Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Can The Legend stand up to Saurus2 ?

Even better. It stands up to a Minimoog Model D.

Numanoid wrote:Can The Legend stand up to Saurus2 ?
Those are really different synths and not really comparable. Anyway Saurus 2 got multiple features not found in The Legend or a real Mini. The most obvious are the multimode filter and the dedicated LFOs in Saurus (in The Legend you could use Osc 3 as a LFO, like in the real thing). Besides that Saurus has a mod matrix, an Arp/sequencer, a 3rd envelope and otehr stuff.
Anyway The Legend has alraedy more features than teh real synth so i would not call it "limited" at all.
Really depends on what you want to do with the synth.

Concerning the filter both Saurus 2 and The Legend seem to use the zero-delay feedback technology while both seem to be reasonable or even quite low in terms of CPU use.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Yorrrrrr wrote:Even better. It stands up to a Minimoog Model D.
I'll be convinced when i hear sounds like these, from 3:42 on, from my speakers :):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbdyMP_CiIY

Ingonator wrote:
Saurus 2 got multiple features not found in The Legend or a real Mini. The most obvious are the multimode filter and the dedicated LFOs in Saurus (in The Legend you could use Osc 3 as a LFO, like in the real thing). Besides that Saurus has a mod matrix, an Arp/sequencer, a 3rd envelope and otehr stuff.
OK, so as they both cost the same, you are saying that Saurus2 is the better buy because it contains more stuff and options than The Legend.

chk071 wrote:I'll be convinced when i hear sounds like these, from 3:42 on, from my speakers :)
Yes, your speakers will sound like that with Legend.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Saurus 2 got multiple features not found in The Legend or a real Mini. The most obvious are the multimode filter and the dedicated LFOs in Saurus (in The Legend you could use Osc 3 as a LFO, like in the real thing). Besides that Saurus has a mod matrix, an Arp/sequencer, a 3rd envelope and otehr stuff.
OK, so as they both cost the same, you are saying that Saurus2 is the better buy because it contains more stuff and options than The Legend.
No, taht's not what i said. Those two synths are really differnt and The Legend is supposed to be a proper emulation of a Minimoog Model D with a few additional features, no more and no less.

If you want a proper Minimoog emulation or love the Minimoog sound you should get it and if not you could search for otehr synths instead.

For me who owned a real Minimoog in the past (around 2004/2005) and since selling it (which i did regret) searched for a replacement The Legend and also Monark are perfect replacements.
THere usis nothing that replaces a Mini except a proeper emulation or buying the real thing again and i decided to go with the cheaper way (while i also own two real analog monosynths: Waldorf Pulse 2 and Novation Bass Station II).

Anyway i am also a long time fan of the Saurus and programmed almost 300 patches with it but i do not see it as a proper Minimoog replacement, both sound and feature wise.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Anyway i am also a long time fan of the Saurus and programmed almost 300 patches with it but i do not see it as a proper Minimoog replacement, both sound and feature wise.
OK, so Saurus2 is a better VA overall.

Numanoid wrote: OK, so as they both cost the same, you are saying that Saurus2 is the better buy because it contains more stuff and options than The Legend.
Numanoid wrote: OK, so Saurus2 is a better VA overall.
I have no idea where you read that from Ingo's replies. All that he wrote is that it's different synths, with different approaches, and different features. Saurus is not a Minimoog emulation, Legend is. There's also no word of "better" or "worse", and none of us except the people who tried Legend already are able to judge about that (for themselves) anyway.

chk071 wrote:and none of us except the people who tried Legend already are able to judge about that (for themselves) anyway.
You can download demo of the RE in Reason, and find out for yourself.

I don't own Reason. ;)

chk071 wrote:I don't own Reason. ;)
As you started the thread I took for granted that you were a Reason user.

Well, there are still people that think that a Minimoog is too limited in terms of features and i do not really care about such opinions. If you know how to program a Minimoog properly you could get tons of great sounds from it, even more wit hsome of teh advacned features in THe Legend.

For someone who played and even owned a real Minimoog in the past it's a diffrent story anyway. When i played with it for teh fisrt tiem it was pure magic and shortly after selling it i did regret it.
For the money i spent later to replace it with both software and hardware (including e.g. a Creamware Minimax ASB, a MFB Synth II and a Moog Slim Phatty besides almost any emulation available) i could have kept teh real Mini i guess (i had paid 2000 € for it, freshly serviced, and later sold it for the same amount).
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:If you know how to program a Minimoog properly you could get tons of great sounds from it
Sure, but they would never be poly. And polyphonics can add even more great sounds.

Just...wait...for...the...demo... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”