Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Thanks a lot, Ben!

We are waiting for Everett's return with open arms!
ImageImageImageImage :hug: ImageImageImageImage
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Awesome! Big up

If Fathom could reproduce DX7 sounds and also read the DX7 sysex this would be a small step for the developer and a leap for him businesswise. Why?

A.
1. The DX7 has one if not the largest resources of sounds. There are thousands of them and most are public domain.
But the reproduction of the DX7 as a software instrument is not what one expects today.
- FM8 has been stuck for years,
- Dexed is just a simple reproduction, not of capable of microtuning, and it has an ugly user interface.
- DX7 V is a good reproduction, but no microtuning and other possibilities.

2. By combining the unbelievable engine of Fathom with FM (i.e DX7). Fathom will be the software for all out there, when it comes to FM. Period. A must have.

3. But They should also implement the microtuning on a master level. And the microtuning should be accessible to modulation i.e. change in between).

B.
1. Fathom needs a decent copy protection, now.

2. Most users will be paying more for a good plugin. Just give rebates for existing users on updates.
3. Be happy and let the energy flow.
artie fichelle sounds natural

Artie Fichelle wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:38 pm B.
1. Fathom needs a decent copy protection, now.
Yes!
And until then, we are :D
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

Yes, Fathom is back.

KVR has been kind enough to enable our thread.

I've been in contact with the higher ups at KVR and we've agreed that they are willing to give me a second chance here at KVR as a developer provided there is a very sincere commitment on my part to return to the professional behavior that people normally expect of me.

Later today there is going to be a very sincere apology posted here from me to the entire community but I'm just working on the wording so that will be posted in a few hours. In it I will be admitting very openly that I behaved like a complete child in threatening to close the entire project just because a few pirates got a hold of our software.

I am very sorry for that.

Fathom development will continue full force. We are not going to be cancelling the project. In fact the speed changes will be coming out shortly.

Just want to thank all our users for their unbelievable support sent to me through hundreds of emails.

You can all look forward to Fathom getting back on track with it's normal breakneck development as well as it's leader getting back to being a professional developer who treats his users with respect.

You rock :tu:

And please adjust the update price i feel guilty to pay just 5 bucks.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

FathomSynth wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:23 pm Yes, Fathom is back.
Welcome back, human being with feelings :hug:

Truly great news, all around. Glad KVR did their part to combat piracy by maintaining their policies and also acted reasonable when it came to the relationship of a responsive developer.

Humanity rules :clap:

Welcome back sir....please continue..
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

mladi wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:35 pm And please adjust the update price i feel guilty to pay just 5 bucks.
You could buy multiple updates if you wanted to contribute more :wink:

I just bought an update to show my continued support. Glad you are back Everett.

Wonderfull news, maybe there would be a priority now for implementing a non-intrusive copy protection.
I always wondered, that we do not have a serial number backed in and a separate license file. The version which is now on a warez site did not needed to be cracked at all, that certainly is not sufficient. I do like the U-He and Madronalabs methods which seem to be enough as mild protection. Serials which appear on warez sites simply will not get updates any more... And with the extra tricks of Urs, having certain checks happening on a rare date, I like especially. He says, the sales jump up on those days. Understandable, some idiot is working on his track and suddenly it stops working. To finish it, he would need an official version...
The hurdle to become a real customer is so small at the moment, I don't get why people do that at all...
Supporting a developer is as much fun as creating music...

Great i guess
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

courtjestr wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:29 pm
mladi wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:35 pm And please adjust the update price i feel guilty to pay just 5 bucks.

I just bought an update to show my continued support. Glad you are back Everett.
Hehe..i already did. :wink:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Many thanks Mr. KVR Ben!

courtjestr wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:29 pm

No, apparently it's not working, not enough people play the game to pay 5 bucks every update.
Imho, the cheaper rational price is 79€ (could be a promo price before AVX support)
Looking to the U-he products, the price range from 69€ to 199€ (Fathom is closer to the feature of Zebra @199€)
You can have a 69€ synth when you have several products under your belt.
Looking to Synapse audio, Dune3 is 179$
I really hope that you set the right price for Fathom allowing you to make a living :D
Last edited by carrieres on Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”