Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:10 pm
Caine123 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:26 am
Examigan wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:04 am No, but there is a free trial during July for the XV-5080. I already have that one, but it's great for people who are thinking of buying a lifetime key (or Ultimate membership) as they can demo it for a few weeks.
thx, i purchased 1 year beginning this year, i think i should choose 8 keys or 6 lifetime keys now. if this year doesnt happen much i might cancel then :/
Hi, Caine123! The Test Drive promotion allows members to demo an instrument for free every month. We'll be rotating new instruments in and out with bonus content. It sounds like you may be referring to a Loyalty Program issue. Here's some info on our previous promotions. I'll reach out to assist with your account. Thanks! 😊

https://www.rolandcloud.com/news/loyalty-program-update
For a few years now, I've received (and read) the emails from Roland, but I can't say I remember reading anything about a "Test Drive" promotion. How long has this been going on -- and more importantly, since I've apparently missed a few, can I try them all now? :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:36 am For a few years now, I've received (and read) the emails from Roland, but I can't say I remember reading anything about a "Test Drive" promotion. How long has this been going on -- and more importantly, since I've apparently missed a few, can I try them all now? :wink:

Steve
I never received any e-mail about this either, but I have been noticing that some instruments show a "test-drive" (or something like that) button in the Manager, and they aren't açlways the same. Since I have a subscription that entitles me to use all of them, I always wodered whta that was for.

Another confusing thing- I think that Roland should be able to hide this button in the manager from people that already have the instrument authorized in their system.
Fernando (FMR)

Hi, for now I am only interested in the SRX - Orchestra and the SRX 5080, nothing and absolutely nothing else, so, which membership plan would be the right choice for me from RolandCloud?
I'm still not clear on this specifics of Roland Cloud's rental offers.
Session guitarist and music producer from Venezuela
One of my old demos: (Scarbee and Overloud)
https://bit.ly/3mDq0D3

Jazzguitar wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:56 pm Hi, for now I am only interested in the SRX - Orchestra and the SRX 5080, nothing and absolutely nothing else, so, which membership plan would be the right choice for me from RolandCloud?
To have access to the XV-5080 and the SRX series, you will need the Ultimate subscription. Basically, it's the only subscription that gives you access to something relevant. The rest is merely rubbish (unless you value Zenology, which I don't).
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:08 am
planetearth wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:36 am For a few years now, I've received (and read) the emails from Roland, but I can't say I remember reading anything about a "Test Drive" promotion. How long has this been going on -- and more importantly, since I've apparently missed a few, can I try them all now? :wink:

Steve
I never received any e-mail about this either, but I have been noticing that some instruments show a "test-drive" (or something like that) button in the Manager, and they aren't açlways the same. Since I have a subscription that entitles me to use all of them, I always wodered whta that was for.

Another confusing thing- I think that Roland should be able to hide this button in the manager from people that already have the instrument authorized in their system.
I have the Pro subcription. I just checked the Test Drive button on the left side and for me it just shows the JUNO-106 Model Expansion and nothing else. There is something about a test drive for the XV-5080 in the "News" section (I already own a lifetime key) and it doesn't show that one in the Test Drive section, so that seems to be working here.

EDIT: I just looked at the long list of products after clicking "Library" on the left and there are a few others there available as Test Drive that are not showing up when you click on "Test Drive", so it is a little confusing. It seems those two areas should show the same ones that are available to demo/test drive.

Jazzguitar wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:56 pm I'm still not clear on this specifics of Roland Cloud's rental offers.
Scroll down a bit on this page and it shows what is included in each of them:
https://www.rolandcloud.com/roland-account/memberships/

fmr wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:00 pm
Jazzguitar wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:56 pm
Hi, for now I am only interested in the SRX - Orchestra and the SRX 5080, nothing and absolutely nothing else, so, which membership plan would be the right choice for me from RolandCloud?
To have access to the XV-5080 and the SRX series, you will need the Ultimate subscription. Basically, it's the only subscription that gives you access to something relevant. The rest is merely rubbish (unless you value Zenology, which I don't).
Yes, thank you. I guess that subscription scheme will work for some, but not for me. So at this point I decide to dust off my XV-5050 hardware, which, except the sampler which is totally outdated and unnecessary, contains all the 5080's resources (plus 128 new exclusive presets in the user bank) .

It's laughable to have to pay for an Ultimate plan just to use one or two instruments which is what I need. I have a music hobbyist student who is in love with the D-50, I can't imagine having to tell him that he has to pay 200 every year to fulfill his aspirations.

What is wrong with Roland not learning from the current successful Rent-to-Own scheme that I'm sure thousands more prefer and use?

Well, unchangingly I will still remain a Roland lover as I have been for 40 years. It won't influence me at all that presumably Roland has a logistical team that inherited absolutely nothing from its predecessors, except the babel gliberish in the writing of old manuals, translated to their cloud marketing "strategies".

Jazzguitar wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:54 pm
It's laughable to have to pay for an Ultimate plan just to use one or two instruments which is what I need. I have a music hobbyist student who is in love with the D-50, I can't imagine having to tell him that he has to pay 200 every year to fulfill his aspirations.
If all he wants is the D-50, it's $149 for a lifetime key or he can get the Pro subscription which is $99 a year or $9.99 a month.

XV-5080 is $129 for lifetime key or you can get it with the Ultimate subscription. Sometimes they have special deals, I think they're usually around December.
Last edited by Examigan on Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:45 pm
Jazzguitar wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:56 pm I'm still not clear on this specifics of Roland Cloud's rental offers.
Scroll down a bit on this page and it shows what is included in each of them:
https://www.rolandcloud.com/roland-account/memberships/
Yes, of course I had read it, but maybe I had a hope. But there isn't. Thank you.

Examigan wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:04 pm
Jazzguitar wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:54 pm
If all he wants is the D-50, it's $149 for a lifetime key or he can get the Pro subscription which is $99 a year or $9.99 a month.

XV-5080 is $129 for lifetime key or you can get it with the Ultimate subscription. Sometimes they have special deals, I think they're usually around December.
I was wondering about the lifetime key. That definitely sound interesting, good information, thank you.

:tu:

I am trying to update the cloud manager. I get a message"Roland cloud services unavailable,Try again later.
I think I need to update, to get the JD 8000 model expansion, which is in my library but locked.

bill45 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:33 am I am trying to update the cloud manager. I get a message"Roland cloud services unavailable,Try again later.
I think I need to update, to get the JD 8000 model expansion, which is in my library but locked.
I got that a couple of times, but I just kept trying and it eventually succeeded.

You can just download RCM directly from the site, but you can't update your current version with the new one unless you uninstall the current one first. I don't know what that will screw up, so it may be worth just trying to update it from within the software.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:39 am
bill45 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:33 am I am trying to update the cloud manager. I get a message"Roland cloud services unavailable,Try again later.
I got that a couple of times, but I just kept trying and it eventually succeeded.

You can just download RCM directly from the site, but you can't update your current version with the new one unless you uninstall the current one first. I don't know what that will screw up, so it may be worth just trying to update it from within the software.

Steve
Thanks Steve, I was able to Download the XV 5080 though,Weird !!

That's how it went for me, too.

Steve

Return to “Instruments”