New wavetable synth - Sektor by Initial Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sektor

Bought Sektor for 14 euro - modern synth,haven't start to explore it yet,but made few simple trance presets and found it useful,here is my thoughts so far about it if you are beginner designer or advanced user:
1.Flexible wt oscillators - you can modulate and morph them easy.
2.Decent filters - as filter lover decent is good.
3.Nice fx section - everything is ok,no annoying weird or useless fx.
Can't compare it with other synths cuz don't know it deeply yet,but with 90% discount is candy :)
Conclusion:for 14 euro is no brain deal,super easy and nice to work with synth,multi usage,plan to do set for it,when finish other projects.
Cheers :)

db3 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:51 am If anyone's looking for Sektor it's now $14.99 at ADSR.
https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/software/sektor/
If you missed it, here is your second chance!
바보

db3 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:51 am If anyone's looking for Sektor it's now $14.99 at ADSR.
https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/software/sektor/
Thanks ! Off to purchase....... 8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Jbravo wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:55 am if the unique character is "here's a tune I just made on my computer" then yes it's handy for that :lol:

(personally I do everything to avoid that sound)
I do everything I can to use that sound. Computers sound so much better than hardware....and around we go......... :wheee:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

WTF ? I purchased from the ADSR Sounds link no problem but when I went to download on my internet computer I had to download and install "MegaSync" and create an account and verify that account and sign into that account twice just to download a file less than 4 gigs in size ? This system has gladly handled larger files.

Is it because my internet computer isn't well spec'd or did anyone else have to do this as well ? MegaSync now resides in my system tray and I'm sure will want to load at startup if I don't uninstall it.

Anyway that's why I have a separate computer to download things on so I don't clog my studio computer with crap like this. I'm transferring the install file via USB stick and hopefully the authorization will not be as convoluted.

If everyone is going to get stuck with MegaSync I can't recommend buying from ADSRsounds at least at this point. Maybe I'll change my mind when (if) I get Sektor installed and authorized.

EDIT: OK install and authorization was relatively painless for C/R and that was due to Initial Audio. I can't at this point recommend buying from ADSR unless you need to save $15 over buying directly from Initial Audio. I guess it was worth the savings but now I've got to clean up and delete all that MegaSync bloatware on this system.

Ok off to enjoy Sektor. The first thing that jumps out to me is the GUI. Fully resizable and it allows you to customize the colors to taste which makes for a comfortable work environment. :tu:

Jbravo wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:55 am if the unique character is "here's a tune I just made on my computer" then yes it's handy for that :lol:
What does that even mean? Personally, I am extremely proud to be making music on my computer and if that shows in the results, I am very happy with that, too. Because electronic music that you can definitely tell wasn't made on a computer is easy to pick because it generally sounds awful.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

The latest update doesn't include vst3?

Just had a listen to komosa.bandcamp.com. If that is you then I think you need to try harder.

P.S. It is not that I didn't like what I heard. It is just that it sounded like a computer was very much involved in the production of the music.

What I mean is that there are lot of sounds and qualities in this synth which I never hear in professional recordings from established artists, even though they are very likely are made on a computer, but I do hear a lot of sounds which people would use in their "my first tune which I made on my computer" tracks - really weak farty, rubbery sounds fattened up with lots of chorus, etc, and which I would never use. If you like that sound, crack on but personally I think it s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶p̶ has a distinct quality which I find very offputting
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Yeah, I think that's what I described as the "digital" quality of a lot of the sounds, more late 80s than late 70s. More DW8000 or Poly800 than Minimoog or CS80. So depending on which "established artists" you listen to, you might get a very different result from a comparison.

What I like is a variety of sounds, not 20 VSTi that all do the same stuff and make you sound like every wannabe loser out there who is trying to emulate successful artists because they think that's all they need to do to be successful themselves. And let's be honest, every synth is packed full of presets that match your description, the trick is not to (over)use them. Listening to some of your stuff on Bandcamp, I think it is very likely you and I listen to very different presets when assessing an instrument.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Jbravo wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:40 pm What I mean is that there are lot of sounds and qualities in this synth which I never hear in professional recordings from established artists, even though they are very likely are made on a computer, but I do hear a lot of sounds which people would use in their "my first tune which I made on my computer" tracks - really weak farty, rubbery sounds fattened up with lots of chorus, etc, and which I would never use. If you like that sound, crack on but personally I think it s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶p̶ has a distinct quality which I find very offputting
How much time did you actually spend with this synth. I hope it was more than choosing a bunch of presets at random to listen to. I just bought VPS Avenger and I could say the same thing about a lot of Avenger presets that I listened to. Many just did not appeal to me but I am not going to judge the whole synth based on the presets I listened to.

If you actually spent some time with Sektor and reached your conclusion then fine, this synth is not for you. No need to devalue other people's experience though.

Colleagues, is it possible in this synthesizer to set the folder with the samples on another disk?

9ice9 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:13 pm Colleagues, is it possible in this synthesizer to set the folder with the samples on another disk?
Update 1.3. Includes

"--Users can now move or install Sektors content to another harddrive instead of being forced to install all content to the main drive."
바보

Yeah, and if you move it to a new location, Sektor will prompt you to re-link it next time you open it.

courtjestr wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:14 am
Jbravo wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:40 pm What I mean is that there are lot of sounds and qualities in this synth which I never hear in professional recordings from established artists, even though they are very likely are made on a computer, but I do hear a lot of sounds which people would use in their "my first tune which I made on my computer" tracks - really weak farty, rubbery sounds fattened up with lots of chorus, etc, and which I would never use. If you like that sound, crack on but personally I think it s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶p̶ has a distinct quality which I find very offputting
How much time did you actually spend with this synth. I hope it was more than choosing a bunch of presets at random to listen to. I just bought VPS Avenger and I could say the same thing about a lot of Avenger presets that I listened to. Many just did not appeal to me but I am not going to judge the whole synth based on the presets I listened to.

If you actually spent some time with Sektor and reached your conclusion then fine, this synth is not for you. No need to devalue other people's experience though.
:clap:

Return to “Instruments”