Output - subscription based loop player!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pm
BONES wrote: Right now, on Day 1, there are 14 Lines, each with around 30 Kits, with each kit containing 15 loops. That's well over 6,000 loops. With the promise of "new content every day" it should be more than 8,000 loops by the time you have to starting paying (a kit being the smallest new thing they can add) and you don't think all that is worth $10? Seriously?

Here you go, one gig of free world class loops no subscription, now that's good value :D

https://www.loopmasters.com/users/sign_up?bid=2757

Loopcloud is also free and lets you try any of millions (not 8000, Millions, and available now, not in the future!) of loops tempo synced etc in your DAW free and you can just buy them individually if you want them and and keep forever the ones you want. Saves a LOT of hard drive space! Run them through FX (Momentum, Turnado, Tantra etc if you want that Arcade sound, you can do it whilst you audition for free)

https://www.loopcloud.net/
I love Loopcloud, but it's not even CLOSE to what Arcade can do - and to suggest as such only demonstrates a complete misunderstanding of Arcade's capabilities. Not liking a sub model is fine, but this almost sounds disingenuous.
SLiC wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pm PS- I realy dont want any 'loops' (there are lots of free loops on Outputs site, I have never downloaded them) or even a free loop player with fx (I have Movement), so I am probably not the target audiance..
Ahhhh. well that sums it up then. Never mind! :hihi: :dog:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

SLiC wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:02 pm There are more loops and instruments in the products I own than I will ever use (just checked the folder. ovver 50Gigs, who has the time!)
Yet just a day later you were saying this -
SLiC wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pmHere you go, one gig of free world class loops no subscription, now that's good value :D
Loopcloud is also free and lets you try any of millions (not 8000, Millions, and available now, not in the future!) of loops tempo synced etc in your DAW free and you can just buy them individually if you want them and and keep forever the ones you want.
Does this mean that you don't have the time but the rest of us do?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Oh my Dog! I just discovered a new feature in the last Arcade update that is kind of amazing. If you feed Arcade MIDI notes while you are playing one of the samples, it transposes it up and down without altering the tempo. You have to get your octaves right but it seems to use the root note of the kit as the starting point. e.g. If the kit is in G, then G2 is the root MIDI note and it will transpose up and down from there. Two of the octaves actually play the samples and it's the octaves below those that do the transposing. It works particularly well with the new Nightmare Line, which is full of Gregorian chanting monks and scary choirs and stuff.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:03 am
SLiC wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:02 pm There are more loops and instruments in the products I own than I will ever use (just checked the folder. ovver 50Gigs, who has the time!)
Yet just a day later you were saying this -
SLiC wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pmHere you go, one gig of free world class loops no subscription, now that's good value :D
Loopcloud is also free and lets you try any of millions (not 8000, Millions, and available now, not in the future!) of loops tempo synced etc in your DAW free and you can just buy them individually if you want them and and keep forever the ones you want.
Does this mean that you don't have the time but the rest of us do?
I was proposing loopmaster as a free alternative to Arcade where when you get to keep your loops not rent them, the free loop player also tags all your loops on your hard drive with key, tempo, character, type etc and lets you audition it in your DAW in key and at the right tempo (including loops you haven’t bought that are in the cloud). This is all free...and I prefer it.

I personally didn’t find any use for Arcade at all and found it more restricting than liberating using their loop player (I also own most of the output instruments and movement so have that type of sound covered)

It didn’t work for me (as a concept) but I am glad it works for you (and I am also glad you like your UNO As the last time you were quoting me on KVR was to explain to me why the UNO wasn’t a good buy after I pre ordered one! )
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

