Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

Dan, thank you for the new fantastic modules!

Whoah, better and better and better !
Thanks
Best
YY

Bought it last night, finally :)
...forgot to change the currency to EUR and "lost" 4 EURs in the process :cry: ...oh well... that's life :P

Now there's enough in Core to consider this a good buy at $99 ...even though, to use VM in Reason I still have to do some workaround'ing :( and that was also weighting on my decision vs price vs features.

Anyway, the fact that I like the direction Cherry Audio is going with Voltage Modular helps a lot about trusting its future while enjoying what's already available.

uh... if only one of the future features involved "upgrading" the Perform section into an actual "Perform Rack" section, with control modules (faders, buttons, knobs, drawbars, switches) coupled with being able to optionally also "hide" main Rack below, this would help evolve the "Synth Building" aspect of Voltage Modular too, IMHO.
Either all of that or simply allow more "Perform" modules to be added in the Perform section... at least that :)
Last edited by Koshdukai on Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nice! VM needs unique selling points compared to VCV to make this attractive as a platform. Poly support is definitely one of those!
The VCV dev has started considering to add something along these lines since months. Nothing concrete though, when - and whether at all - this will happen.
Will believe it when I see it. So kudos for CA to make this real in actually available software!

Now fingers crossed that 3rd party modules will also be adapted (non-poly support is currently holding me back buying these).

Perhaps it might be an idea to deprecate the old single CV cable connections, so everything is consistently poly capable at some point?
If this is supposed to happen then better now - not too many 3rd party modules out yet.

If anyone is interested in the Vult filters I found the creators YouTube channel where he has some excellent videos.

https://youtu.be/bQxLhT4nVqs

^^Interesting! Do not listen with headphones though - ouch...

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:26 pm Nice, so the MPE module should work well with Bitwig :D
Cant wait to try this out! Man i love bitwig. These two are a match made in heaven

Hi everyone,

More news from Cherry Audio. Today we've introduced a new entry-level module package called Voltage Ignite. This $50 module collection includes 45 modules and over 185 presets, and is an ideal way to try Voltage Modular and start experimenting with modular synthesis. Plus, you can upgrade at any time to the full Voltage Core package.

To see what modules are included with Voltage Ignite, and to compare Voltage Ignite to Voltage Core, you can visit our comparison page: https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-modular ... comparison

We've got some cool new modules that will be released within a few days. I'll continue to keep the KVR community informed!

Thanks everyone,
Dan @ Cherry Audio

Nice. I suggested an entry package earlier. And now it's here.
Nice to see you listen so much to your customers.

DavidCarlyon wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:15 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:26 pm Nice, so the MPE module should work well with Bitwig :D
Cant wait to try this out! Man i love bitwig. These two are a match made in heaven
Unless you're on a high-DPI screen, because then it's choppy as hell :(
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

cherryDan wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:04 am Hi everyone,

More news from Cherry Audio. Today we've introduced a new entry-level module package called Voltage Ignite. This $50 module collection includes 45 modules and over 185 presets, and is an ideal way to try Voltage Modular and start experimenting with modular synthesis. Plus, you can upgrade at any time to the full Voltage Core package.

To see what modules are included with Voltage Ignite, and to compare Voltage Ignite to Voltage Core, you can visit our comparison page: https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-modular ... comparison

We've got some cool new modules that will be released within a few days. I'll continue to keep the KVR community informed!

Thanks everyone,
Dan @ Cherry Audio
Thanks for the heads-up/update :tu:

...dang it :scared:, I could've waited just a few weeks more and get that Voltage Ignite instead of the $99 with the drum modules I don't use. Ah well... maybe the advantage of getting Core instead of Ignite is that Core will continue to be expanded and Ignite not as much ?

Another question: Is Voltage Modular being also tested in VST hosting VSTs like NI's Komplete Kontrol, AKAI's VIP, IL's Minihost Modular, Plogue's Bidule, Kushview's Element, etc ?

Been trying to find a solution for Voltage not running on Reason and it crashes while running in all of the above :(

antic604 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:07 am
DavidCarlyon wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:15 pm
Unless you're on a high-DPI screen, because then it's choppy as hell :(

Interesting.....im still using a Slate Raven (need to sell it as im a full time Bitwigger now) and it was fine on that. To be honest it ran a bit smoother than softube if i remember correctly, but it was ages ago that i demo'd softube. But overall i was quite impressed with how smooth it was, also quite light on CPU.

Assigning things to host automation wasnt as much of a drag as i thought....then you can use bitwig modulators too. Too much fun.

Anyone know how long the sale is on for? I kinda wanna pick up this and the softube...is that bad? If i have to choose one, it will be this.

DavidCarlyon wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:28 pmInteresting.....im still using a Slate Raven (need to sell it as im a full time Bitwigger now) and it was fine on that. To be honest it ran a bit smoother than softube if i remember correctly, but it was ages ago that i demo'd softube. But overall i was quite impressed with how smooth it was, also quite light on CPU.
Slate Raven MTi2 is not a high-DPI screen, it's 1080p :(
Music tech enthusiast

DavidCarlyon wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:28 pmAnyone know how long the sale is on for? I kinda wanna pick up this and the softube...is that bad? If i have to choose one, it will be this.
It's called Holiday Sale, so I wouldn't risk it'll still be on after New Years.

If I were to choose, I'd also go Voltage over Softube (and that's what I did, actually).

The base Softube Modular is cheaper, but you actually need to get the extra stuff and just adding the Intellijel and Mutable devices quickly puts it above $300. I also think VM wins in terms of workflow - easy drag & drop of modules with others getting out of their way, multiple in/out sockets, polyphony & MPE.
Music tech enthusiast

Softube Modular is (excluding its horrific UI+UX) basically what I thought Reason would eventually have by now: a poly-modular device for its rack.

VCV is what I thought Softube Modular was going to be, when Softube announced it.

Voltage Modular is what I thought VCV was going to be :)

I have them all (including the VST fork of VCV) plus KarmaFX, Tassman-4, Reaktor, etc.

It's impossible for me to use Softube's Modular, that UI/UX almost gives me a headache though it has those control modules that I'm missing in VM.

The ones I end up using now are KarmaFX (for easy poly modular builds) and Voltage Modular (since having poly modules) and because it's new and as fun/easy/natural to use/explore as any of the above should be.

Just wished VM worked in Reason :( ...so, that's why I end up still using KarmaFX more.

Return to “Instruments”