Sylenth1 vs Synthmaster One

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRist
452 posts since 19 Sep, 2017 from Planet Earth

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:23 am

At this poin i can't imagine to have only one of them cuz they are my 'precious' dynamic duo,but in case some of you hesitate just quick tip from me and hope somebody to share opinion too.
Let's just count strong and weak sides to help people - both are high quality professional synths which :
1.Sylenth1 - used in countless songs,proven,reliable,tons of presets an so on,rock...but from designers point it's limited,like 90's synth in 21 century - i like it cuz give me inspiration,it's easy for programing and just sounds amazing,but still you will need another one to complete it if want your composition to be out of the box - if feel comfortable inside popular styles like house,trance,hip hop it's a 'must have' synth.
2.Synthmaster One - highest sound resolution,many nice options for designers,sit very well among other instruments with it's own character ,wavetable options,modern machine,easy to work with,usable in every situation - only problem is that it is new and there is no many soundsets for it,almost nothing to criticize technically but some detail could be better like arp size is too small and so on...
If u have opinion about them please share it.Thanks :)

Distorted Horizon
KVRian
1085 posts since 17 Jan, 2017

Re: Sylenth1 vs Synthmaster One

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:34 am

I have both too..

Sylenth for sound and SM1 for versatility.

If I had to choose one, I'd go for SM1 because.. Well what you said. Sylenth is great workhorse but try to make something modern? It's limited. Though I'd love to see tons of beautiful skins in SM1, just like there's for Sylenth :lol:

dune_rave
KVRian
1141 posts since 23 Jun, 2006 from Hungary

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:35 am

I also like these two. SM One wavetables are so nice.

fisherKing
KVRAF
1721 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:39 am

i have both, but use sylenth1 a lot more. still, both have their uses...
always one plugin short of perfection...

Return to “Instruments”