BONES wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:37 am Oh my Dog! I just discovered a new feature in the last Arcade update that is kind of amazing. If you feed Arcade MIDI notes while you are playing one of the samples, it transposes it up and down without altering the tempo. You have to get your octaves right but it seems to use the root note of the kit as the starting point. e.g. If the kit is in G, then G2 is the root MIDI note and it will transpose up and down from there. Two of the octaves actually play the samples and it's the octaves below those that do the transposing. It works particularly well with the new Nightmare Line, which is full of Gregorian chanting monks and scary choirs and stuff.
Yeah, this was the “flagship feature” for the 1.1.1 update. You didn’t see the features video when this dropped a few weeks ago? :party:

The Gregorian chants in Nightmare are pretty sweet - I wish they’d do an entire product line of these! Most of the stuff in Hooks didn’t interest me.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Yes, I am also interested to see if anything they develop for Arcade will be 're-used' as an output VST!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:08 am Yes, I am also interested to see if anything they develop for Arcade will be 're-used' as an output VST!
I doubt it - that would make Arcade - their only true VSTi (and only sub) less attractive (technically Arcade is their only VSTi; everything else is either a VST effect or Kontakt library).

What I’d like them to do is add product line content to Arcade that we see in (say for instance) Exhale or Rev. The fact that we can’t resize the GUI/UX for high dpi/resolution displays is my main complaint with Kontakt libraries.

EnochLight wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:49 am
SLiC wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pm
BONES wrote: Right now, on Day 1, there are 14 Lines, each with around 30 Kits, with each kit containing 15 loops. That's well over 6,000 loops. With the promise of "new content every day" it should be more than 8,000 loops by the time you have to starting paying (a kit being the smallest new thing they can add) and you don't think all that is worth $10? Seriously?

Here you go, one gig of free world class loops no subscription, now that's good value :D

Loopcloud is also free and lets you try any of millions (not 8000, Millions, and available now, not in the future!) of loops tempo synced etc in your DAW free and you can just buy them individually if you want them and and keep forever the ones you want. Saves a LOT of hard drive space! Run them through FX (Momentum, Turnado, Tantra etc if you want that Arcade sound, you can do it whilst you audition for free)

https://www.loopcloud.net/
I love Loopcloud, but it's not even CLOSE to what Arcade can do - and to suggest as such only demonstrates a complete misunderstanding of Arcade's capabilities. Not liking a sub model is fine, but this almost sounds disingenuous.
SLiC wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pm PS- I realy dont want any 'loops' (there are lots of free loops on Outputs site, I have never downloaded them) or even a free loop player with fx (I have Movement), so I am probably not the target audiance..
I fully demoed Arcades capabilities and I didn't find anything that Arcade did that I couldn't do in Bitwig with the fx I already have (especially movement) to any sample...but yes, I obviously dont 'get it', it just seems like a standard loop/sample player with fx to me....reminds me a lot of Sugar Bytes Looperator (https://sugar-bytes.de/looperator) and many others....

I would buy the Gregorian stuff if they just sold that as an expansion for Exhale....!

SLiC wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:28 am
EnochLight wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:49 am I love Loopcloud, but it's not even CLOSE to what Arcade can do - and to suggest as such only demonstrates a complete misunderstanding of Arcade's capabilities. Not liking a sub model is fine, but this almost sounds disingenuous.
I fully demoed Arcades capabilities and I didn't find anything that Arcade did that I couldn't do in Bitwig with the fx I already have (especially movement) to any sample...but yes, I obviously dont 'get it', it just seems like a standard loop/sample player with fx to me....reminds me a lot of Sugar Bytes Looperator (https://sugar-bytes.de/looperator) and many others....

I would buy the Gregorian stuff if they just sold that as an expansion for Exhale....!
Well, now you're moving the goal posts of the thread. I was just responding to your suggestion that Loopcloud was somehow a replacement for Arcade (it's not). But using Loopcloud content with another VST like Looperator or building your own instrument and effects chains in Bitwig is an entirely different subject.

But Arcade is about convenient loop content delivery packaged into a feature-packed loop sampler, with frequent updates. I don't want to have to build my own stuff in Bitwig and other VST; I want to click "load" and begin production.

