Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion

twal wrote:Does it do anything rather unique?
It's a filtering monster. The multitude of filter types, the combination of filter per oscillator with different drive options per filter, and then two filters after that with drive, then distortion/lofi before or after. Crazy!!. It's so diverse you can't tell what it sounds like.
Last edited by S0lo on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

twal wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
twal wrote:Diversion (1) on sale now for $89 until July. Wanted to see what you guys think of it. I demoed it a week or so ago and found it to be the best sounding synth overall honestly. I know it's a cpu hog, but anyone like using this regularly? Sound isn't everything, so how is the use is it on the easier end? Does it do anything rather unique?
At that price this may be difficult to pass up. Certainly a programmer's dream.
What about Spectral, are you fan of that
I own it and made a library for it. I like it for it's nice clean sound and the fact that it's very flexible. It's not the easiest synth to program because there's so much you can do with it but it's worth the effort.

It is not the fattest sounding synth ever made if that's what you're looking for. It has a very clean, digital sound that I find fits specific tracks. It's not an all around synth IMO, but it has its niche.

twal wrote:Diversion (1) on sale now for $89 until July. Wanted to see what you guys think of it. I demoed it a week or so ago and found it to be the best sounding synth overall honestly. I know it's a cpu hog, but anyone like using this regularly? Sound isn't everything, so how is the use is it on the easier end? Does it do anything rather unique?
I could very well be in la-la land, but I feel like it's been on sale for $89 for about a year - that said, I love this synth. So many options to get easy, unique tweaks. Hopefully a larger UI is forthcoming. Too, if you put the unison on 2 or 3, it sounds quite thick and not as cpu-hungry as adding more voices.

I just remembered that I had downloaded the demo for this 2 years ago. I pulled it up again and now I remember why I didn't buy it. Nothing to do with the sound, which is fine. Just another train wreck of a GUI that needs to be made variable size. Way too many controls on one screen for the size that it is. The light color doesn't help either.

Shame, but 30 minutes of trying to program this thing and my eyes would start to cross.

Spectral sounds sweet, but not as sweet as Diversion to my ears. if it wasn't for the performance issue i would use it all the time...

How can you see GUI? For me, the first post image is blocked.

The Diversion is good instrument. I use it.

I really like Diversion. I agree that the UI is too small. But I can work with it. A resize would make all the difference.

Funny you should mention Specral - I just bought it and at first was thinking it was a slimmed down Diversion. But then I settled on the of it as being a Synthmaster "expansion". But yes it also reminds me of Diversion.

plexuss wrote:I really like Diversion. I agree that the UI is too small. But I can work with it. A resize would make all the difference.

Funny you should mention Specral - I just bought it and at first was thinking it was a slimmed down Diversion. But then I settled on the of it as being a Synthmaster "expansion". But yes it also reminds me of Diversion.
It's not that the GUI itself is too small. It's that there is too much crap jammed into that space. There are GUIs that I have that are the same size that are no problem to use because there are a quarter of the controls on it. Diversion is like cramming 10 pounds of ham into a 5 pound bag.

I see your point about controls being too small (especially for some monitors), although I have no issues with it. But I love the fact that so much is visible at once. Really speeds up the workflow in my opinion.

inkwarp wrote:Spectral sounds sweet, but not as sweet as Diversion to my ears. if it wasn't for the performance issue i would use it all the time...
So i dont need spectral if I have diversion? Not my main synth but I use it quite often.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Don't quite get the issues with the GUI. It's okey dokey for me.

recursive one wrote:
inkwarp wrote:Spectral sounds sweet, but not as sweet as Diversion to my ears. if it wasn't for the performance issue i would use it all the time...
So i dont need spectral if I have diversion? Not my main synth but I use it quite often.
it's just my opinion, i far prefer diversion, but as mentioned, it can be such a resource hog that i will end up using other synths instead.

The old gui looks better imo.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:The old gui looks better imo.
I think it does look prettier now than before. It's a simple reskin, the layout is the same after all.

Fast and easy to use and I use it on pretty much every song I make.
For big pads I use other synths, mostly because of the cpu usage but if I definitely want to use Diversion on pads, I just bounce it and save the cpu.
Though my 3,4ghz quadcore i5 can handle a whole song made with Diversion.
And how to save those cpu cycles? One way is to reduce the polyphony. If you don't need for example 16 voice polyphony, reduce it to 4-6 or something..

Return to “Instruments”