Bazille - most misunderstood synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

Bodhisan wrote: If you can't make Zebra shine...good luck with Bazille.
I may pretty much suck at sound design myself. But I never heard any sound made by anybody else in Zebra which made me say "wow". Many good or passable sounds, but great ones - few if any. In Bazille even some of the factory presets are astonishing in my book.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Bodhisan wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I think there may just be a misunderstanding about just how misunderstood Bazille really is.

Out of my 34 libraries, Bazille is my 8th best selling one.

Yeah, that's one real misunderstood synth.
But Wags...people buy patches because they don't build their own. Your customers are musicians who don't understand synths - or in the very least, they know how to fiddle with the cutoff and an lfo.
Mh... i always thought people who buy soundsets rather simply want to make music, and are not very experienced, or skilled in sound design. But i have big doubts that they "don't understand synths". In fact, i think they are looking for well tailored sounds, which they have to hardly adjust to make them fit into their music.

Saukar30 wrote:Wags... sometimes musicians just want weird stuff. If you have a Sylenth or Spire... most of those sounds usually tend to sound the same. By getting Bazille, you know that you will have something bizzare. We search for that bizarre shit even if we don't understand how it comes to be. Sometimes understanding just takes the fun out of the journey.
So in other words, people buy it because they don't understand it but like the way it sounds, for whatever reason, and then look for libraries because they want more sounds and can't make them themselves.

Is that about the size of it?

wagtunes wrote:I mean who is NOT buying this synth that makes it so misunderstood?
The question is, why are so many people selling it? I'm proposing it's simply because they don't know how to work it.

And let me make something perfectly clear. It absolutely stuns me that out of all my libraries, Bazille is my 8th best seller and Softube Modular is my 5th best seller. Now that is a synth I'd figure very few people would even get as not a lot of people are into modular synths as opposed to something like a Sylenth1, Spire or even a Hive or Diva. That totally stuns the hell out of me. And this is a synth without an internal browser that, on certain DAWs, won't even load 3rd party sounds.

wagtunes wrote:
Saukar30 wrote:Wags... sometimes musicians just want weird stuff. If you have a Sylenth or Spire... most of those sounds usually tend to sound the same. By getting Bazille, you know that you will have something bizzare. We search for that bizarre shit even if we don't understand how it comes to be. Sometimes understanding just takes the fun out of the journey.
So in other words, people buy it because they don't understand it but like the way it sounds, for whatever reason, and then look for libraries because they want more sounds and can't make them themselves.

No

Bodhisan wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I mean who is NOT buying this synth that makes it so misunderstood?
The question is, why are so many people selling it? I'm proposing it's simply because they don't know how to work it.
A lot of assumptions based on not a whole lot of evidence.

aMUSEd wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

No
Then please enlighten me since I seem to be so clueless.

wagtunes wrote:And let me make something perfectly clear. It absolutely stuns me that out of all my libraries, Bazille is my 8th best seller and Softube Modular is my 5th best seller. Now that is a synth I'd figure very few people would even get as not a lot of people are into modular synths as opposed to something like a Sylenth1, Spire or even a Hive or Diva. That totally stuns the hell out of me. And this is a synth without an internal browser that, on certain DAWs, won't even load 3rd party sounds.
It's logical, people buy such synths because they are impressed, thinking they will get into it, then they find out it is too complicated or time-consuming, so they look for sound banks...

I think the answer is quite simple: It's a u-he synth. There are thousands of users (I don't know... 5k? 6k?). Not as many as some other companies claim for their flagship products, but then I'd take those numbers with a large grain of salt. Therefore Bazille has a pretty large market for soundsets. Also, when there's a lot of people who own a product with good second hand value, people sell it.

In other words, the second hand market is in no way an indicator as to how well liked/understood a product is. It might just be liked so much that a lot of people have it, and then some sell it. Or it might never have sold much and everyone wants to get rid of their copy. I don't think latter is what Bazille is.

wagtunes wrote:
Bodhisan wrote:
A lot of assumptions based on not a whole lot of evidence.
Lol, you're all hung up on the word "misunderstood." Let me retract that word and make it invisible, as you're not really contributing to this thread - but I like you because you were the first person to help me on this forum. :ud: Why do you think it seems (and maybe my perception is wrong) that Bazille is often in the market place - and really cheap, compared to the resell values of Hive or Zebra? That's what my query was in the very beginning. I thought it was because people don't understand how to build patches. But what do you think the reason might be?

Urs wrote:
fmr wrote: I am seeing several Zebras in the market too, lately :shrug:
They'll bite their own ass soon enough :evil: :clown:
:hihi:

Bazille has some great rhythmic sounds.
I like the plunk, plink, ping, sequence type tones it makes.
Hope I can devote more time to learning it in the future.
I like the cords all around, and trying out some things, and hearing something I was not expecting to hear when playing around.
Unfortunately Hive came out, and distracted me away from it.
I'll have to get back to it at some point.

Bazille is great, I don't have that one myself but have demoed it before. You really can't go wrong with a u-he synth. 8)

Examigan wrote:
Urs wrote:
fmr wrote: I am seeing several Zebras in the market too, lately :shrug:
They'll bite their own ass soon enough :evil: :clown:
:hihi:
The new GUI?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”