Rob Papen - A new Synthesizer is ahead! Guesses?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One thing I don't really understand.
Downloaded the new installer from explorer5, installed the whole stuff, and B.I.T. appears under the vst category....
I restarted the computer, rescanned, still in the vst category...
hm

And I get "failed to scan" in Studio One v4.5.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I tried this new synth, maybe it is just my pc, but the original size was small, the 150% was a bit too wide and tall.
The sounds are 'OK' but I prefer Predator II and Blue II - I don't like simple synths.
If there's something I'm waiting for, then that's Punch2.

dune_rave wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:04 pm I tried this new synth, maybe it is just my pc, but the original size was small, the 150% was a bit too wide and tall.
The sounds are 'OK' but I prefer Predator II and Blue II - I don't like simple synths.
If there's something I'm waiting for, then that's Punch2.
No no, it's not your PC. Rob Papen synths are way too small on 100 % on full HD screens and the bigger version is just too big inn full HD. It's made for resolutions of 2044 pixellines and such. I often complained about that issue but it's constantly ignored :(

Hey... if you don't like simple synth I assume you like deep synth...I can - from all my heart - recommend to you this bottomless monster: MSoundfactory. It's just in beta and already kills every synth I know concerning deepness and possibilities. Predator 2 does about 5-8 percent of it and MSF is just starting it's crazy journey. Just one example here... MSF has a single module which is a full blown 8 OP FM synth as deep as FM8 or Blue2 and you can use as much of them as you like and you can modulate each and every parameter in that whole synth universe. Plus it has an incredibly deep and powerful effects modular engine too with over 70 high class effects modules. There isn't a thing you can imagine you can't build with it and you will be able to build a lot you can't imagine too. I don't know anything comparable at the moment and many modules will be added I the future. The OSCs alone have endless wave design capabilities and are far ahead of every OSC in other systems I know. Same goes for the modulators. Their design possibilities are endless. They are Moore versatile than some complete synth from other companies. Incredibly.

Have joy and be sound.

Ps
I should state that I like RP synth very much for what they are. They all have great concepts behind and they all sound very good but all are limited in a certain kind.

nichttuntun wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:51 pm Hey... if you don't like simple synth I assume you like deep synth...I can - from all my heart - recommend to you this bottomless monster: MSoundfactory. It's just in beta and already kills every synth I know concerning deepness and possibilities. (...)
Interesting, but what about the MSF sound?
Can MSF produces a warm sound like B.I.T. ?

The 100% size works perfect on my laptop(1366x768)

ckoe wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:31 pm The 100% size works perfect on my laptop(1366x768)
1366 is a much higher resolution than full HD.

Pictus wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:14 pm
nichttuntun wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:51 pm Hey... if you don't like simple synth I assume you like deep synth...I can - from all my heart - recommend to you this bottomless monster: MSoundfactory. It's just in beta and already kills every synth I know concerning deepness and possibilities. (...)
Programmed with care I can't imagine anything you can't recreate with it. It can be extremely smooth and organic and you can emulate analog perfectly with per voice unison and per voice drift programming. It has countless per voice modulators from normal LFOs to various randomizers, envelope followers, transmutation curves (individually programmable AND modulatable at any point), and whatnot. Take two simple sine wave OSCs and merge them with ring modulation. Play with octaves and modulate the tuning of both a bit... can't go more smooth in the low end. If this is not enough there is a fantastic dirty sounding rotary emulation, several other distortion modules and saturation modules plus saturation and drive options in the modules itself. The distortion and saturators are very good and because all Melda tools can have a very high oversampling rate you get very musical results with them because you won't have digital noise beyond the fundamental like in most distortion and saturators out there.

Yes you can get pretty "warm" and phat and dirty analogish sounding...if you wish that.

Have joy and be sound.

Maybe, but I for one can't stand the workflow/GUI of this kind of synth. I'd suggest you to try it first!

Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:25 pm
Maybe, but I for one can't stand the workflow/GUI of this kind of synth. I'd suggest you to try it first!
Hi. As an explorer5 bundle user I certainly will use and enjoy BIT a lot as all the other RP synths :)

I suggested MSoundfactory to a person here who mentioned he likes deep synths. It's not only deep it's bottomless and I thought it would be worth to recommend.

nichttuntun wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:30 pm
Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:25 pm
Hi. As an explorer5 bundle user I certainly will use and enjoy BIT a lot as all the other RP synths :)

I suggested MSoundfactory to a person here who mentioned he likes deep synths. It's not only deep it's bottomless and I thought it would be worth to recommend.
Sorry then, I didn't catch all the conversation. If he indeed likes deep synths, MSF is a great suggestion :)

Thanks for suggesting MSF, though I think I will not demo that, because I also consider the "running years" of a virtual synth (years passed since release).
For example synthmaster has quite a long way behind and it's going better and better.
MSF is a new stuff and Its not among the developeers I've chosen to follow.
I also don't like the "modular and can do everything" type, and I also don't like NI Reaktor. IMHO what rather matters is a kind of "musical" output and great presets, something that behaves like a real instrument rather than a modular playground.

nichttuntun wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:15 pm
Programmed with care I can't imagine anything you can't recreate with it. It can be extremely smooth and organic and you can emulate analog perfectly with per voice unison and per voice drift programming. (...)

Yes you can get pretty "warm" and phat and dirty analogish sounding...if you wish that.
I did not take a look yet, but you got me interested...
Thank you!

You're welcome. Have fun with it. If you have questions ask and there is a wonderful community here in KVR too. Everything is basely explained via the questionmarks in the modules too. But this thing... alone the OSCs and simple LFO modulators can be overwhelming at first. But spending time with it and learning will be rewarding :)

Return to “Instruments”