What will be your go-to synths for 2019?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, it's a fresh new question, I'd like to hear which synths you will find yourself reaching for in the next year.

...Bonus question: which synths will you stop using next year? Or even [GASP!] ... UNINSTALL?!? (The horrors!)

Edit: Closed
Last edited by Aloysius on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Alchemy 1
Tassman
Iris

I want to get the most out of them while I can...
Last edited by Michael L on Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

I must see if my backup version of Alchemy will work. I bought tons of expansions for it back in the day.

Synthmaster.
Possibly Fathom.
And I'm really getting back into Vacuum Pro bcuz it sounds most like hardware to my ears and has character.

Also thinking about getting Sektor. Really like the sequencer on that.

Initial audio is still advertising Sektor as MPE compatible, but it is not at all fumctioning and they confirmed they do not want to fix it...
They only care about their techno crowd. Worst support experience I had ever! Be carful...

Will keep using Omnisphere 2 and possibly expand the number of hardware synths that are on the Omni hardware list...
will have my fingers crossed that the arturia matrixbrute is considered for membership of that list...
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

rapid, dune 3, spire, serum

Unless Access decide to release the Virus as a vsti, I'll keep using these two great alternatives - Viper and Spire. Viper can load the Virus waveforms, and Spire has the Infecto filter.

gonna be opening kore2 a lot

I will keep DUNE, Harmless, Zebralette and maybe I'll buy Go2 or GlassViper (if will be updated). But who knows... maybe I'll buy something else if there will be some good "no-brainer" deal, but I want to keep and use only 3-5 synths at the same time (not 20-30 like years before). And also want to finish an EP in 2019 (finally).
yzcoruhT

i can see myself using Zebra until the end of time, and i'll probably be adding in Serum and Dagger here and there. i want to purposefully spend some time with Absynth. It was the first softie i ever bought and i didn't really get synthesis at the time, so i have a sort of negative association with it and want to see if i actually like it now that i can program stuff. If not, it goes next year. i really want to purge stuff and get down to 3-5 synths (heck, every DAW is full of usable synths), so i'll be putting Repro, Hive, Massive and Thorn through their paces to see if they stay. i'm a guitarist. i really shouldn't have this many synths. As i said in the other thread, i'll be selling CS-80v, Aalto and UNO LX this year.

izonin wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:07 am Unless Access decide to release the Virus as a vsti, I'll keep using these two great alternatives - Viper and Spire. Viper can load the Virus waveforms, and Spire has the Infecto filter.
+ 1

I'd add Parawave Rapid to that list, it loads Virus TI Wavetables and has osc FX such as sync and formant shift which can make sounds very similar to those Virus does in Formant Complex mode. And it has that big, fat and polished sound very similar to Virus. Haven't yet tested the new update with osc cross-modulation but I hope it can make something similar to Virus Position Triangle FM (though Viper already nails it). Well, it became much harder now to find excuses for not making awesome tracks :D

Also probably Dune3. Suddenly I found myself enjoying v.2 very much. Had it for years but didn't use it much because I thought that the sound wasn't quite to my liking. The Dune3 frustration anticipation thread made me revisit it and yes, it can sound great unless I'm trying to copy typical Virus/Spire/Sylenth sounds. The FM and the Acid filter are top notch.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Omnisphere 2.5 what else does anyone need in a synth :-)

same ones from 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015......1999
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I had such trouble getting Trilian working on Windows 10 I'm not sure I'd take a chance on Omnisphere no matter how good it is. Def gonna play around with Go2 more though. It came out around a time when I was buying a lot of different things, so never really got a chance to fully appreciate it.

Return to “Instruments”