GSI VB3-II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VB3 VB3-II

Dewdman42 wrote:Don't lie to us now Guido.
Oh... so you can't prove your accusations.

Well, all I've done with GSi and Crumar is still on the website, including discontinued products.

What you're blathering about with no reason at all, is the editor for the DMC-122 that also includes "the sound of VB3-II" that works when the controller is connected. Only the sound, not the editing, nothing. And it works only if the DMC-122 is connected because the controllers (drawbars, buttons and knobs) are on the hardware, but the software itself is just a window with no controls over the sound.

The product is here and this is a snapshot of an editor's window with the VB3-II you claim that's been put into a magic wrapper that has turned it into the new VB3-II:

For the record, the editor for the DMC-122 is a 32 bit standalone application built using wxWidgets. At the time I wrote it, I still hadn't learned to use Juce. But you, of course, already know it all... you're an expert, you know how easy it is to rewrite a software with different frameworks, why am I wasting your time trying to explain what you already know better than us all?

if anyone is being offensive now Guido...it is you. My complaint about VB3v1 abandonment still stands...and advanced GUI or not..the simple truth is you moved on to hardware based money making and never came through for mac users of VB3. That is just the simple truth. We can sit here all day long arguing tit for tat and won't make any difference. That is what happened. And now you want hundred damn dollars to get an update that is finally 64bit. that's the gist of the whole thing.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

So you can't refute the evidence he provided, so you backtrack. How typical :D

evidence of what exactly?

He provided evidence of exactly what I pointed out! I don't see it as being in conflict? Maybe some tit for tat wording I'm sure someone will point out the way I said something was incorrect in some way..whatever... please yourself to point it out...but the overall point is the same.
Last edited by Dewdman42 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Of what you stated that VB3-II existed in software form for free with purchase of hardware. It didn't - it was an editor. In fact not even an editor :D

Yea ok I got that. Thanks for the clarification, but the overall point is still exactly the same. You're just tit for tat arguing about minutia and wording which is pointless. He has been continuing his work on organ stuff for years, but in the hardware sales arena, while doing nothing to keep VB3 users alive on the mac. It is what it is man.

Dewdman42 wrote:so say you...now clear that up for me..which part of my complaint do you think is pathetic? Apparently Guido didn't like me pointing out about the fact he was giving away a standalone version of VB3II for quite some time already in the past with his hardware controller, while ignoring VB3v1 users.
Because you're so wrong it hurts. And you're offending him with this bs. So yeah, pathetic.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Dewdman42 wrote:Yea ok I got that. Thanks for the clarification, but the overall point is still exactly the same. You're just tit for tat arguing about minutia and wording which is pointless. He has been continuing his work on organ stuff for years, but in the hardware sales arena, while doing nothing to keep VB3 users alive on the mac. It is what it is man.
And?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

and what? nothing else to say really.... You are upset now because of the way I talked about VB3II in non-gui form going out to his hardware users, while abandoning his v1 users?

EvilDragon wrote:Of what you stated that VB3-II existed in software form for free with purchase of hardware. It didn't - it was an editor. In fact not even an editor :D
To be clear, what Guido has pointed out is that VB3II existed only as sounds, without a GUI...for the hardware controller users... The GUI you see on those pages is for editing the controller, and it had a way to play the new VB3II sounds somehow..using the controller... What it did not have is the GUI we now see in the released plugin. Thanks for the clarification on that Guido!

My complaint is still the same though...after being ignored for so long and having to spend money on 32Lives in order to continue using VB3, I'm annoyed enough about the 75 euros...that it ain't going to happen...and that's that.

Dewdman42 wrote: My complaint is still the same though...after being ignored for so long and having to spend money on 32Lives in order to continue using VB3, I'm annoyed enough about the 75 euros...that it ain't going to happen...and that's that.
So, you just showed up in here to whine; is that about it?

well not at first...actually before I heard 75 euros I said it would be instant buy! hehe. VB3v1 sounds great. I just wanted 64bit.

Love how people turn to personal attacks when they don't like a point of view.. So lame.

Dewdman42 wrote:and what? nothing else to say really.... You are upset now because of the way I talked about VB3II in non-gui form going out to his hardware users, while abandoning his v1 users?
Just stop the bs, man. I'm not upset. Not even a tiny bit.
But what the hell you're so upset about, is still very unclear.

Dewdman42 wrote:well not at first...actually before I heard 75 euros I said it would be instant buy! hehe. VB3v1 sounds great. I just wanted 64bit.

Love how people turn to personal attacks when they don't like a point of view.. So lame.
Dewd-
28 posts to share your dissatisfied view of upgrade price, lack of free update and opinion on Guido's business approach? Got it. Move on ... and enjoy playing great sounding v1. Peace and music.
----------------------
Anyone have more about VB3-II? Meaning the actual product? Demos (esp youtube) would be appreciated.

i only respond to what others direct at me. If people keep trying to discredit me as you just did, then I will respond again and again again. so here is #29

Return to “Instruments”