U-HE's Zebralette EVOL-X 200 | Set Extension 2020 Released |

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Irrelevant. It will be a game changer for sure.

I like it and I want it !

Just a heads up to let you know that this project is has been ongoing since I last posted here every day...much of the interface has been revised from how it's been initially shown at scripting level which has been quite a task both design wise and to solve hidden issues with things I missed and didn't know why previously. It's been a bit of what you can call a self education.... Besides this... I've tried to expand the interface interactively, which I have in a simple way but making the leap to make this work beyond this is more of a trial and error type of thing...

Finding the right balance between elements, the alignment and the pattern of them is something I'm happier with now.

The good news is that, I expect to be posting this revised and new GUI for Zebrallete tomorrow for download. :)

( The re-wording was actually accidental, however it is more in keeping with how I actually pronounce it in my head, and being as this is a somewhat different design from the original...I've decided to leave it as it is.. :)
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote:Well it's been over a day since my last post, but just to pick on some points and give an update to what I've been up to in that period with this project...

First off, I've not touched the scripting code and moved anything about, which means that I'm pretty happy with how it is in addition to the restraints I've had to work around to make it look and feel comfortable and organised to use. Without enlarging the actual dimensions of the instrument itself, I wanted the GUI to be more open, maximizing the use of usable space I could use and using what is known as white space to effectively separate elements... Unlike in a program Reaktor, you can't just pick up an object and move it around by hand, and with graphics, it's not quite as easy as adding more graphic elements like separation lines in certain places and thinking that will work in practice as things can show through where you don't want them. GUI glitches can occur whilst selecting menu items that affect any additional labels you've add to the script...This is just a small insight into the design of things, and what I'm continually aware of and discovering over the years.

Speaking of designs, I've currently created and assembled another 40 or so .png template overlay styles that one can select from both in colour and gray scale which should be interesting theme wise.
___

"You not doing this for Zebra? I want that black and purple for my bass synths."

I don't have the paid version of Zebra.. which is Zebra2...which is I'm aware of also available to edit, but as it's not something that I'm able to use, there isn't really any practical benefit to me modifying and creating a new GUI for really. I also have ZebraCM, which I don't use generally. Creating a new GUI design for that is a real possibility in the future, but not right now I don't think.. Bazille, the computer music version I did update but only to remove the CM logo.. and the other free UHE instruments I've not done anything with as of yet.

The latest version of the redesign HIVE, the keyboard section is different from the one in the video I created last year as shown... here.

For the video of the Hive redesign I created.. you can check that out here. :)
There is also a blue sea themed version also but it's not shown.
Nice :tu:

Well...yesterday was when I was expecting to have this out.. but as always seems to be the case with projects like these, you often overestimate the time it takes and discover things or want to polish off things before releasing something.

Both the re-scripted code and the interfaces are finished, and final adjustments also.

Whats left to do is assemble everything, create a diagram of what goes where and upload it to a suitable location for download if it's too big to include as an attachment here.

So, yup..it's almost here. :-)
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

So in a day or two? :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:So in a day or two? :)
Yeah... but less than two... Everything is set to upload....but just before I do, I'm trying to figure out some hacks to additional functionality before I do so and if I can, I'll add that scripting code to it. But in any case, it should be worth the wait from original that was first let loose 6 years ago.. :-)

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:So in a day or two? :)
Yeah... but less than two... Everything is set to upload....but just before I do, I'm trying to figure out some hacks to additional functionality before I do so and if I can, I'll add that scripting code to it. But in any case, it should be worth the wait from original that was first let loose 6 years ago.. :-)
Great :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Looks good but the name is Zebralette, not Zebrallete

Excited for this! Workflow is a big part of the character.

Zebrallete sounds kind of sloppy.

How is the progress with this project ?

Progress is going well, but it's been held up because I've had to redo some work, that being of the typographical nature of the main sets. There is more GUI content from the other set but the newer sets have been updated graphically also. I'll include both set types, but the name thing I'm not bothered with myself...I like the former in any case lol..

I've had to perform some GUI testing and apply some scripting code fixes, which also led to amendments to the graphical elements. That's been done now.

Some of the hacks I've managed to make work, has opened some doors to some interesting changes in the design at script level. It would require me to give the option of two scrips to use as you might prefer one over the other...

The additional GUI's I've started, I might just add to the thread in a few days.... but right now. I'm assembling everything... again.. and doing the presentation stuff, that goes along with it.. and thus working through tonight to do all that.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=492065&p=6902293&hi ... c#p6902293

From the last zebralette osc a lot of people wanted an option for the sync position in the signal flow to be changed. Would that be possible? That complaint was all over the discussion thread if you want to review it.

functionform wrote:viewtopic.php?f=1&t=492065&p=6902293&hi ... c#p6902293

From the last zebralette osc a lot of people wanted an option for the sync position in the signal flow to be changed. Would that be possible? That complaint was all over the discussion thread if you want to review it.
Only UHE will be able to do that as from what you're describing, requires access to the internal code within the core .exe file, which is compiled and encrypted. What I'm doing is at the GUI level which is more of what you can call object based.

Return to “Instruments”