Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Dullee wrote:
I wasn't aware of this mod. Seems to greatly improve the original, but even so, I think that the Prophet-600 will not bring more to the table than what we already have. It's "another" relatively simple subtractive synth - Not my cup of tea.
it's the second time I see you use the word "we", speaking as if you was some collective and not just one guy. I told you, there is no "we". you may not talk for other people. "you don't want, you don't need something" - it's just you. you don't want Minimoog iOS app ported to desktop, you don't want P-600 synth from Synapse Audio... you talk as if the developers were working for you, making only the synthesizers you want. and it's not the case, as we all know. so hold your horses, will ya, and cut the "we" word. there is no "we".
First: You need to calm down.
Second: It was ME who wrote that, not the guy you are addressing to (chk071). But feel free to address this to me.
Third: There may always be a WE, since in a vast auditory like this it's unlikely that no one would agree with me. But that's my opinion, of course. Anyway, I think I can use the pronoun WE, as it is a common way to address this kind of thinking (its called generalization). Of course, generalizations are sometimes dangerous, and I may be wrong in my statement. It's up to you to prove I'm wrong in my generalization.
Fernando (FMR)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:Legend sounds incredible, can't wait for Synapse's Oberheim (OB-Xa) emulation.
Are they really working on that? If so, is there an ETA?
Yes, both a P600 and an OB-Xa are in the works. A MemoryMoog might happen at some point in the future too, but development hasn't started on that one.
All three of those, I'm not interested.

But more faithful versions of these:

ARP2600
CS-80
OB-X
Crumar Performer
Farfisa Polychrome
Oberheim OB-8
Andromeda
Fender Chroma Polaris
Moog Taurus MKI
EMS Synthi-AKS
FS1R
KORG MINIPOPS 7
A RSF Polykobol II that sounds like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H247bhAZOS4
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:

But more faithful versions of these:

ARP2600
CS-80
OB-X
Crumar Performer
Farfisa Polychrome
Oberheim OB-8
Andromeda
Fender Chroma Polaris

Moog Taurus MKI
EMS Synthi-AKS
FS1R
KORG MINIPOPS 7
A RSF Polykobol II that sounds like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H247bhAZOS4
Wait, you don't want the OB-Xa, but you want the OB-8? :dog: I admit that the OB-8 may have a few more parameters, but doesn't make that much difference. That said, I also see no reason to not take the extra step, and recreate the OB-8 together with the OB-Xa, since they are so similar.

I second you regarding the Alesis Andromeda A6, the Fender Chroma and/or Polaris, and the Yamaha FS1R.

The Synthi-AKS and the RSF PolyKobol have been done quite well by Xils-Lab.
Last edited by fmr on Thu May 03, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Not well enough for me. If a Reaktor ensemble gets me to immediately OH yes, yeS, YES THAT'S IT!, and not a full fledged product, there's something wrong.

If the Obies can be combined, all for it. ;)
And don't smack your forehead bro, that's only done in circumstances such as these:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mGlQeSbou0
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:Legend sounds incredible, can't wait for Synapse's Oberheim (OB-Xa) emulation.
Yes, both a P600 and an OB-Xa are in the works. A MemoryMoog might happen at some point in the future too, but development hasn't started on that one.
Same here, pretty dull synths, i'd prefer an accurate emu of the Polivoks or CS-15. 8)

AnX wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Same here, pretty dull synths, i'd prefer an accurate emu of the Polivoks or CS-15. 8)
But you can't make "Jump" brass preset on them. :lol:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Shame they don't emulate the OB-X. I could be wrong, but... seems like it actually sounds quite a bit warmer, and more defined than the OB-Xa?

I remember there was a discussion about that a while ago, and, i think the OB-Xa used the same filter chip as the Prohet 5 or something, while the OB-X had a "typical" Oberheim filter.

VSE:

"The OB-X was very similar to the OB-Xa except that its voices could not be split or layered and, more significantly, the OB-X had a lowpass-only discrete SEM 12dB/oct state variable filter, which had a great and classic Oberheim sound. The OB-Xa changed that in an attempt to economize manufacturing and increase stability by switching to CEM3320 Curtis chips for its filters. The Xa offered two switchable filter modes: 12 dB/oct (2-pole) or 24 dB/oct (4-pole). This hardware change resulted in a more agressive sound, not quite as creamy as the OBX original, but what still became a "bread and butter" sound of the Oberheim line".

I'm sure there are some who prefer the OB-X to the OB-Xa and vice versa........ :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

OB-Xa is far from dull. But yes, OB-X was the best out of the three, sound-wise. Discrete voiceboards FTW.

DuX wrote:
AnX wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:
Examigan wrote:
But you can't make "Jump" brass preset on them. :lol:
One of the best Jump brass pad I have heard was from Tone2 Saurus :hihi:
Not a fan of that whole emulation business...

Teksonik wrote: I'm sure there are some who prefer the OB-X to the OB-Xa and vice versa........ :shrug:
Sure. I'm happy about any Oberheim emu.

AnX wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:
Examigan wrote:
+1

I suppose it shouldn't be a big hassle to make an OB-X and OB-Xa e-mu all in one. Just have two filter types and X-mod for both. Is there anything else? It would be interesting to be able to use X-mod with OB-Xa filters... ;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

The difference was the filter among other things, right?
That gave me an idea for a new synth: a modular synth where one can combine famous, precisely modulated filters, oscillators, envelope generators etc. I.e. not synths or synth modules like in Diva. But really the components as such. That should automatically allow the emulation of a whole range of synths, which were also based on those components.

DuX wrote:I suppose it shouldn't be a big hassle to make an OB-X and OB-Xa e-mu all in one. Just have two filter types and X-mod for both. Is there anything else? It would be interesting to be able to use X-mod with OB-Xa filters... ;)
Question is if they have both synths available for A/B comparison...

Return to “Instruments”