64 vs 32 bit FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

use as many bits as you can to make the best music you can make.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Ladies and Gentlemen. The fight you have been waiting for!

:box:
32 Bit

vs.
64 Bit

I've gotta say that 64 bit has the size advantage.

Frantz wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen. The fight you have been waiting for!

32 Bit

vs.
64 Bit

yeah not even remotely in the same weight class!
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

32 Bit

vs.
64 Bit

64bit is a wimp compared to 256bit
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:

32 Bit

vs.
64 Bit

64bit is a wimp compared to 256bit
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

It never ceases to amaze me that if you get a discussion about a specific plugin that is 32 bit only, then all HELL breaks loose. You have Pillsbury Dough boys coming from every angle and fighting to the last breath to berate, destroy, decimate, circumcise, etc. the crap out of the dev for not giving a 64 bit option.

Then you create the most legitimate thread based on (and I literally just took a count) the last 12 yes TWELVE, you idiots, threads where there was this HUGE derailment of 64 bit, MAC, etc. etc. etc.....and people treat it like it is nothing. Memes, emojis, etc.

But no real discussion.

No, we need a thread that has nothing to do with bit rate to derail in order to get a REAL discussion on bit rate.

Idiots. Sorry for the harsh language.

Naw. Idiots.

Dammit. Discuss it HERE for c sake! You do it everywhere else. Please DO IT HERE, SO I DON'T HAVE TO READ IT EVERYWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!

PS- And JBridge is your friend.

thejonsolo wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that if you get a discussion about a specific plugin that is 32 bit only, then all HELL breaks loose. You have Pillsbury Dough boys coming from every angle and fighting to the last breath to berate, destroy, decimate, circumcise, etc. the crap out of the dev for not giving a 64 bit option.

Then you create the most legitimate thread based on (and I literally just took a count) the last 12 yes TWELVE, you idiots, threads where there was this HUGE derailment of 64 bit, MAC, etc. etc. etc.....and people treat it like it is nothing. Memes, emojis, etc.

But no real discussion.

No, we need a thread that has nothing to do with bit rate to derail in order to get a REAL discussion on bit rate.

Idiots. Sorry for the harsh language.

Naw. Idiots.

Dammit. Discuss it HERE for c sake! You do it everywhere else. Please DO IT HERE, SO I DON'T HAVE TO READ IT EVERYWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!

PS- And JBridge is your friend.

huh?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Ok, i'll start. :)

Since 32 bit is only the half of 64 bit the sound is much more worse.
It's logical. :tu:
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Yes, but 64 bit on iLok, is like putting your grandmother in a girdle, all that extra weight needs to be free in order to express itself appropriately.

ATS wrote: huh?
My post was clear.

Every post above mine was joking and spoofing around.

Yet if I were a dev that posted a NEW synth that was 32 bit only, there would be 45 pages in the first day berating me on how I missed the boat with 64 bit.

So this thread gets formed, and none of the ney-sayers show up to discuss their issue with it.

Therefore, yea. Clear. No HUH's were hurt in the making of this post.

:clap: Bits are like Bitcoins, so 64 is better than 32, and 65 is better than 64, and 77 is better than 65!! And 1023 is really GUD!! :hihi:

thejonsolo wrote:
ATS wrote: huh?
My post was clear.

Every post above mine was joking and spoofing around.

Yet if I were a dev that posted a NEW synth that was 32 bit only, there would be 45 pages in the first day berating me on how I missed the boat with 64 bit.

So this thread gets formed, and none of the ney-sayers show up to discuss their issue with it.

Therefore, yea. Clear. No HUH's were hurt in the making of this post.
Because this thread isn't talking about a real synth, it's really just asking to be made fun of really.

I posted this because Hink said the 32/64 debate should be taken to a new thread outside the Korg thread, where some are upset there is no 32 bit version of the Odyssey, and so a debate was derailing talk of the actual plugin. So I made this one. People can be serious if they want, but it looks like people would rather be silly.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Yea I am done.

I use 64 bit exclusively, oh, and JBridge, which works with awesome things like the new Viper, and the old Vanguard.

I will wait for a new thread of a dev who releases a Flowstone product and watch him get harassed again. So sad. So predictable.

Such a predictable crowd. Pathetic. You could discuss it here, but NO. Not you, you predictable crowd. Oh well.

Done.

thejonsolo wrote:Yea I am done.

I use 64 bit exclusively, oh, and JBridge, which works with awesome things like the new Viper, and the old Vanguard.

I will wait for a new thread of a dev who releases a Flowstone product and watch him get harassed again. So sad. So predictable.

Such a predictable crowd. Pathetic. You could discuss it here, but NO. Not you, you predictable crowd. Oh well.

Done.
You know, YOU could discuss it here, but NO, not you, you predictable... oh wait :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”