SEKTOR by Initial Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sektor

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:19 am
Ah_Dziz wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:25 am It worked well on my system. Not enough to buy it though. Haven’t checked it back out since. Sorry.
Could you do polyphonic pitch bend? I can‘t, its bending all the notes as any non MPE...
I could. It didn’t have release velocity. Went with synthmaster 1 instead.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:01 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:19 am
Ah_Dziz wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:25 am It worked well on my system. Not enough to buy it though. Haven’t checked it back out since. Sorry.
Could you do polyphonic pitch bend? I can‘t, its bending all the notes as any non MPE...
I could. It didn’t have release velocity. Went with synthmaster 1 instead.
??? That is strange. It does not do it here and it never did!

Can't say I've been that impressed by Sektor, but it does have its sweet spots, and $14.99 (for next 2 weeks) from Audio Plugin Deals represents great value. https://audioplugin.deals/deal-2/

Really? I quite like it. It has a decent sound and great workflow, which adds up to it being quite useful in a lot of situations.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

For $14.99 might as well. That's less than the cost of a preset pack....

AdvancedFollower wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:03 pm For $14.99 might as well. That's less than the cost of a preset pack....
Indeed. At $14.99, it is a no-brainer purchase. :tu:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

is it possible to get the filters running in serial instead of parallel?

Don't need it, but I bought it for the fun of it. At $15 it was an easy buy considering the demo was good enough.
Played around with the presets, and found most don't seem that usable to a trance producer like myself. But some of the bass sounds were really cool. It is definitely a unique little thing. The UI seemed nice and fast.
One thing I did not like about it is most of the presets seemed distorted to the point of high-pitched squealing. It was easy to hear it jumping around the presets. Although I could tone them down by turning off the EQ or turning down the drive, or even master volume parameters in the synth.
At $15 I wouldn't have paid more, but it seems to be something different to mess around with and maybe get a unique sound out of occasionally. I'd really like to see some professional sound expansions to see if the original preset maker just didn't know what they were doing.

I just picked this up, holy crap talk about a great purchase! The way this is setup is super intuitive, easy to program, total package synth.
Have you tried Vital?

Anyone having problems with Ableton? - I am using 8.4 and sektor seems to be crashing ableton :(
Any work arounds?

spidergod wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:20 am Anyone having problems with Ableton? - I am using 8.4 and sektor seems to be crashing ableton :(
Any work arounds?
What version of Live? What platform, Mac/PC? What version OS? What interface?
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Mathematics wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:42 am
spidergod wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:20 am Anyone having problems with Ableton? - I am using 8.4 and sektor seems to be crashing ableton :(
Any work arounds?
What version of Live? What platform, Mac/PC? What version OS? What interface?
Windows 10
Ableton 8.4.2
VA High Definition Audio MMX/DirectX

Sektor seems to crash Ableton approx 2 to 3 seconds after I open it.
Sektor works fine using desktop standalone.
Other Synths work fine within Ableton.

All very bizarre.

Thanks

"Detune" is frustrating and stupid:

"Requires Oscillator voices to be set to more than 1 voice"

That's great for a single OSC.. but if you want to detune OSC 1 against OSC 2.. you cant. "Pitch" is strictly semitones, so that's not an option. WTAF?! :?

Why completely disable detune in 'Voices: 1.00' mode, instead of just having it affect that one voice?!!

If I'm totally missing something, and there actually is a way to do this.. please let me know.

Anyway.. for $15, still a good deal.

progtronic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:39 am "Detune" is frustrating and stupid:

"Requires Oscillator voices to be set to more than 1 voice"

That's great for a single OSC.. but if you want to detune OSC 1 against OSC 2.. you cant. "Pitch" is strictly semitones, so that's not an option. WTAF?! :?

Why completely disable detune in 'Voices: 1.00' mode, instead of just having it affect that one voice?!!

If I'm totally missing something, and there actually is a way to do this.. please let me know.

Anyway.. for $15, still a good deal.
Might be possible within the mod matrix?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Ok seems to be working in Ableton 10 lite, but not Ableton 8.4.2
Hmm

Return to “Instruments”