New 'preset browser' for Softube Modular and Heartbeat

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Heartbeat Softube Modular

sqigls wrote:now there's a f**king market stall attached to my drum machine :(
It's just obnoxious! If companies are gonna start setting up 'shop' on my 'puter, I'ma start chargin' rent :evil:

wagtunes wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:The browser comes as a feature of the current Modular, you dont download anything separate
I would still have to update my Softube which is pointless because the browser they built into it doesn't load fxp or vstpreset files. And since I can already do that through Cubase, I have no need for the update.
You have the "need" to serve your customers. I would do that, if I had customers. Not all of them have Cubase, most probably.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:The browser comes as a feature of the current Modular, you dont download anything separate
I would still have to update my Softube which is pointless because the browser they built into it doesn't load fxp or vstpreset files. And since I can already do that through Cubase, I have no need for the update.
You have the "need" to serve your customers. I would do that, if I had customers. Not all of them have Cubase, most probably.
You're not understanding me. The browser itself doesn't load fxp or vstpreset files. Those are the ONLY formats I can create presets in. So the presets I create would NOT be able to be loaded in the browser. The libraries I have already made (and have no intention of making any others) can NOT be converted to their stupid proprietary format, whatever it is.

I can't explain it any simpler than that.

wagtunes wrote: You're not understanding me. The browser itself doesn't load fxp or vstpreset files. Those are the ONLY formats I can create presets in. So the presets I create would NOT be able to be loaded in the browser. The libraries I have already made (and have no intention of making any others) can NOT be converted to their stupid proprietary format, whatever it is.

It's YOU that do not understand. Again, you are showing your worst face. I'm not saying that you should use the browser to load your presets.

What you need AND SHOULD DO, is supply the presets in the new browser format to your customers. For that, you should load the presets (using whatever method you can use) and save them in the new format. DID YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

Why do you say the libraries can not be converted if you even didn't try? I'm sure they can be converted, as long as the browser can save presets (and it can).
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
wagtunes wrote: You're not understanding me. The browser itself doesn't load fxp or vstpreset files. Those are the ONLY formats I can create presets in. So the presets I create would NOT be able to be loaded in the browser. The libraries I have already made (and have no intention of making any others) can NOT be converted to their stupid proprietary format, whatever it is.

It's YOU that do not understand. Again, you are showing your worst face. I'm not saying that you should use the browser to load your presets.

What you need AND SHOULD DO, is supply the presets in the new browser format to your customers. For that, you should load the presets (using whatever method you can use) and save them in the new format. DID YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

Why do you say the libraries can not be converted if you even didn't try? I'm sure they can be converted, as long as the browser can save presets (and it can).
Until I am told with absolute certainty that MY presets can be loaded and saved in the new format through the new browser, I am NOT wasting my time.

wagtunes wrote: Until I am told with absolute certainty that MY presets can be loaded and saved in the new format through the new browser, I am NOT wasting my time.
So you are expecting that Softube will do YOUR work for you :roll: Right. :borg:

Which part of "the browser uses its own format" did you not understand?
Fernando (FMR)

Oh, and one last thing. Even if it DOES work, there is no f**king way I am sitting there loading in 750 patches one at a time and resaving them. My customers, who have bought the libraries CAN load fxp and vstpreset files. The only people who CAN'T load those files are NOT my customers. They haven't bought the libraries. What I'm going to make from the few extra sales is NOT worth my time to go through that hassle. The damn browser should just be able to load fxp and vstpreset files. End of story.

fmr wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Until I am told with absolute certainty that MY presets can be loaded and saved in the new format through the new browser, I am NOT wasting my time.
So you are expecting that Softube will do YOUR work for you :roll: Right. :borg:

Which part of "the browser uses its own format" did you not understand?
No, I am expecting Softube's stupid ass browser to be able to load standard fxp files that EVERY other synth on the planet can load.

There is NO excuse for the piece of crap that they put out.

^^^^^^^^^
Angry old man...

wagtunes wrote: No, I am expecting Softube's stupid ass browser to be able to load standard fxp files that EVERY other synth on the planet can load.
Oh really? Which synths are able ON THEIR OWN to load FXP and FXB files? I know just a handfull of them. Not certainly "EVERY other synth on the planet".

Anyway, it's your business. Do as you please. :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
wagtunes wrote: No, I am expecting Softube's stupid ass browser to be able to load standard fxp files that EVERY other synth on the planet can load.
Oh really? Which synths are able ON THEIR OWN to load FXP and FXB files? I know just a handfull of them. Not certainly "EVERY other synth on the planet".

Anyway, it's your business. Do as you please. :shrug:
Every other synth, from DAY ONE, I can create a patch, save it, export it, and another person can import it into THEIR synth with NO PROBLEM AT ALL.

That's the difference.

I quite like it actually.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

wagtunes wrote: Every other synth, from DAY ONE, I can create a patch, save it, export it, and another person can import it into THEIR synth with NO PROBLEM AT ALL.
That's not what you said. What you wrote, and I quote, was: "load standard fxp files" - which simply IS NOT TRUE. The vast majority of synths, including the most important ones, don't use that format. Actually, besides Waldorf, I don't remember any others that support that format natively.

We all know they had not a preset browser. But now they do (even if it's not the best one around)
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Every other synth, from DAY ONE, I can create a patch, save it, export it, and another person can import it into THEIR synth with NO PROBLEM AT ALL.
That's not what you said. What you wrote, and I quote, was: "load standard fxp files" - which simply IS NOT TRUE. The vast majority of synths, including the most important ones, don't use that format. Actually, besides Waldorf, I don't remember any others that support that format natively.

We all know they had not a preset browser. But now they do (even if it's not the best one around)
I was just explaining the difference between Softube, upon release, and every other synth I own. We wouldn't be having this conversation if Softube had done what it was supposed to do from the start. When I bought it, I didn't even think to look and see if the presets you saved could actually be loaded into any other Softube system. Had I known what I know now, I would have NEVER bought it. I certainly would have never bothered making a library for it. It wasn't until it was too late that I discovered that the presets I had created wouldn't load into every system. That's why I had to plaster the sales page with warning labels all over it and a download file to test to see if it could be loaded BEFORE purchasing. I never had to go through all this crap with any other synth I've ever made a library for and that's over 60 synths.

Coming out with a browser now that DOESN'T load my presets AS THEY ARE so that prospective customers can buy the library and just load it into THEIR system AS IS doesn't help me one little bit.

If I get enough pre-orders for a proprietary format library, only THEN will I even CONSIDER going through 750 freaking presets one at a time and saving them in a proprietary format.

In other words, it has to be worth my time.

Right now, I don't see that happening.

I encourage everyone to write to them.

If they get enough emails hopefully they wont ignore them.

I for one can't believe they didn't add the ability to save individual presets for drum strips and the effects etc. I'm gonna keep hassling them anyway, maybe we can at least get FXP/FXB support for the 'browser'..?
This is David at the Softube Support. Good to hear from you again, but very sorry to hear that the new preset manager isn't to your liking.

I want you to know that we take all feedback (both the good and the bad) we get seriously, so I'll save your email in our Feedback folder and make sure it gets seen by the team here at the office.

Thanks!
Best regards,
David

Return to “Instruments”