Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

WasteLand wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:12 am
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:03 am If you have CPU issues close the GUI and reclaim 10 - 20% CPU.

CPU usage is waaaaaaay higher in this version.

A lot of patches that worked previously won't play anymore on my machine :(
indeed closing the GUI helps. it isn't always necessary to have it open. but there is certainly work to be done.
Had to increase my standard buffer size just to get it to play without glitches.
Damn, so much promise.
Its a handicap until I get a new machine, which wont be anytome soon.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:03 am If you have CPU issues close the GUI and reclaim 10 - 20% CPU.

indeed closing the GUI helps. it isn't always necessary to have it open. but there is certainly work to be done.
Closing doesn't help here, still the same high cpu load(win10).

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:17 am

Had to increase my standard buffer size just to get it to play without glitches.
Damn, so much promise.
Its a handicap until I get a new machine, which wont be anytome soon.
i think they will optimize it, it must be some thing... my desktop has i7 6700k, running at 4.4. conservatily overclocked. and has a GPU, that unloads a lot. not everything.
it is now considered old a i7 6700k... but still it handles demanding plugins, even multiple, without freezing, of render offline, or something else.

o well, a new machine will do a lot. but never forget, to optimize it. and sometimes i have lesser problems with my old i7 6700k, than people with faster procs/cores... o well... built in myself.

but this can be the case that it can't play your presets at your old buffer size. it has to be the way around (although, many plugins, demand more, nowadays..).

EDIT: @polac; closing helps, but not a lot in my case. didn't test demanding patches i made, yet. also dabbling around with a new soft synth. and making 2 tracks at the same time... that last thing, don't know if it is the right way...

Another method to save A little CPU with GUI open.

The more of the synth layout visible the higher the cpu.
Eg when zoom is set to fit, the CPU is higher than Zoom at 150%

Zoom in only on the module you want to see and resize the plugin to its smallest window size

polac wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:27 am

Do you have GPU enabled in VM?

popskull wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:25 am Cubase10.5, OSX Catalina - V2 plugin is blacklisted - 'not a plugin ' . so, it can't be forced validated. This wasn't an issue in V1. Anybody else seeing this? Thanks
Has the same issue with Bitwig and Reaper. Standalone is working though. macOS Catalina.

I like the new look of VM and modules and DCO module is fantastic. And different enhancements is very good.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:42 am

i have dedicated graphics card, a nvidia geforce gtx 1060 6gb. which unloads GUI tasks.
openGL on or off, openGL off is worse..

bought buy the 2 new cherry audio bundles. especially one vector patch takes a lot of buffer hit. but sometimes a small patch can perform worse, than a bigger. a very big vector patch was easy for example. sometimes it is the routing that gives a cpu/buffer hit.

WasteLand wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:47 am
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:42 am

i have dedicated graphics card, a nvidia geforce gtx 1060 6gb. which unloads GUI tasks.
openGL on or off, openGL off is worse..

bought buy the 2 new cherry audio bundles. especially one vector patch takes a lot of buffer hit. but sometimes a small patch can perform worse, than a bigger. a very big vector patch was easy for example. sometimes it is the routing that gives a cpu/buffer hit.
Similar to you, Im using an ancient i7 machine I built which includes a graphics card.
GPU off will make it worse as the rendering is then fully handlded by the CPU.

secretkillerofnames wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:01 am On Mojave I'm getting the following error:
"Voltage-Modular-Installer-2.0.13.pkg can’t be installed because its digital signature is invalid."
Worked fine on Windows 10.
I have this issue too. Trying to update/install from within the software.
Also the software download from the website does not work properly for me. No proper install package is downloaded.

FotoxBr wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:30 am
secretkillerofnames wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:01 am On Mojave I'm getting the following error:
"Voltage-Modular-Installer-2.0.13.pkg can’t be installed because its digital signature is invalid."
Also the software download from the website does not work properly for me. No proper install package is downloaded.
I am able to download the package, but I'm getting the same Digital Signature is Invalid error when I try to install it. MacOS 10.15.4 here

Same issue under High Sierra.
Just contacted support to let them know.

knowing cherry audio, they are on it. perhaps i must, as windows user, mention, the bigger cpu usage, to support.

Audio Glitches : Standalone or as a plugin I am getting audio dropouts when moving performance knobs. My video card is a GTX 1650 running 2 monitors.

CPU Spikes - heavy CPU use is noted here and even simple patches are glitchy when hosted in my DAW which is Cubase. I am running a i7 6 core / 12 thread (3930k) machine with all cores locked at 4.2 ghz. Voltage Modular needs an ASIO performance meter.

Optimization Tips and Improvements Needed: I am hoping for some CPU optimizations and tips on how to manage what I think are a graphic card issues. My graphic card is installed without the gaming fluff... just a basic video card driver install.

Vintage Voice is Excellent: That vintage voice is excellent. I have Juno 60 here and this really captures it nicely. The sale price is a great value. I love that the the whole synth is there in Cherry or that you can pull out the filter and the chorus as separate modules. The chorus is very good.

Cherry 2.0 snapshots: (Variations) is fantastic. This is really an amazing application.

FotoxBr wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:30 am
I was now able to download 2.0 using Chrome instead of Safari (I did read about this somewhere). Install was fine now. However, colour schemes have changed in a strange way. CPU load is ridiculous. My advice, do not update yet.
Last edited by FotoxBr on Wed May 20, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”