Favorite Synth to Program

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

progtronic wrote:Massive.. still.
Oh yes me too! Massive is still my favourite to program. Yesterday I was playing around with filters, modulations ..etc with my synths for all night ( I like all of them! :hihi: ), and the most I liked to stay with were:

1. Massive (What a pleasure to play with!)

2. MS-20 (in spite of the damned scrolling)
3. Mono/Poly (still with the tiny GUI)
4. Absynth (I return to my love for it! I was surprised how I miss this great synth!)
5. Largo (This one has a character that screams "I am unique"!

Of course Diva, Reaktor and other synths are great and might be sonically better, but I found the above are the most interesting (all together in a song) for me, and I believe this is what counts in the end :D

I have massive and I like it a lot, but I hate editing the envelope stages.

Best for me, and an oldie but goldie, is synthepolis nrg-a. I love programming it.
Could do with someone making a 1:1 64 bit replacement, though. Change the gui a bit, and get some decent delay and reverb algorithms in there, and I'd be in synth heaven.

Thorn

VCVRack / Softube Modular

Xhip 8.

How the f**k did I missed this synth?

Gonna give me a :dog: myself for this.

Really cool synth.

Well, time to fry my cpu with it's 16 voice unison...

:hihi:

Beside P900 and Repro after the latest update (beta) i would say also Zebra 2.8 since the GUI now makes much more fun to use and it clicked finally with me.....after years :D
These are my top 3 in terms of joy to use, fast program and also at the same time my favorite sounds i get out of it (especially since Zebra got that nice wavefolder).
There would be some iOS synths as well but i doubt people want to hear it here (again).

After so many years I still love to program ... V-Station :) I don't know if it's a nostalgy (first digital synth that I learnt) or good looking UI and limiting possibilities I like to reach and cross :)

U-He's ACE is still my go to knocking up a quick VA sound.

For more digital stuff Massive & Serum.
Fight Apathy or don't.

repro-5 (and 1)

falcon

matrix-12V

icarus

reaktor 6

Aalto, Beatzille, Phonec 2, Sonigen Modular, VirtualCZ, Zebralette.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

D N A wrote:After so many years I still love to program ... V-Station :) I don't know if it's a nostalgy (first digital synth that I learnt) or good looking UI and limiting possibilities I like to reach and cross :)
Yeah, I just installed the 64 bit version and in half-an-hour I've already knocked up half-a-dozen sounds that will be perfect to replace some of my old 32 bit SE plugins. One of them is a sound that I've tried to replicate before (really old instrument I wanted to retire) but couldn't. V-Station has nailed it in about three minutes and without having to use external effects. It sounds fantastic, absolutely massive when you need it to be, yet it's so simple to program from its single page GUI (except for effects). It's a synth I'm sure I'll be using a lot now that my palette is severely restricted by what I can run with a 64 bit host.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Its interesting to see such a broad range of preferences here.
Just goes to show, its a matter of taste.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

1. Alchemy (1.55.0);

2. Aalto;
3. ACE;
4. Spire;
5. Bazille.

1) Massive
2) Synth1
3) FM8

zebra
cypher
rapid