Voltage Module Designer released ($99)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Build modules lightning fast. Drag and drop controls, adjust visual styles, and create your own custom knobs, sliders, switches, buttons, jacks, and more.
All the monotonous details of coding are minimized, so building a module is quick and easy. All resources are automatically embedded into your project, so sharing module files with team members is effortless.
Program your module using Java with our integrated code editor. The Module Designer generates much of the code automatically, so you only need to fill in a few functions to have a fully-working module. All module code is automatically cross-platform.
Our bundled SDK includes a large library of audio processing classes for oscillators, filters, envelope generators, and more. Use the included DSP for rapid prototyping, or write your own DSP to give your module a unique sound.
https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-module-designer

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Wasn't this supposed to be free?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

not a good idea to make a module designer payware !
maybe a little fee to be in the store but not this way , i think cherry audio will fail if they don't change that.

hivkorn wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:52 am not a good idea to make a module designer payware !
maybe a little fee to be in the store but not this way , i think cherry audio will fail if they don't change that.
I tend to agree. I think it might discourage quite a few people from getting involved, and as VCV rack has shown, you need a bit of a buzz to get things going - but time will tell, I guess.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Somehow I was also under the impression that this would be free (or included in the price of the basic VM package). But then, you are free to demo it as long as you want. I tried MD last night briefly, and it seems to be pretty much exactly what I have always wished for. Once you grasp the basics, it's fast & easy to prototype anything that comes to your mind. Of course making a finished & fully polished module takes some effort, but everything should be doable inside a single application, which is great. Time will tell how big the market will be for 3rd party modules, but with some luck, I think it's certainly possible to get back the money you spent on MD through module sales.

hivkorn wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:52 am not a good idea to make a module designer payware !
+1 You need to build a community and that doesn't seem the way.
I thought the designer would be free.

Anybody know if the DSP libs are developed in Java? Are new modules AOT compiled from Java or is there a JIT of some sort?

Ta

resynthesis wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:43 am Anybody know if the DSP libs are developed in Java? Are new modules AOT compiled from Java or is there a JIT of some sort?

Ta
https://cherryaudio.com/faq

Stefken wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:38 am
+1 You need to build a community and that doesn't seem the way.
I thought the designer would be free.
+2
Best
YY

I don't mind if good stuff costs money - it's a lot of work after all.
But I have my reservations regarding the high coupling between the synth and the Cherry Audio servers. Even to put your own module into the synth you apparently have to first upload it to their servers. It apparently also checks each and every time which modules I own (so early bugs e.g. made the midi module disappear once I reload one of my saved presets because the server thought I don't have a license for the midi module anymore).
Not sure whether I would want to invest huge amounts of development time into something that is so fully under control of a third party.
Would much prefer something that I buy and then it's mine to do whatever I want with it - particularly if I invest a lot of time customizing it.
On the other hand there are thousands writing software for iOS - so probably I am in the minority with my reservations.

Return to “Instruments”