Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

100tifiko wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:36 pm Expansion request Analog 2 and Worship expansion especially nice Pads and pianos and guitars now with the 1.5 on the way would be great to have a worship expansion again great job on the atmospheric expansion. Still waiting on Hip Hop 2 also and cinematic 3
Nice neo-soul chords and progressions for Gospel Worship.

Razzia wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:31 pm
tapekiller wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:56 pm The thing is that the modmatrix as it currently is simply isn't suit for the task because the generic assignment is not proportional to notes frequencies for obvious reasons, and I'm sure you know how note's frequencies work: they are not linear like any parameter that isn't Hz based, they are exponential just like cutoff controls and eq band controls.
But cant you set the curve of a modulation to resemble an exponential curve in the matrix?

Might not be precise enough for what youre trying to do but it might get you closer
In theory, yes. But as I said before the speed has steps and is not accurate. it could help if it there was a toggle between sync and free (hz) like there is for LFOs, but there isn't.
I already did as you said as a workaround but in the end avenger can't match sample playback speed with envelope speeds. The most accurate workaround would be using a custom waveform (with the shape of the desired) as an oscillator, and use it as FM source for the desired sound. Its speed would be dictated by notes, and that would be the most effective workaround.

Another reason why using the pitch envelope speed modulation by itself wouldn't be ideal is that avenger's pitch modulation speed parameter is "monophonic", and by that I mean: if i play a chord and the keytrack is mapped to the speed of the envelope, there will be only one speed, which is the speed of one of the notes played (and if strummed it will be the last), and it would be the same across all notes. On the contrary, other parameters (like transpose, fine tuning, or even volume) are polyphonic parameters, so if you play a chord all voices will behave according to their own single modulation value they are supposed to follow which, again, doesn't happen with the aforementioned speed parameter.

So, in the end, the best course of action in this case would be using a freeform oscillator to draw by hand the curve and try to smooth the waveform to make it not poopy (even if it's kinda hard to see the final curve under that bold orange line lol)
msvs wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:21 pm the mod matrix does not have to be percentual, it can be set so "+" additive, also ;)
I know, but your "suggestion" is very much beside the point. Again, I know very well how it works.
Whether you use it as percentile or additive you don't have control over the max parameter, so it doesn't really matter if you need to be precise.
If I want the parameter to go from a value to another, the most precise thing I can do right now is going to 0 and remap the curve to start from the starting parameter I want in %, and go till the max % that I need to calculate by hand separately. But it's still not precise because you can't dial in numeric values for curve points in the remap section (or even knobs at all, why isn't that a thing yet? :o please consider it), and it would only apply to parameters that have a linear increase behaviour.

Regards

Any idea on a release date for 1.5?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

@msvs

One feature that might be cool to have is the ability to protect certain harmonics from FFT modulation. So if you're using flip or sweep you can save the lowest couple harmonics to preserve the pitch, or keep the high end stable if you want it to be bright or whatever

edit - Also I really wish the macro buttons could be used to switch things on and off in the osc routing. Arps, filters, sends...

Razzia wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:44 pm @msvs

One feature that might be cool to have is the ability to protect certain harmonics from FFT modulation. So if you're using flip or sweep you can save the lowest couple harmonics to preserve the pitch, or keep the high end stable if you want it to be bright or whatever

edit - Also I really wish the macro buttons could be used to switch things on and off in the osc routing. Arps, filters, sends...
YES! I wanted this for a long time!
Be able to lock second, third or fourth harmonic.
Then it wont be losing "fundamental-low" energy.

Hi.
I'm sorry, but I can't work normally. Every time when I work with VPS Avenger Cubase crashes. How to reproduce it.

1. Create instrument track with VPS Avenger
2. Place any MIDI and start play
3. Open VPS Avenger while MIDI plays. I get crash on this step every third time from 3.

OR

1. Create instrument track with VPS Avenger
2. Place any MIDI and start play
3. Open VPS Avenger while MIDI plays.
4. Make any changes in I VPS Avenger GUI.
5. Close VPS Avenger GUI while MIDI plays. I get crash on this step every second time from 3.

I can't work because Avenger crashes DAW 2 times from 3!

By the way. I have the same situation with Studio One Pro 4.5

Can anybody explain situation?

P. S. I have a dump file, but spam filter on this forum doesn't give me ability to place it here.

this is not a support forum. Instead of opening extra an account here for it, it would be better to contact the support via email (keilwerth at vengeance-sound.com)

I wrote. Did it twice already. They're doesn't answer....

I want to freely offer something that I programmed to the Avenger community that might be helpful in your sound design experience. Its a midi to Arp semitone converter, that might help speed up your workflow. Its been helpful to me and saved me some time. Download link in the description of video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE_H32wudyw

Bansaw wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:42 pm I want to freely offer something that I programmed to the Avenger community that might be helpful in your sound design experience. Its a midi to Arp semitone converter, that might help speed up your workflow. Its been helpful to me and saved me some time. Download link in the description of video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE_H32wudyw
Hey! i recognize that voice.

"Crown" music? Very subtle, Ser Davos.

Neat tool btw. I'll probably grab that when I'm at my desktop

Hi mvsv, are there any plans to include Avenger in nks format? Would be cool to have everything mapped out with preset examples etc using komplete kontrol :P

at the moment not, I am sorry

I have been converting some wavetables into Avenger format. I have created sub folders in my file explorer but they dont show up like that in the synth. Instead it all gets put in one folder creating a very long list of wavetables. Does anyone know how to have them show up in the sub folders within the synth?

steefthtje wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:13 pm I have been converting some wavetables into Avenger format. I have created sub folders in my file explorer but they dont show up like that in the synth. Instead it all gets put in one folder creating a very long list of wavetables. Does anyone know how to have them show up in the sub folders within the synth?
I am curious too. I don't think there's a way. definitely should be a feature request.

Return to “Instruments”