Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

LMAO, nice.

That is going on my wall.

It looks like one particular idea has distilled to the top in the above posts. I'm into heavy coding right now so I'll read it all later today.

But basically I think we will try a fully voluntary system for 2.12 and see what the response is. If it's a reasonably good percentage, say over %50 percent of users, then we will keep it always voluntary. The recommended donation will be a total of $10.00 per year per user, or around $1.00 per release. Also, I still need to read the above posts so I may adjust the plan accordingly.

Admiral Quality's scheme might be worth a try for v3 if you need some financial support right away.

Start working on v3 as a beta with a low upgrade/buy in fee at first. Then, as features are added, increase the price incrementally until you reach a release version.

They did that with Stunning Phaser and I quite like the method. It rewards early adopters/loyal customers and gets you a bit of cash before you release a full blown v3 release version.
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Had this on mind the whole day while looking at the posts in here.....

While my first reaction (some sites before on the beginning of this discussion) was leaning toward the aprooved, easy to handle, understand and follow now this second thought (generated from all these ideas the whole day) may sound crazy at first glance but who knows, I just post it anyway :clown:

Would it be possible to make a REQUEST GROUP BUY ? I am inspired by this unbelievable groupbuys from Andy of course and of course its totally different cause in the first famous one he offered the work from ten years back of devellopment and in the second famous one he kind of made that ten years devellopment in ten weaks it looks like :lol:

But as there is so much going on in here and there is so much develloping going on, so just a s a crazy idea.....lets say 10 bucks to keep it easy to enter.....a list of the next 10 biggest requests/devellopments, all inbetween to main numbers (so lets say from 3 to 4 cause it needs time to be planned), for evry 50 new people joining in one update with a request/devellopment of the list will be made available. If it works over lets say 3 months 500 people will pay 10 bucks, thats 5000, and next main version should be at least co-financed.

Some plus: people who want to support it can of course join in more then one time, on some critical points people maybe more engaged to get "their" request fullfilled.

I am sure there will be lots and lots of "but", but.....ha ha said the :clown:

But.

:D
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Fathom Friday has Started.

24 Hours Only, Midnight to Midnight USA EST, 6/8/18.

:idea: $12.00 :idea:

Just bought into the Sale.

I havn’t even tested the demo, but I can tell you put a lot of thought into this product. I like supporting this kind of development!

Can’t wait to test it out later
:borg:

I didn't find any info about Fathom synth on vi-control.net so I posted some basic info with link to your page and tracklist from OSC. I also posted info about current sale you have today. Hope it is not problem.

Did the cascade filter get renamed?
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

TrojakEW, Way cool, thanks, the Vi-Control site looks very interesting and a great post, much appreceated.

SM, Yes the Cascade filter is still there, it got renamed to Variable Order so it goes along better in appearance with Variable Slope.

Wow, the sale is going great, thanks to our new customers.

When will 2.12 be released?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Only 12 bucks :o awesome sale! :tu:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Created a thread on Gearslutz.

Yes, 2.12 is on its way very soon.

I was hoping to have 2.12 out for this week's sale, but I didn't make it as there is a little bit more to do on the graphics and testing.

But 2.12 will be out soon, next few days. I think people are really going to like it. Increase in CPU efficiency with draft settings. New settings page with deep control over a lot of processor parameters such as interpolation and buffer size. Over 10 different options for panel graphics and choice of 3 dial designs.

A new "Elite" version of Fathom will give you the ability to load your own images for all panel graphics and assign them to different portions of the interface such as the dial bar under-lay image, main panel, graph views, main view etc. Essentially you can create skin your own interface.

RPH, Thanks! I'll check it out. :tu:

Cool, all sounds good.
But did you manage to add colour changing options yet? I think you mentioned you were going to do it. Or will this be in the future?
I like orange and blue on a grey background.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

FathomSynth wrote: But 2.12 will be out soon, next few days. I think people are really going to like it. Increase in CPU efficiency with draft settings. New settings page with deep control over a lot of processor parameters such as interpolation and buffer size.
Great news :hyper: I do find the current cpu usage a little high when I compare it to my other modular synths, KarmaFX Synth Modular and MuTools MUX, so this is for me a very welcome change because I'm pretty sure Fathom will still sound very good in Draft settings :D
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Instruments”