Zone by Audiaire

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Earth Sounds Expansion Zone

ATS wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:54 am it would be really sad if this turned into the 1000th thread about ilok.
I think it’s too late for that now. V2 will include a pound of my flesh too for daring to use iLok.

Examigan wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:19 am I'm happy to report the Audiaire support fixed the issue I was having, and I can now load the demo version of Zone in my DAW.

Thanks! :)
Glad to hear it! :)

Sounds great
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Sharooz

Great job with Zone ! I look forward to a huge future !

:tu:
DeanColeman

Grammy Nominated Dj .
Producer . StudioStuntDouble
Soundcloud.com/deancoleman
Twitter@thedeancoleman

Sharooz wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:34 am
JunSev wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:40 am
Sharooz wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:42 am
TheKid wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:25 am What happens with the soft-iLok license if my harddisk crashes beyond repair?
You know, your intention would be nice, your predisposition could be good, but this method can't be sustained with the pass of the time (imagine 5 years, 10 years, or 20 [nothing never will guarantee that you will be always there and your company will be there]). my machine could die or fail, I don't know maybe how many times and the fact that in order to use the synth I always have to go to the company or someone asking for help would make me completely dependent of the company, is like my purchase doesn't have value even. I can't even consider to buy your synth.

Don't get me wrong, your Synth looks very interesting, I like the gui, it seems innovative, but just the fact that is Ilok put me off completely, why not serial or key files, or a system that recognize trough internet if the same account is connected and used in other machines and then prohibit the use of the other machine?. you could secure your synth in a better way, with all respect.
.. You do also realise Zone is available to Rent to Own via Splice without any need for iLok if you don’t wish to use that particular system? I won’t be answering any more questions related to iLok for this reason. Thanks
Ok that's a good alternative, and no personal problems with anything, we just have concerns and many (not so good) experiences, respectfully thank you.

A few things I noticed... sorry if these have been mentioned already. :)

The modulation slots on the left side: Is there some way to see them all at once? I have to switch between each slot (source and target) one at a time as it is.

For the controller choices, is there any other easier way to choose from a few different common choices, such as the Mod wheel?

For the effects, it would be nice if the control names would change when you pick a different effect. It does show the control's name when you hover over the control, but I'd like it show up below the control itself, and not have to hover over it.

Last but not least (and no, I didn't read the manual yet, so I am guilty of that! :hihi: ) can the names for the Macro controls be edited?

Examigan wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:26 pm A few things I noticed... sorry if these have been mentioned already. :)

The modulation slots on the left side: Is there some way to see them all at once? I have to switch between each slot (source and target) one at a time as it is.

For the controller choices, is there any other easier way to choose from a few different common choices, such as the Mod wheel?

For the effects, it would be nice if the control names would change when you pick a different effect. It does show the control's name when you hover over the control, but I'd like it show up below the control itself, and not have to hover over it.

Last but not least (and no, I didn't read the manual yet, so I am guilty of that! :hihi: ) can the names for the Macro controls be edited?
Hi Examigan, sure thing - the FX types cannot currently be changed, because if a named FX knob is assigned to the grid and then that FX type data is changed or automation changed the custom FX name tag cannot dynamically be changed with it, without causing all sorts of issues in the DAW host automation or seq lane. We are playing with work arounds / solutions so tay posted!

Named macros is definitely on our list!

The only way modulation slots can be amended is to make the tabs even smaller, which proved an unpopular choice in beta testing!

I have had this synths as a demo now for 3-4 days and I have top say that (to be honest) I was initially a bit underwhelmed as I didn't relay see what it offered over Serum and Thorn which I already own....

Unfortunately (for my wallet) Zone has now realy grown on me! I think the wavetables are different (and good) enough, and the modulation sequencer is different enough to merit serious consideration. Its fun and fast to make new patches/sequences and can sound more like a modular than a lot of VSTs claiming to emulate modular as their main selling point!

Its brand new and will no doubt be improved over time, but it is a pretty good 'launch' level for a new synth...its only realy the price that deters me currently, even on 'sale' its not cheap in the current competitive market where people who like wavetable synths will probably already have quite a few already... (something cheap like Thorn was proceed just low enough to 'make' me buy it even though I realy didn't need it!!)

Anyway- it is great synth, well done- its on my watch list...not quite a 'no brainer' yet, maybe just a little bit cheaper and it would be....Also, I didn't see anywhere to put in your VAT number (UK) to take tax off the purchase price, or is the price witout any VAT anyway?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Gotta say, having quite a bit of fun wrangling some decent sounds out of this one! Using the Splice rent-to-own program, which is great.

Though I have to say, Sharooz, can you make sure that the next version has a much better installer? The current version simply dumps the vst file in a predefined location with absolutely no options to configure the paths, which is a hassle afterwards, reconfiguring your DAW just for this plug-in. Some more flexibility would be greatly appreciated.

Hi BeeDog

Glad you’re digging it. We fixed the Windows custom installation directory bug a week or so after release. :) we’re now in v1.03 which fixes the Windows 8 Cakewalk install bug and addresses the aforementioned. Feel free to dive in. The update also fixes the rare issue where some Splice users weren’t able to install in Pro Tools.

S

Keep the sale going until the new year at least. I'm a very poor musician at the moment.

Hi Slic, also feel free to email us for a VAT invoice. Support@audiaire.com. Audiaire is UK VAT registered so the £99.99 UK retail price is inclusive of VAT. (Approx £80 Net to VAT registered customers with a valid GB VAT ID). Thanks

Aloysius wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:40 pm Keep the sale going until the new year at least. I'm a very poor musician at the moment.
Hi Aloysius. Splice Rent to Own can get you there for the price of a cocktail :)

I'll think about it. Thanks. :)

Sharooz wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:36 pm Hi BeeDog

Glad you’re digging it. We fixed the Windows custom installation directory bug a week or so after release. :) we’re now in v1.03 which fixes the Windows 8 Cakewalk install bug and addresses the aforementioned. Feel free to dive in. The update also fixes the rare issue where some Splice users weren’t able to install in Pro Tools.

S
Hi,

Thanks, but I am already on v1.03 and it is still an issue. Still no option to actually set where I want the vst file to reside.

Return to “Instruments”