But that's cool, to each their own. :party: :tu:

No worries

I didnt mean to sugest Loopcloud alone was a replacement for Arcade, Its just a sourse of a 'cloud based' loops/sounds you can mangle yourself. The commonality is in the audition/play within a track (in key and tempo) and cloud based delivery. The differnece is you own the loops you buy (no subscription/turn off).

Arcade does what it does well and is very convenient, I have noting against it, I like Output as a company and I wish them well with it; if it was just a free player and then they should the packs individually I would probably have bought a couple, but I don't do loopy stuff enough to subscribe.

SLiC wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:02 amI was proposing loopmaster as a free alternative to Arcade where when you get to keep your loops not rent them
But I get to keep every Arcade loop I use, too, forever. So it's not rental, it's more like a payment plan - buy now, pay later.
the free loop player also tags all your loops on your hard drive with key, tempo, character, type etc and lets you audition it in your DAW in key and at the right tempo (including loops you haven’t bought that are in the cloud). This is all free...and I prefer it.
Meanwhile, Arcade transposes everything to your host tempo so when you load something, it is instantly in time with the piece you have put it into. You never have to know what tempo it was recorded at. That's one of the two things I really like about it - I don't have to go looking for loops that I can fit into what I'm doing, it makes everything fit straight out of the box. It's much more like a sampler than a loop player, while being more than either or both.
I personally didn’t find any use for Arcade at all and found it more restricting than liberating using their loop player (I also own most of the output instruments and movement so have that type of sound covered)
What type of sound? I've got everything from chunky metal guitar riffs to rhythmic raindrops on soft wood. (I just made that last one up, but you know what I mean.) Only a very small part of it works for us but that small part works really, really well because we approach it in a completely different way in Arcade to the way we used to when we just used loops and samples we'd downloaded. It's a workflow thing for me much more than a sound thing. It gets me out of my comfort zone and forces me to try different things.
It didn’t work for me (as a concept) but I am glad it works for you (and I am also glad you like your UNO As the last time you were quoting me on KVR was to explain to me why the UNO wasn’t a good buy after I pre ordered one! )
Honestly, Uno sounded way too good to be true in all the demos I heard so I was very skeptical, but also still very keen to see for myself, just in case it was as good as it seemed. And it turns out that it's probably even better!

EnochLight wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:04 amYou didn’t see the features video when this dropped a few weeks ago? :party:
If people want to communicate this kind of stuff to me, they need to write it out. I hate watching videos, waiting and waiting for the stuff I want/need from it.
The Gregorian chants in Nightmare are pretty sweet - I wish they’d do an entire product line of these! Most of the stuff in Hooks didn’t interest me.
Almost none of the stuff in any of it interests me but you only need 1-2% to have plenty to work with. We're using one or two instances of Arcade in almost every new song at the moment. Most of the good stuff for us is in Obsidian but I can find useful things in pretty much every line. I've put in some nice, chunky guitars from Feedback, for example.

Arcade's two big selling points for me have been the workflow - which feels a lot more creative and less technical than the way we've worked with loops in the past - and the curated content. I feel more like I'm paying Output $10 a month to find good stuff for me so I don't have to spend countless hours finding it for myself, then every couple of weeks I'll spend an hour or so going through the new stuff to see what's there.

I actually canceled my sub for this today as I wasn’t really using it. It’s nice, but having it add 3 gb of ram consumption to my projects along with minor stability problems (much improved since launch) prevented it from being overly useful to me. I actually decided to swap the sub for an SSL native one at $5 more per month.

Really? I've not had any problems at all. It's been super-solid for us. I just checked and it does add about 1.8GB to RAM usage with a kilt loaded, but it's a sample-based instrument so that's hardly unexpected. Although I notice it's almost as much even before I load something. Still, RAM is elastic, thanks to the paging file, so it's not much of an issue.

I've got 16GB of RAM, so its memory use didn't even phase me. My machine is 6+ years old, and if I built a new one today I'd likely have 32 GB of RAM. :party:

Return to “Instruments”