OMNISPHERE 2.5 Slow GUI after update?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

After updating to Omnisphere 2.5, the GUI has become much slower and sluggish.

Win10 64bit, NVIDIA Grafic, Intel Core i5, 8Gb Ram, in the DAW (Cubase, Reaper) or standalone the same problem. With Omnisphere2 I did not have the problem with the same computer configuration.

If I choose a new sound I can already play it but the sound name seems very delayed.

When I move the wheel of my computer mouse, the sound names appear delayed.

The CPU load is max. 40%. The GPU of my Grafig card at max. 5%

Do you have an idea what that can be?

I have already contacted support Spectrasonics. They have no idea.

best regards

Piet
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Someone had a similar issue here. Their issue was they were running Cubase in 8.1 Compatibility mode. Removing that fixed it for them.

Good luck.
rsp
sound sculptist

That seems to be pretty crappy... :dog:

On my system, if I load a new hardware synth profile, Omnisphere takes several seconds (10 or less) for the GUI to update. If I change a preset, there's a slight lag, but maybe 2 seconds.

It was me posting in the other thread about this problem.

For me the stand-alone performance was fine, it was just inside Cubase 9 that the GUI was slow. Other versions of Cubase that were installed ran Omnisphere without any issues.

I narrowed it down to my running Cubase 9 in Windows 8 compatibility mode, which I had enabled a few months ago as Cubase started freezing regularly after Windows 10 update to build 1803.

Once I disabled compatibility mode, Omnisphere 2.5 ran perfectly within Cubase 9. However, the Cubase freezing problem came back with a vengeance. After a very frustrating evening I narrowed the problem down to the graphics driver. Stripping out the GeForce drivers and installing the latest GeForce experience software (leaving everything out but the actual graphics driver) seems to have finally fixed the freezing issue. I was able to leave Cubase playing project back on loop for several hours without a problem where previously if would have frozen within a few bars.

I'm having the exact same problem as you and I just upgraded yesterday. Really frustrating. I went back to 2.0 and it fixed the problem, then reinstalled the update and its broken again. If anyone has a real fix, then let us know.

IMO these problems are not in line with their hefty pricetag.
It‘s really a pity! :dog:

Every software has issues.....
Not all of us have these issues, I am pretty sure the majority don't.
I think between here and gearslutz I have read about four of them, one already solved.
rsp
sound sculptist

Mine is only half solved. It turns out that Cubase is still crashing regularly when not running in compatibility mode. So I have a choice - run Cubase in compatibility mode and have Omnisphere 2.5 behave sluggishly, or run without compatibility mode and have Cubase crash frequently, but have Omnisphere run nicely.

Reading about it, I still believe it is related to graphics hardware and my problems only began when I updated to Windows 10 1803. Compatibility mode apparently forces an older version of DirectX to be used and it would appear that Omnisphere doesn't like that. I've also reproduced the behaviour in the standalone Omnisphere by running that in compatibility mode.

andrew71 wrote:Mine is only half solved. It turns out that Cubase is still crashing regularly when not running in compatibility mode. So I have a choice - run Cubase in compatibility mode and have Omnisphere 2.5 behave sluggishly, or run without compatibility mode and have Cubase crash frequently, but have Omnisphere run nicely.

Reading about it, I still believe it is related to graphics hardware and my problems only began when I updated to Windows 10 1803. Compatibility mode apparently forces an older version of DirectX to be used and it would appear that Omnisphere doesn't like that. I've also reproduced the behaviour in the standalone Omnisphere by running that in compatibility mode.
Right but your issue seems to be related a Cubase issue more than an omnisphere one, no?
Cubase isn't crashing because of omnisphere 2.5 is it?
rsp
sound sculptist

nm
Last edited by Musical Gym on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zvenx wrote:
andrew71 wrote:Mine is only half solved. It turns out that Cubase is still crashing regularly when not running in compatibility mode. So I have a choice - run Cubase in compatibility mode and have Omnisphere 2.5 behave sluggishly, or run without compatibility mode and have Cubase crash frequently, but have Omnisphere run nicely.

Right but your issue seems to be related a Cubase issue more than an omnisphere one, no?
Cubase isn't crashing because of omnisphere 2.5 is it?
rsp
Yes. definitely. It only became apparent when I had to turn off compatibility mode to get Omnisphere working properly.

I have not been a fan of what I've heard from OS, but the new integration, OSC and Filters has me considering it.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

martinjuenke wrote:IMO these problems are not in line with their hefty pricetag.
It‘s really a pity! :dog:
I use omnisphere, trillian and stylusrmx along with reaper, bitwig and cubase 9 running on a win 10 machine with a nvidia gpu.

Zero problems with spectrasonics here.

Very happy with the price as well, Huge update at zero cost.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

zvenx wrote:Every software has issues.....
Not all of us have these issues, I am pretty sure the majority don't.
I think between here and gearslutz I have read about four of them, one already solved.
rsp
To be fair, he's only been here for three years. That's clearly not long enough to have worked out that new releases, updates etc can have bugs that slipped through the beta process :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”