One Synth Challenge #97: Fortune Cookie 2012 by HG Fortune (bh9090 wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Taron wrote:almost 10 years at it nowD
I started in december 2010 so close (organizing OSC since mid 2014), Bob might have done more OSCs than me though.

Still...you guys just rock! 8)
It's so fun to listen through the old tracks, too. Would be kind of interesting to put together some best off compilations, too, at some point. I think that would totally be awesome! Hmmm... could be a fun assignment.

Voted for all tracks - nice work everybody!

Voted. Seems that everyone who persevered with FC produced something respectable!

How can you be certain that this synth is gluten-free?

phace wrote:How can you be certain that this synth is gluten-free?
Good point. Contacting this lab now: http://www.elisa-tek.com/gluten-testing-laboratory/

Voted. A lot of fun to listen little yummy cookies...

bjporter wrote:2. Listen to all the amazing tracks of the month , and comment on Soundcloud
Is it an obligation to comment all the tracks? Can the lack of it be a ground for disqualification?

No obligation at all ... but ... people do like to get some comments on their tracks as to what you liked and what you didn't - and also *why* if you feel you want to make a critical comment as well.

I do believe that it's the comments from new pairs of ears which helps everyone improve and up their game.

But, it's up to you whether you comment or not ...

dB

Just think about yourself, what would you like to see as a comment under your track?! As great as constructive comments are, are also affirming ones that may boost your confidence. Over all this time I've developed this funny habit when I feel a bit down, I just go to soundcloud and let all of the wonderful comments boost me back up again. It's a total treat to me. :oops: :hug:

Seems like one should make a point for the constructive ones, but that almost goes without saying. Especially in the beginning, when I first joined the OSC, I did get some key comments for my engineering development that massively pushed me forward!

All in all, comments are precious, whether they are praises or constructive. It does take some maturity, though, to stay on the real side, focus on the music and not on the musician or a silly vendetta. In 15 months it only happened once that someone acted childish and I screwed up a little once myself in a mildly worn down state, hahaha...woops. :oops: ...but, yeah, just think about what you'd enjoy to find under your song! ;)

You don't have to comment at all, but I think that having comments on tracks can help people in various ways (motivation / encouragement, feedback to improve, what didn't work, what worked, etc - ).

vitalker wrote:
bjporter wrote:2. Listen to all the amazing tracks of the month , and comment on Soundcloud
Is it an obligation to comment all the tracks? Can the lack of it be a ground for disqualification?

Ok, thank you all for the comments. I'll keep it in mind.

Btw, it's not my first OSC, but the first one after groups deprecation on Soundcloud. :)

Voted
Good luck to all participants
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

I've finished voting.. for now. :lol: I was really impressed by some tracks and I thought they all had tons of merit. Great job everyone, thanks for participating. It was great to hear your work. :phones:

Voted!
It was fun to make the track (and lot's of pain doing this on macbook, using 64bit Windows and 32bit plugin)
It was fun to listen to all your tracks (wondering, how you could get those amazing sounds from this plugin)
And it was fun to vote!)

Cheers, and good luck to everyone!

Return to “Instruments”