Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
JerGoertz
KVRAF
2102 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:08 pm

Your ears get plugged up and the high frequencies are muted. What synths have that high-frequency "cutting" quality that allows for a more balanced spectrum, even with a head cold?

My top 5:

Sunrizer
The Legend
Diva
Saurus
Poly-M
Wavestation
A well-behaved signature.

cytospur
KVRian
1035 posts since 26 Jun, 2002 from London, UK

Re: Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:28 pm

It's not just your ears that are plugged up. You have six synths in your top five :hihi:
Wavetables for DUNE2, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

JerGoertz
KVRAF
2102 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Re: Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:48 pm

There's an extra bonus synth in my list.

I always like to give a little extra.
A well-behaved signature.

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRian
1264 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Re: Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:24 pm

The same synths as in the train, but run through Dominator to make it hot...

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
2210 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:09 pm

You already have BAZILLE !

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

User avatar
discoDSP
KVRAF
3651 posts since 18 Jul, 2002

Re: Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:46 pm

Discovery Pro. Warm filters and distortion :)
discoDSP Plug-Ins | Synths | Sampler | Effects

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRian
1264 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Re: Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:09 pm
You already have BAZILLE !
I only have Beatzille, thats why I never get cold...

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
2210 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:55 am

Tj Shredder wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:09 pm
You already have BAZILLE !
I only have Beatzille, thats why I never get cold...
What about VIRUS?

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

legendCNCD
KVRian
729 posts since 23 Sep, 2004 from there

Re: Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:54 am

MR.ALIAS - cant hear highfreqz but with this its like born again - maybe I was born with it, maybe its MR.ALIAS

https://static.kvraudio.com/i/b/mralias2.jpg

User avatar
sinemotor
KVRist
127 posts since 24 Dec, 2015

Re: Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:00 am

Serum is your cure

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRian
1264 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Re: Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:29 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:55 am
Tj Shredder wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:09 pm
You already have BAZILLE !
I only have Beatzille, thats why I never get cold...
What about VIRUS?
I have antibodies against hardware... No danger there...

recursive one
KVRAF
3686 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Re: Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:30 am

Tj Shredder wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:29 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:55 am
Tj Shredder wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:09 pm
You already have BAZILLE !
I only have Beatzille, thats why I never get cold...
What about VIRUS?
I have antibodies against hardware... No danger there...
But what if a VIPER bites you?
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRian
1264 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Re: Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:36 am

recursive one wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:30 am
Tj Shredder wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:29 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:55 am
Tj Shredder wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:09 pm
You already have BAZILLE !
I only have Beatzille, thats why I never get cold...
What about VIRUS?
I have antibodies against hardware... No danger there...
But what if a VIPER bites you?
No chance, I am on a naturally immune Mac...

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
37240 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:00 am

anything with sinusoidal waves.

User avatar
Ranoka
KVRist
97 posts since 4 Jun, 2018 from UK

Re: Top 5 synths for when you have a cold

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:09 am

sinemotor wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:00 am
Serum is your cure
:clap:

Return to “Instruments”