FXpansion releases Cypher2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher2

Stefken wrote:
ChamomileShark wrote:so how do you install these new skins?
This link should kind of work:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=509331&start=585
thanks Stefken!
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

zvenx wrote: Not sure if that is your issue, but I had a similar issue which was a user error.
It always saves to User Bank..... so if your filters show factory bank and not either USER or NONE it wouldn't show it until you do.
hope that makes sense.
rsp
No, that's not it. I have no filter on the bank/library.
When I go to the file on disk, the name is also erroneously saved that way in the user bank. So it says "default.cypher2" or "(Freeze 07).Cypher2",....
When I change the name of that file, to like "BA FM bass fat.cypher2" (the xml doesn't seem to matter), it is resolved and the correct name is shown in the Cypher 2 browser after deleting and reopening Cypher 2.

Which is what i'm doing now to get my patches saved correctly. :dog:

Also the browser doesn't have a refresh (a FR has been made) for now, close the browser tab and reopen it.
Does that work?
I didn't have issues saving presets... let me try again with what you said.

What am I doing wrong in my repro?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/94majyz3ni96k ... o.mov?dl=0

Sorry that I cut off the left side of Cypher2.

rsp
sound sculptist

Your repro is correct.

I've found the little mistake.
Currently, I do as little actions as possible in the save dialogue because if I click one time too much, everything crashes.
So, it's like with the re-entry of the Apollo 13 :D . One click or switch too much, and you crash and burn. :D

When I selected the title field, I entered the name and right after that I clicked the save button. It seems that the changed title is not committed to the title field then. When i enter the name, and press the enterbutton on the keyboard, the change is committed.

After that, the process is correct.

Bug can be ignored. With a non-crashing save dialog where you don't have to contemplate every click, this won't be an issue.

Glad you got it sorted :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Stefken wrote:Bug: naming of a patch not succesfull when saving a patch
Version: 2.4.9.0

Scenario:
1) Make a patch either from scratch, via randomizer of changing an existing patch.
2) Click the save icon (box with an arrow down) next to the patches dropdown
3) In the dialogue, change the name of the patch e.g. "BA FM bass fat"
4) In the dialogue, click the save button; the dialogue disappears
5) The patch is saved but not with the name you specified but with the name it had when the save dialogue opened (Like when you started from scratch, it will save with name "default"). Both in the browser, the filename on disk and in the xml in the file, the name will show as "default".

6) Funny thing is, when you save another patch as "BA FM bass fat", a dialogue will pop up, stating that this name already exists, asking to overwrite.

The crashing bug on the save dialogue is also still there. I'm starting to feel like I'm walking on eggshells when I want to save a patch.
Could this be resolved please?

Windows 7 SP1 64 bit, I7-4790K ( Intel HD Graphics 4600 on the cpu), 16 GB ram, Ableton Live 10 64 bit

I think you need to hit Enter/Return after entering your text. I got confused by this when trying to change the description of a factory preset I modified.

Edit- Just noticed you already got this sorted
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Im curious to hear some duo and triphonic sounds with mpe if anyone is creating demos.

Here is a duo-phonic sound, the second clip in the demo below (should be cued up - click on the link and not the Soundcloud play button) Although it's not MPE. Still, it's a pleasure to play even on a normal midi keyboard:

https://soundcloud.com/electric-himalay ... emo#t=0:31
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote:Here is a duo-phonic sound, the second clip in the demo below (should be cued up - click on the link and not the Soundcloud play button) Although it's not MPE. Still, it's a pleasure to play even on a normal midi keyboard:

https://soundcloud.com/electric-himalay ... emo#t=0:31
Nice. Are these all factory presets?

I should have been more specific though. I was hoping to hear duo and triphonic where ring mod, fm, sync etc. are being used. Like the classic odyssey screaming sounds.

Yes, these are all factory presets.

A few pages back, I have given an explanation of many presets from this demo, since there is a lot going on in some presets, stuff that is rare (dual hard-sync for example, multiple ring-mods, etc).

BTW, What do you mean by 'triphonic" ? The Arp Odyssey doesn't have a mode called 'triphonic' ?

In the above demo you can hear ring-mod and dual hard sync 'screaming' leads. although these are not duophonic in these examples.

Screaming ring-mod at 1:47min

Stereo. dual hard-sync screaming preset at 2:50min
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

JerGoertz wrote:Am I correct in assuming that most if not all of Electric Himalaya's banks which FXPansion used to sell for Cypher 1 are now included in the factory bank?
Not sure, they appear as addons for me in the Legacy tab, but I think it depends on what you bought before (plus they don't have effects and any new features)

cuttime wrote:
fisherKing wrote:
cuttime wrote:I just DLd the demo version 2.4.9, and the AU version fails to validate on my 10.13.6 Mac in Logic, MainStage, and Digital Performer. VST and standalone are fine. Anyone else seeing this? I look forward to trying this very cool synth. TIA
working here in logic X. have u rebooted? (sorry, had to ask...)
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did, since it now seems to be S.O.P. to do so when installing or updating plugs. I suppose I could trash my validation cache and try again?
Found a solution at VI-Control:
"I had problems with the au version of the update.
It wouldn't open while the vst and aax versions were fine.
Here's the fix from the nice folks at fxpansion;

After quitting Logic
Trash the Au Component
ReInstall Cyber 2
User>Library>Cashe
Trash the AudioUnitCashe Folder
Restart Mac

After you reopen Logic, it has to scan all your plug-ins again.
Worked for me!"

Works for me, too.

Issues with the AU are due to the fact that we removed a (bogus) metadata declaration for a 32-bit AU component. For reasons unknown, this causes Logic to get confused.

For those of you not intimidated by the command line, all you need to do is open Terminal and type:
touch /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components

This should trigger Logic to re-scan plug-ins on startup - if it doesn't, open Logic's AU manager and re-scan Cypher2 in there.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Angus_FX wrote:Issues with the AU are due to the fact that we removed a (bogus) metadata declaration for a 32-bit AU component. For reasons unknown, this causes Logic to get confused.

For those of you not intimidated by the command line, all you need to do is open Terminal and type:
touch /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components

This should trigger Logic to re-scan plug-ins on startup - if it doesn't, open Logic's AU manager and re-scan Cypher2 in there.
good to know, but have not had any issues with the AU in logic X here (knock on aluminum...)

Yes, many don't - it seems to be that on some systems, in specific situations, 64-bit Logic ends up invoking a 32-bit version of "auval" (the Audio Units Validator), which fails on Cypher because there is no 32-bit AU.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Return to “Instruments”