Waves v9 Problem

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edit: Please move thread. Thank you.

Seriously... WTF! I'm done. Spent way too long trying to install my v9 plugins on my new build. Why they don't just include them in the latest Central I don't know.

I understand they need strict systems for copy protection but this is clearly to push WUP! I'm kissing my Strindberg dongle right now.
Last edited by mitchiemasha on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Yeah, the impression I'm left with is that they make it a mess to force people to pay for WUP. It's certainly either that, or they are an incredibly incompetent bunch of morons.

Why don`t you just contact topnotch waves support instead of acting like a crybaby?

mitchiemasha wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:44 am Seriously... WTF! I'm done. Spent way too long trying to install my v9 plugins on my new build. Why they don't just include them in the latest Central I don't know.
It's actually pretty easy if you know how: https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-in ... aves-v9-92

Being frustrated is no excuse for not using the search function. :clap:
How about you complain in the existing Waves V10 topic instead of cluttering up the forum with yet another pointless rant? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=506272

Yes, it is pretty easy when you know how... In the legacy installer, one must simply select the waves folder, then open it via the 'Select Folder' button at the bottom, not navigate through the file system looking for installers. It would help if this was a different icon.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

FWIW, i'm totally with you. It probably would be pretty easy for Waves to provide older products in Waves Central. Actually, i was under the impression i couldn't install them at all anymore, at first. Had to Google for a while to find the solution.

Updated to Mojave, broke all my cheaply bought Waves.

Tried for a couple of hours with no luck.

Gave up, trashed my Waves plugins. Couldn't be arsed with their top-notch support as the plugs are outa WUP.

Feels fine, man.

(No, didn't search , seemed a good opportunity to move on.)

Waves Central is a complete mess. Spent days getting it to work on my old computer and now after upgrading to a new computer i'm back to square one. Sorry, I just can't be bothered to do it all again...
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

Am I the only one who has never had a problem with Waves?

It naturally creates problems, when you do everything different than anyone else.

Now that everything is set up, i don't have any problems though.

This is actually one of the things that blows my mind. Why the hell have a software manager if it can't manage software properly.

Though, their instructions are pretty clear how to use V9 and V10 concurrently. Still I think it could have handled much better. Especially as the V10 did not bring anything to table and was a pointless upgrade.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:52 pm This is actually one of the things that blows my mind. Why the hell have a software manager if it can't manage software properly.

Though, their instructions are pretty clear how to use V9 and V10 concurrently. Still I think it could have handled much better. Especially as the V10 did not bring anything to table and was a pointless upgrade.
I just didn't upgrade my V9 plugs. So I'm running V9 and V10. No big deal. Everything still works.

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:44 pm It naturally creates problems, when you do everything different than anyone else.

Now that everything is set up, i don't have any problems though.
My deal with Waves and all their Waves Central and Waveshells stuff etc for me has always been the same: Once it's set up and working perfectly, I try not to touch it for as long as possible. :D

:)

Return to “Instruments”