Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

wagtunes wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
wagtunes wrote:On initial release, does Steinberg usually or never offer a reduced price?
They usually do grace periods if you purchase previous version in the vicinity of the newer version release. Then you get the newer version for free.
Ah okay, so if you are a first time buyer and don't have HALion 5 at all, you're paying full price. Or, IOW, they just don't run sales.

Got it.
Well, if you have another sample player, such as Kontakt, you qualify for the cross-grade price, which is about $250 US.

The key insight is obviously the VM but then again... I don't fetishize deprecated .dll's the way some kvrians do, so it is perhaps understandable if this suggestion triggers diaper filling.
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

Hi all,

The full trial version is now available for download:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/s ... alion.html

The H6 is compatible with all VST 3, VST 2, AU and AAX host applications and does not require an USB-eLicenser.

And the free HALion Sonic SE 3 is also available from today:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/landing_pa ... _free.html

Greetings from Hamburg,
Matthias
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager | Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

T-CM11 wrote: Where did you read "new computer" in that quote?
I assume that's what's being suggested here :
aumordia wrote:Build a powerful 64bit system
aumordia wrote:If you consider your current system "a powerful 64bit system", then you've already "built" it. :wink:
Indeed, so do you know how I can run Halion 5 and 6 simultaneously on that computer, other than by using VM?

MatthiasQ wrote:Hi all,

The full trial version is now available for download:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/s ... alion.html

The H6 is compatible with all VST 3, VST 2, AU and AAX host applications and does not require an USB-eLicenser.

And the free HALion Sonic SE 3 is also available from today:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/landing_pa ... _free.html

Greetings from Hamburg,
Matthias
Awesome :D Can patches be saved and recalled?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I would be surprised if it didn't.
SB;s demos are usually 100% functional but time limited (that is at some point the demo license will expire)

rsp
sound sculptist

28 Gigs!! WOW!!!

This will take some time :hihi:

I wish they would provide a light version to try out... :ud:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

monomaker wrote: Indeed, so do you know how I can run Halion 5 and 6 simultaneously on that computer, other than by using VM?
If your H6 license allows you to run H5... (don't know if that's solved yet)
-> Purchase jbridge & run H6 bridged in 32 bit Cubase
or
(If the above doesn't work well for some reason) Run H6 (=64 bit) (is fully compatible with H5 files) in 64 bit cubase + bridge your other 32 bit only plugins using jbridge.

No?
Last edited by T-CM11 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

T-CM11 wrote: (If the above doesn't work well for some reason) Run H5 & H6 both 64 bit in 64 bit cubase + bridge your other 32 bit only plugins using jbridge

No?
Why would he need to run H5 and H6 64-bit both in Cubase 64-bit? This is the scenario where H5 will not be necessary, since H6 is fully compatible with H5 files. Or am I missing something?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
T-CM11 wrote: (If the above doesn't work well for some reason) Run H5 & H6 both 64 bit in 64 bit cubase + bridge your other 32 bit only plugins using jbridge

No?
Why would he need to run H5 and H6 64-bit both in Cubase 64-bit? This is the scenario where H5 will not be necessary, since H6 is fully compatible with H5 files. Or am I missing something?
I'll correct it. :tu:

These are the times when I wish there was a box version available. Would have never bought Omnisphere had I not been able to get it boxed. I mean some of these downloads are a bit extreme.

Depends, really. Broadband is not too expensive over here in Croatia, I can download at 5 MB/s, which means 30 gigabytes is downloaded in less than 2 hours... :)

EvilDragon wrote:Depends, really. Broadband is not too expensive over here in Croatia, I can download at 5 MB/s, which means 30 gigabytes is downloaded in less than 2 hours... :)
For me it's not the expense. It doesn't cost me anything to download. It's the time it takes. I don't know how you're able to download 30 gig so fast. My download speed just tested at 133.92 Mbps. Just recently, I purchased Chris Hein's Solo Violin. It was 4 files of 2 gig each. Each file took me a half hour to download. That's 2 hours to download 8 gig. So a 30 gig file would take me about 8 hours.

Yeah, no thanks.

wagtunes wrote:These are the times when I wish there was a box version available.
Didn't they send out a survey about that? I wonder if this was the result, or maybe they just decided against the boxed version despite the results...
Anyway... currently I don't mind the big download but I would've liked a boxed version too. :(

wagtunes wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Depends, really. Broadband is not too expensive over here in Croatia, I can download at 5 MB/s, which means 30 gigabytes is downloaded in less than 2 hours... :)
For me it's not the expense. It doesn't cost me anything to download. It's the time it takes. I don't know how you're able to download 30 gig so fast. My download speed just tested at 133.92 Mbps. Just recently, I purchased Chris Hein's Solo Violin. It was 4 files of 2 gig each. Each file took me a half hour to download. That's 2 hours to download 8 gig. So a 30 gig file would take me about 8 hours.

Yeah, no thanks.
133.92 Mbps = 16.6 MB/s * 3600 = +/-60 000 MB/h = +/-60 GB / hour

Return to “Instruments”