Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

fmr wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:I'm not sure if I'll get it. I need another sampler/synth like I need a hole in the head... :D
:lol: I know... But you will certainly buy it... "Resistance is futile" :borg: :hihi:
Probably not considering I've just plopped down over 2000€ for a new audio interface (RME UFX+) :)

I would think anybody buying HALion 5 or HS2 now got free upgrade to H6 and HS3, but the webpage doesn't say anything about a grace period?

wagtunes wrote: I don't recall Steinberg ever running a sale on anything. So I'm certainly not going to hold my breath on this one.
I've picked up pretty much every Steinberg instrument at ridiculous sale prices in recent years. I don't think I have paid full price for anything yet (Padshop Pro, Retrologue, Groove Agent 4, Halion Sonic (+all the libraries like Dark Planet etc) GA4 expansions). Exceptional value! :tu:

jacqueslacouth wrote:
wagtunes wrote: I don't recall Steinberg ever running a sale on anything. So I'm certainly not going to hold my breath on this one.
I've picked up pretty much every Steinberg instrument at ridiculous sale prices in recent years. I don't think I have paid full price for anything yet (Padshop Pro, Retrologue, Groove Agent 4, Halion Sonic (+all the libraries like Dark Planet etc) GA4 expansions). Exceptional value! :tu:
Okay, so you want to let me in on your secret?

Numanoid wrote:I would think anybody buying HALion 5 or HS2 now got free upgrade to H6 and HS3, but the webpage doesn't say anything about a grace period?
Typically, the grace period starts at least after the public announcement, sometimes even with one or two weeks before added. The launch date will be in 3 of February, so, I'd say that's pretty safe to consider that we are now inside the grace period.
Fernando (FMR)

wagtunes wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:
Okay, so you want to let me in on your secret?
Honestly? No secret, just got them at the right time. I wasn't specifically waiting for them, but when they came up at a good price, I jumped on them. Pretty sure they were all direct from Steinberg too. No 3rd parties.

FYI: The wavetable editor is second to none, very detailed and with lots of clever things like
- automatic pitch detection and correction,
- drawing odd and even harmonics and phase separately,
- editing the harmonics for a multi selection of waves, thus emphasizing different formant characteristics
- 256 spectral wave slots
- You can undock the wavetable editor to full screen mode
- and sounds awesome. Too addictive actually...

Falcon is still ahead of the game in terms of modulation possibilites, but the wavetable implementation is the deepest here...
Last edited by tripleflows on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:I would think anybody buying HALion 5 or HS2 now got free upgrade to H6 and HS3, but the webpage doesn't say anything about a grace period?
Their press release says "after 29th December 2016".

jacqueslacouth wrote:Honestly? No secret, just got them at the right time. I wasn't specifically waiting for them, but when they came up at a good price, I jumped on them. Pretty sure they were all direct from Steinberg too. No 3rd parties.
Yeah, they do pretty good Valentines Day weekend sale, 50% off most of their gear.

So save up some money for Feb 14 ;)

PAK wrote:
Their press release says "after 29th December 2016".
Well, that is excellent :)

Anybody wanting HALion can then just buy H5 now and know they will get H6 for free next month

tripleflows wrote:FYI: The wavetable editor is second to none, very detailed and with lots of clever things like
- automatic pitch detection and correction,
- drawing odd and even harmonics and phase separately,
- editing the harmonics for a multi selection of waves, thus emphasizing different formant characteristics
- 256 spectral wave slots
- You can undock the wavetable editor to full screen mode
- and sounds awesome. Too addictive actually...

Falcon is still ahead of the game in terms of modulation possibilites, but the wavetable implementation is the deepest here...
So, you seem to have had hands-on. How about the sample/wave editor?
Last edited by fmr on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

They're probably not going to put the product which gets released in the same month on a sale, so I wouldn't hold my breath for it :)

aumordia wrote:... Curious to see what EvilDragon thinks when/if he gets his hands on it...
Please don't give hime an idea! Steinberg forum still is one of the rare "ED" free zones, thank goodness, and I hope it stays like that. If you ever have been on Reaper and Kontakt forums, you'll know what I mean...

HALion sale history:

2016-04 Halion5/HalionSonic2 Updates/Upgrades -50%
2016-02 Valentine Sale: Halion5 -50%
2015-11 Black Friday: HALion Sonic 2 150,- HALionSymphonicOrchestra 60,-
2015-03 Spring Offer: HALionSonic2/HALion5 Upgrade/Update -30%
2015-02 Valentine Sale: Halion5 199,-
2014-02 Valentine Sale: activate Trials -50% (HalionSonic2 99,- PadshopPro 40,- HALionSymphonicOrchestra 50,-)

So you really hate me that much, eh? :hihi:
Last edited by EvilDragon on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”