One Synth Challenge #119: Waverazor 2 by Tracktion (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waverazor

I've had another weird thing happening. I saved presets and it would always saved 2 copies of it. I made a snare, which somehow lost the amplitude of the first OSC, which was on noise, and ended up sounding wrong after loading again. This is a bit of a scary thing, of course. It suggests, you may not get your song back the way you had it, when you made it. :o ... hmmm. Wish I knew what happened there. Luckily it was a simple patch, though. Here's kind of a fixed version... (just a quick fix, because I think I overcranked the noise a little now)

ALSO, after saving a preset, the module inside MuLab shows the name of the preset, which is correct. But after loading the song back up it says "unknown"... hmmm...

And one more thing that keeps bugging the heck out of me. When you STOP a song, normally there's a midi message, allowing a VST, for example, to turn off sustain, if the pedal was down. This is missing here!

And one more thing: Sustain... if I put it to 0.0% (-0.0% :lol: ), after the decay time brought it to 0% it ramps back up a little. If you put the Sustain Decay (a funny one anyway) to 0.000sec, it ramps back up and cuts off. Something somehow won't let there be a sustain level of 0.0% that can be held. No good!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I’ve noticed the same issue with sustain. Release is also kind of funky - it sometimes wants to hang for a while so need to adjust the controls very carefully.

Output routing is A little confusing. Several “gain stages”.

Howto model a sine kick without a pitch envelope by only using the oscillator capability. All but the attack slot are (detuned) sines...that is so much fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Very Clever, Peter, that's GREAT! Man...you make me facepalm myself it's so genius, hehe! Thanks, great job!

Taron wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:42 pm Very Clever, Peter, that's GREAT! Man...you make me facepalm myself it's so genius, hehe! Thanks, great job!
The single-osc kick is only an experiment, though it is nicely resembles the bdr of a drum kit. The traditional pitched sine is still very useful. The problem with my experiment is, that it can only be used for very short kicks.
Check out the attached patch, play around C1 and please only use very short hits on your keyboard.

Note: Please remove the file type ".zip", then please use the disc icon and select "import"
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter -- that's a great (and impressive) use of the unique capabilities of WR. There needs to be some real conveniences built into the UI though. Multiple selection of wave segments for editing would be a good one!

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:34 pm Howto model a sine kick without a pitch envelope by only using the oscillator capability. All but the attack slot are (detuned) sines...that is so much fun.
That is cool! I am guessing your envelope is super fast, otherwise it will repeat?
ontrackp wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:29 pm Peter -- that's a great (and impressive) use of the unique capabilities of WR. There needs to be some real conveniences built into the UI though. Multiple selection of wave segments for editing would be a good one!
Agreed on needing more conveniences in the editor... I have a really long list of things, and this thread is certainly adding to that list! :D

Asked previously if there is a forum where ideas can be discussed, indeed there is:

https://shrine.mok.com/

Thanks for all the love, comments and (totally fair) complaints. Have really enjoyed following this thread and checking out the patches and tracks thus far.

- Rob

Oh, yeah, I've tried it right away and got a nice little "knack" kick, but only a slope to control the level of the osc1 could KIND of prevent the subsequent repetitions. The ADSR needs work, honestly. Another helpful thing in the context of going wild with single waves might be a transpose option. But, of course, it's a bit overkill for a rather special sort of "trick".

Thanks for the patch, Peter, I will have a listen shortly!

Thanks, Rob, for sticking around. I hope, you'll stay tuned, hehehe! ;) :tu: ...I'm honestly having some fun making music right now, feeling a bit like a pitbull not letting go of taming the Waverazor or rather letting it breakout with some respect to my will, haha.

r_mok wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:38 pm
] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:34 pm Howto model a sine kick without a pitch envelope by only using the oscillator capability. All but the attack slot are (detuned) sines...that is so much fun.
That is cool! I am guessing your envelope is super fast, otherwise it will repeat?
Yes, you're right, it is rather fast, because I want to avoid repeating. Therefore the patch (please see post above) is only useable in a very narrow key range, i.e. when a single run through all slots is equivalent to a considerable amount of time ;-) Just check it out...I've attached it to my previous post, please use keys around C1.

Note: If I "open" the envelope a bit then all over sudden the patch is usable in a different key range begining from C4...because then the repetitions start to smeare into a constant sound...just try it out ;-)

Oh, how I wish sometimes I could delete a post, haha... was just redundant, nothing bad. :ud:
Last edited by Taron on Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@PeterH wow! I haven't had a chance to listen to your kick but that is exactly what makes OSC so cool.

Yeah Peter, great idea!

Taron, haha...just edit it with "deleted wip" or something, no one will ever know! :D
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

**deleted wip
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

LOL! :lol: Thanks, TNS! :hug:

I sent a PM to r_mok to get a demo period, mine is run out...
Also just listening to the sounds and playing with the two rounded xy pads this makes it extremely OBVIOUS, that this synth is crying out loud for MPE !!!!
It would be a complete waste if a future update would not support it !!!!
There is an answer regarding MPE on the Razor forum which raises some hope. Fortunately I can set it up for MPE within Bitwig quite easy, running 6 instances on different Midi channels will not put my Mac Pro to a halt, but just doing this for each sound is a bit tedious...

Return to “Instruments”