Ribs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It works fine in Ableton Live here... No unusual setup, just 1 audio + 1 midi track and
you're good to go.

-Cheers

1eqinfinity wrote:
brijawi wrote:Hi,

I have Ribs working in Ableton Live with two tracks. The settings are below and in the attached screenshot. Note that there is also a third track to record the inspired results :).

1. Source track with MIDI and audio, with 'Audio To' set to the Ribs track and 'Input 3/Input 4-Ribs x64'.
2. Ribs track, with 'MIDI From' set to the source track and 'Monitor' set to 'In'.
Is it working?

Yes, it's working; I was just providing my setup for those curious. Thanks for sharing this neat device!

I've just register to say I tried the settings posted above and can't get any sound out of ribs in Ableton Live. Any advice?

Here's another screen cap from Live, maybe it will help to see whats going on.
Synth on the far right is the audio source, midi track is the midi source,
both directed at the audio track containing RIBS.

Just another way to do it, essentially the same though...

-Cheers

pekbro wrote:Here's another screen cap from Live, maybe it will help to see whats going on.
Synth on the far right is the audio source, midi track is the midi source,
both directed at the audio track containing RIBS.

Just another way to do it, essentially the same though...

-Cheers
Thanks! Now I managed to get some sound out of Ribs.

hi, im confused, why not AU version? I will like pay for it.. cause this plugin is phantastic. MUCH better than fracture sound granulate 2. or steinberg padshop or max4live granulator 2.

Hello guys!
Firstly, pekbro, huge thanks for support of Ableton users.
Secondly, I've added AU to my to do list, I'll come back to the development in mid August.

1eqinfinity wrote:
Secondly, I've added AU to my to do list, I'll come back to the development in mid August.
:party:

I'd personally be just as fine with a Mac VST version as an AU if that's any less hassle.

I think I'll put some time into learning this. It looks really interesting and I hope the dev comes back to it in mid August (Here we are!). I created a gist on github with the most helpful notes from the posts all in one place. As/if I manage to learn, I'll put my notes in the gist.
my experimental improv duo, rreplay.
more of my music
occasional experimental sound blog all things vst, guitar synth, and more.
The Digital Guitarist.

in case you can't see the link, it is https://gist.github.com/rcrath/b1d2b8db ... 7ab3273e6c
more of my music
The Digital Guitarist.

Yes, I'm back and scratching my head already.
Suddenly I was invited to the Synthposium festival to present Ribs next weekend in Moscow. So if anyone of you is there, we can meet in person :)

nice. congrats! Maybe you will meet http://www.warmplace.ru/about.php who also makes cool synths and Igor Vasiliev the guy who does fieldscaper, etc ios apps?
more of my music
The Digital Guitarist.

anyone know how to set this up in fl? (fl 12)

rcrath wrote:nice. congrats! Maybe you will meet http://www.warmplace.ru/about.php who also makes cool synths and Igor Vasiliev the guy who does fieldscaper, etc ios apps?
Ah, yes, I know these guys, but not in person. Maybe, we'll see.

Return to “Instruments”