Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thread has dominated Kvr for ages.
Considering the software is in a constant change of flux and its beta testing, perhaps this whole conversation would be better served in a sub forum or an official company forum?
Only Sayin :)

Indeed, I asked for that 6 months ago but so far no reply. Or at least they could create a Beta Tests forum for everybody? ;-)

WilliamK wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:35 pm
dnekm wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:14 pmFor the Westgatesounds stuff - V9 presets are here: http://westgatesounds.net/free/index.html
:hyper: :hug:

Can I add this to the installer? Thanks again!!
Yes, William. Add them if you want to. Except for Mistral. And remember - they duplicate presets already in the Legacy Presets....

Tested the wavetable in both WusikStation and Wusik One. In WusikSation it is working OK now (was able to use several interpolations speeds with fade). But in Wusik One, it seems the same old code was still used (the artifacts with fade remain). Still, have to test that in Wusik 8008

EDIT: Tested in Wusik 8008. Same behavior I got in Wusik One. Seems like you only updated the wavetable scanning in WusikStation.
Last edited by fmr on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Calandria wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:26 pm This thread has dominated Kvr for ages.
Considering the software is in a constant change of flux and its beta testing, perhaps this whole conversation would be better served in a sub forum or an official company forum?
Only Sayin :)
Why and what is it dominating? What do you base your opinion on? I have seen several other threads that had way more posts in a much smaller period of time :shrug:
Last edited by fmr on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Just added two skins for Wusik 8008 to the free page.

One is an old Wusik 4000 skin that still works. The other is a mod of the default.

http://westgatesounds.net/free/index.html

Oh yeah, nice skins, thanks. :cool: :hug:

I am experiencing freezes in Wusik 8008. It's the second time I get this. What I have been doing:

1. Load Wusik 8008.
2. Load Basic Sample Player
3. Load a wavetable in the sample player
4. Load a Multi Segment Envelope
5. Connect the MSEG output to Wavetable Input
6. Set Interpolation to Fast
7. Set Morph to Fade

Start playing and messing with the controls. After a while the GUI freezes, although I can still get sound. Only way is to unload and reload Wusik 8008. I tried one more time, and this time I still didn't get a freeze. But, as I said, it happened twice before.
Fernando (FMR)

Jan 04 2019 - V9.1.2 - BETA 00

BETA Install Instructions

1) Download one of the following and install.

16 Full Sound Collection (this will install the Wusik Engine Data Shared Files, not the Plugins)

WINDOWS
https://wusik.com/download/WIN_Wusik_En ... ection.zip

MAC
https://wusik.com/download/MAC_Wusik_En ... ection.dmg

If you already have all sounds and don't want to download it again, install this instead.

WINDOWS
https://wusik.com/download/WIN_Wusik_En ... ection.exe

MAC
https://wusik.com/download/MAC_Wusik_En ... Sounds.dmg

2) Download for EACH Product, the Product's Engine Installer, this you find with your Download URL. Once you reach the download area, click on Show All Files on the top right download menu (a small button). In the list look for the products's name and BETA on it, check for the date, should be the latest one. This will install the plugin's files and other required data files into the new Wusik Engine Data Shared Folder.

If you want to move the previous sounds you already have into the new Wusik Engine Data folder, just browse to that folder under Shared/SoundSets. Everything goes there now, for all products. Presets will be under each product's foldername /Presets.

---------------------------

- ! IMPORTANT ! New Data Folder Structure. Now we have a single Wusik Engine Data that is used by ALL Wusik Products. Inside you have a Shared folder and for each product an extra folder like "Wusik Station V9", "Wusik 8008" and so on.
- Improved the engine installer to allow separated VST2 and VST3 folders (on Windows), plus the option to select which to install: 32bits and/or 64 bits versions of the plugins.
- Better Multi-Preset code.
- Several code optimizations for less CPU usage.
- New Plugins Manager. Now you can scan multiple plugins folder and manage effects and instruments to be used with the VST Effects slot. You can find the Plugins Manager link in the global menu (click the wusik logo) or in the effects->VST menu. You can click on a plugin to open the option's list: rename, activate, show first on the TOP of the list (it always shows effects and after instruments, but you can set plugins to show on the top of each list).
- Fixed some sounds and included those changes into the new 16 Gig installer.
- New Extra Folders Manager, now you can add as many folders as you want. The tree-view will show "/ Foldername" at the bottom of the list.
- New Anti-Click code when switching presets (also works on sections where the audio-engine need to stop in order to perform something). The volume will fade out and in with the new loaded preset.
- Added auto search code for missing sound files. If more than one file is found it will display a dialog window asking which file should be used.
- Fixed a volume problem with legacy presets that uses the MDA Talkbox effect. EG: the Hyper Collection / Vocoder presets.
- Added a new option to the Global Options Menu (click the Wusik logo). Volume Output Gain.
- Fixed problems with SF2 files related to out of tune and slow loading.
- Added release sample support to SFZ files.
- Added lorand and hirand support to SFZ files.
- Corrected the sfz volume opcode to use decibels values instead of gain values.
- Added in the tree-view filebrowser under Options (right click anywhere or click the first item on the top) a new option: Filter Non SFZ Files - when selected it will filter wav, flac, mp3, ogg and aiff files.
- Added WusikSound to the SoundSets Search.
- Added an anti-click code for sounds/waveforms that does not start at Zero (0.0).

Wusik Station V9:
- Added a new option to FX1: Output Dry Signal, by default is ON, so you hear the non-fx (dry) signal. This is handy when using the MDA Vocoder (or any other vocoder) as a SEND instead of an INSERT.

Wusik 8008:
- Added all previous skins and changed the default skin to the previous Wusik 8000 default skin. (changed the logo from 8000 to 8008).

fmr wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:58 pmI am experiencing freezes in Wusik 8008. It's the second time I get this. What I have been doing:
Thanks, so far I couldn't find anything, or even reproduce the freeze. So if you find a pattern, that helps me out. :oops: I will re-check the wavetable code just in case, later today...

The PDF manual problem I mentioned before in relation to P2000 is now in all the installers for all products...at the end of install procedure if answer YES when asked if want to see the pdf manual, the pdf does not appear, and thereafter all PDFs on computer don't open...in other words Acrobat has crashed...have to restart computer to be able to use it.

Thanks, but I don't know how I can fix that. :cry: One thing I could do instead, is improve the installer so it adds the manual in another way, I will think about this. Maybe not for this release... :oops:

Anyone want a different skin for Wusik V9?

These are some ealy test, just trying to bring some colour into it...

I just updated the demonstration files too, and now they include the 16 Gig set of files to test in full all products.

http://wwww.wusik.com/w/index.php/download-demo

Maybe this is a better approach?

Return to “Instruments”