sampler or granular sampler? Granular will change the sound for sure, sampler shouldn't.
I guess in a sampler... I just click on the "Saw" name of an initialized preset:
Choose.jpg
go to "Special Samples" than into "Factory Attack Clicks":
Choose2.jpg
And as I said... I turned off the filter and the sends...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Could you post a FULL screenshot of Avenger after loading the sample, making sure OSC1 is selected and the part at the bottom is showing not the keyboard (if possible).
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

Perhaps it gets more clear with a little video:

https://youtu.be/j4vEFBslVu4

you should turn off the microfade in from 1ms to 0ms
the other thing is just, the preview is 1 octave higher (C)

msvs wrote:you should turn off the microfade in from 1ms to 0ms
the other thing is just, the preview is 1 octave higher (C)
Okay, micro fade helped a lot... but the attack samples are not tuned at all...
i.e. Attack Click 4 is an E...

Is that not a bit confusing??? I would normaly expect, that if I hit C3 (60) on my keyboard, it matches the preview... (pitchwise)...

But thx so far :-)

yes, they are not tuned since they usually have no key

msvs wrote:yes, they are not tuned since they usually have no key
And this is the point, which I don´t understand...

If I put a bunch of not tuned samples one after another in any sampler, they sound 1:1 (preview and after loading in a sampler) at a given key (normaly midi note 60) ... and this is equal for all of them...
All drumsamples I throw in manually from the file browser of Avenger do exactly that... 1:1 at note 60...
And on the bottom of the editor window it says "Root C2"????? :o
If midi note number 60 can be C3 or C4 or C5 in it´s various interpretations... but C2???

And the Attack clicks play 1:1 at note 72 ... or some at 76??? I cannot really see any logic behind this....

Return to “Instruments”