Aurora FM - New Win(32/64) VSTi FM synthesizer - Introductory pricing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aurora FM

Yes , in mono mode , when played legato
I have no idea if the original dx7 did this , but dexed does .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

RyFi wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:14 am I'm so incredibly busy with other things...
Nice to hear from you :hug:

Not my business but.. What are you cooking? :D

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:48 am Yes , in mono mode , when played legato
I have no idea if the original dx7 did this , but dexed does .
Right, so you're asking for a proper legato mode that switches pitches but keeps running with the same envelope state of the previous note then, I reckon. Let me look into it. I never used to give as much thought to mono/legato playing as I should've but I appreciate it much more now, so I'd like my synth to deliver what would make it more usable and useful if I can.
Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:52 am Nice to hear from you :hug:

Not my business but.. What are you cooking? :D
Hey, same to you! Ugh, I've been working on making my first game. Man, what a stupid idea that was! :ud: It's incredibly fun (the work, not the game...yet) and challenging, but it's a colossal effort. :cry: You doin' well?

Aaaa ok sounds cool :)

Fine I guess.. Staying in quarantine, getting fat :P

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:56 pm Suggestion
It would be great if we had the option for envelopes to not re-trigger ( particularly usefull for bass )
Here it is, my man! New version:
  • New: Mono Legato mode! (Voices: M.Legato) In this mode, when a new note is played legato (while the current one is still held), the envelopes don't restart. When not playing legato, this mode is no different than Mono, ie. the envelopes do restart, just from the amplitudes where the current note left off.
  • Fix: In mono mode, there could be audible ticks from discontinuities if the amplitude scaling differed enough between the notes.
Thanks for the request. This really is functionality I should've had sooner...

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:54 pm Aaaa ok sounds cool :)

Fine I guess.. Staying in quarantine, getting fat :P
:tu:

MAn , you're fast
Awesome !
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:57 am MAn , you're fast
Awesome !
Thanks, but uh, the truth is that it actually only took about 2 hours to add the feature, and then about a week to refactor a bunch of code that I wasn't happy with after looking at it for the first time in about a year..... :oops:

:lol:

Another little update for you lovely people:
  • New: By request, added a level control to the Chorus (actually a dry:wet Mix control). While I was at it, I added 3 slightly different selectable algorithms to the Chorus (1-4, the previously existing algorithm being #2), and also made the new Mix control moddable.
Enjoy!

Thanks for the updates!

Honestly, I had kind of neglected my Aurora a little, but fired it up yesterday after reading this thread and forgot what a nice synth it is. Was coming up with cool sounds very quickly. Thanks again, RyFi!

raiderpdog wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:47 pm Thanks for the updates!

Honestly, I had kind of neglected my Aurora a little, but fired it up yesterday after reading this thread and forgot what a nice synth it is. Was coming up with cool sounds very quickly. Thanks again, RyFi!
That's what I love to hear. Thanks! :tu:

I sometimes forget what a nice synth it is too if I've been away from it for too long, and it's always a delight to re-remind myself just how much it can make nearly infinitely many cool sounds :D .

Pity as I'm on a Mac too...
But an interesting looking synth and love those demo sounds...
Good luck with the Windows version.

Just posted another little update to solve a couple of problems introduced in the previous two versions.
  • Fix: Two problems pertaining to loading of Yamaha 4-op SysExes that were introduced in previous two versions -- nasty click when loading a patch, and mono/poly voice mode not set correctly.

Hemmick Reef wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:19 am Pity as I'm on a Mac too...
But an interesting looking synth and love those demo sounds...
Good luck with the Windows version.
Hey, thanks!

Yeah, it really sucks that I'm not equipped to be able to provide a Mac version. Sorry... :(

So i have to install it first on my system (in the studio) to get the Product ID which is needed for the purchase but what happen when i get a new system? Do i need a new serial or can i use it on another machine without problems?
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

You do need a new license FILE per install, but those are free and never-ending. I will give you licenses to run on a couple of different computers simultaneously. At the very least I will keep sending you license files for the rest of our lives, but it's much more likely that I'll remove the licensing completely at some point much sooner than that.

In short, if you pay for this synth, it's yours and you have nothing to worry about. I'm only stopping theft, NOT hindering paying customers in any way.

Return to “Instruments”