DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

If anyone wants a more comprehensive NKS template than the one that Dune 3 ships with I have made one - it allows much more hardware control over this plugin - I still had to limit some things just to stop it getting too cumbersome but I think it strikes a better balance between control and usability than the existing NKS template does.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2tbeye3bo5xn ... f.zip?dl=1

I could also convert the entire factory library to this template if it is allowed

Does anyone know if there's a way to make dune3 see the patches you create in the same way that it sees the factory content?

I have created a folder inventively called "my presets" in the folder that contains the factory presets, and I can select that folder within dune, but I don't get a drop down menu to select a preset in the same way that I do with the standard presets.

Would I need to make a category sub folder e.g. My Presets> Leads and then put my corresponding presets in there to get the same functionality? Or is that just the way it is? I can use the arrows to change preset just would be nice to have more of an overview.

Thanks

grandmasterbird yes, you have to create My Presets> Leads and etc.. and put preset here if you want it have categorized.

Oberheim 8000 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:17 am grandmasterbird yes, you have to create My Presets> Leads and etc.. and put preset here if you want it have categorized.
Great, thanks.

I'll give that a bash tonight. Will be great to have a drop down menu where I can see my presets :tu:

I finally took the plunge and bought dune3 recently and I havnt been disappointed. The sound quality is amazing

For what genres in DUNE 3 best?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:39 am For what genres in DUNE 3 best?
its not genre specific, that's just ridiculous

Dune is great for just about anything - but I. m. O. mainly the MOST ENIGMATIC Synth in the VST Dimension.

The Factory Sounds are Trance/EDM, but it can easily sound brilliant, smooth and even gentle 🙂

I have just decided to focus on Dune again - wasting hundreds of Bucks with this Descision.

#Enigma #metoo

electro-goth.

Thanks guys. I was expecting some quirky replies here. ;)
GRUMP wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:45 pm
Dune is great for just about anything - but I. m. O. mainly the MOST ENIGMATIC Synth in the VST Dimension.

The Factory Sounds are Trance/EDM, but it can easily sound brilliant, smooth and even gentle 🙂

#Enigma #metoo
Appreciate your comments. I demoed it a couple of days ago and overall, I liked the sound. It is light on CPU too. I do not have the money to purchase it right now, so just uninstalled the demo and added it to my wishlist. But with plethora of other synths on the table, I really need to justify getting DUNE 3 or sell some of the other synths. If it can replace some of those synths, it'd be great. :)

Good to know it can work well for other genres which are not necessarily synth-heavy/oriented.

Haha, great to know you like Enigma too. :phones: These days I am not doing Enigmatic or atmospheric/ambient stuff though.
I have just decided to focus on Dune again - wasting hundreds of Bucks with this Descision.
Why do you say that? Or I did not get you exactly.
And while we are it, does the full version have enough presets in various categories? In terms of covering wide range of sounds from bread-n-butter to experimental stuff. I think many people mention it to be their go-to synth?

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:46 pm

electro-goth.
Polka Pop. :P

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:28 pm Why do you say that? Or I did not get you exactly.
He probably bought other synths until he realized he should have just used Dune instead :D

grandmasterbird wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:45 am Would I need to make a category sub folder e.g. My Presets> Leads and then put my corresponding presets in there to get the same functionality
Or you could tag your own patches with prefixes like "Bas Moog Bass" or "Led Trance" or "Pad-Silky" etc.

That way all your patches will be in one folder and categorized. You can have 200+ patches in one folder and it will display horizontally allowing you to see them all at once. Anything over the limit which I think is 214 or 240 I don't remember exactly right now it will display vertically and you'll have to scroll up and down to see all the patches. Once you fill one folder of 200+ just create another one.

You can also create a folder called 00-Favorites and drop your well....favorite patches in it. That way the folder will always be at the top of the list unless you create another folder 00 etc. :)

Patch management in Dune 3 is the same as file management in Windows (or Mac I presume don't own one). Logical organization is the key...... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

So you know for Dune (and a few other not from SA), on a mac the rows don't change to columns after x amount of elements.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:11 pm So you know for Dune (and a few other not from SA), on a mac the rows don't change to columns after x amount of elements.
rsp
is that a mac thing that cannot be changed by the synth dev?

zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:11 pm So you know for Dune (and a few other not from SA), on a mac the rows don't change to columns after x amount of elements.
So you're saying on a Mac you can have an unlimited (or more than 200+ at least) number of patches in a folder and they'll always display horizontally and not vertically in a single column which requires you to scroll ?

I wonder if the limitation is not up to Windows file system then rather than how D3 handles it ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”