Anyone still use Metasynth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got the DVD but the files are aliases on it, too:

However, if you search for those names, there are folders full of audio files that match them. Presumably, those are what the aliases are supposed to go to…? As in:

Yes, it must be them.
Thank you!
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Hello,

does anybody have any recent news about a possible update of Metasynth to fix any possible compatibility issue with High Sierra?

No fix news yet. You can always email them and ask for a time frame, they are quite friendly.

http://www.uisoftware.com/PAGES/support.php
:borg:

Thank you very much!

A new version of MetaSynth will be released soon, which will fix these compatibility issues.

Yes. And a compatibility update to Xx was released on 26 Feb.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Metasynth 5 has been released what, 10 years ago or so? In the software world, that's an eternity without significant updates (and it really starts to show & feel :( )

True true. Metasynth 6 will have an updated audio engine, and I hope it also has a modern GUI and cutting-edge features!
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote:True true. Metasynth 6 will have an updated audio engine, and I hope it also has a modern GUI and cutting-edge features!
Yep! My hopes are in the same place as yours mate. Cause I really love(ed) Metasynth over the last 10 years. It's an amazing and truly creative & unique piece of software, but in the past few years with all new powerful plugins & software available now especially in the granular synthesis field and spectral/FFT manipulations, there's nothing much left Metasynth can do that plugins or software can't nowadays. It still have a few secret moves in its pocket but generally I feel it's been surpassed and beaten on many levels.

I'll stay an avid Metasynth fan though and will jump without hesitation on the update and open my wallet if there's a major update (Metasynth 6!) with a massive sound ngine and tools revamp. Crossed fingers :pray:
Last edited by Neon Breath on Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Michael L wrote:True true. Metasynth 6 will have an updated audio engine, and I hope it also has a modern GUI and cutting-edge features!
Honestly I'll be surprised if a Metasynth 6 is released. At this point they are long overdue with various OSX compatibility bug fixes.

It's really a one man programmer behind the monster that is Metasynth, and I can imagine that it is no small feat to program it.

Eric has been busy working on his 3D programs. But Edward emailed that M6 will be released within a week. M5 had six pages of new features & fixes, so along with Neon Breath I hope MetaSynth raises the bar again.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Edward emailed this on the 22nd of last month-
We will have MetaSynth 6.0 out soon. We are tackling the last couple of bugs and should have it out very soon.

Super curious! :love:

Neon Breath wrote:
Yep! My hopes are in the same place as yours mate. Cause I really love(ed) Metasynth over the last 10 years. It's an amazing and truly creative & unique piece of software, but in the past few years with all new powerful plugins & software available now especially in the granular synthesis field and spectral/FFT manipulations, there's nothing much left Metasynth can do that plugins or software can't nowadays. It still have a few secret moves in its pocket but generally I feel it's been surpassed and beaten on many levels.

I'll stay an avid Metasynth fan though and will jump without hesitation on the update and open my wallet if there's a major update (Metasynth 6!) with a massive sound ngine and tools revamp. Crossed fingers :pray:

I'd love to see a really accurate spectral filter mode for the Filter room. As it is, it's just a very precise bandpass filter which isn't bad, but I think it could really be awesome if it did spectral filtering.

Another thing I'd like to see is an additive resynthesis Wavetable system similar to Zebras that lets you load in your own waveforms for the Image synth.

Last but not least I'd love to see a Room dedicated to Granular synthesis effects.

If they updated with those features it would feel pretty next-gen to me.

Peek at Metasynth 6, probably beta-tested by Richard Devine... I guess.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/973353954955485184
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYILo3pUMAEbCRc.jpg

Return to “Instruments”