Rob Papen - A new Synthesizer is ahead! Guesses?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay. That's very nice of Jon. Luckily I can run it without problems. Another very important point for me when it comes to regard the whole package is customers treatment. They have a very big plus on that side and are very open minded and always fast reacting at least what I experienced.

are you on commission?

AnX wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:07 pm are you on commission?
No. I am just a Synth-Nerd digging into synthesis / hardware and plugins since early 90th. That´s all :D

You can listen to the new Synth here from minute 23 on...some very cool analog sounding vibes here. It will be a VA synth relatively close to analog hardware. There is no finished GUI yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj7TWLGrdPo&t=38s

nichttuntun wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:12 pm You can listen to the new Synth here from minute 23 on...some very cool analog sounding vibes here. It will be a VA synth relatively close to analog hardware. There is no finished GUI yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj7TWLGrdPo&t=38s
Very cool, thanks!
All RP synths have this unique warm, silky sound.. fantastic sounding new instrument!

Sounds nice! Can't wait to check it out. :)

Still remember the albino times where i started. Good memory :love: very excited now.

Tilly wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:17 am Still remember the albino times where i started. Good memory :love: very excited now.
BTW, still remember how albino has been recieved these times by the early K-v-R community

:oops:

Yes indeed sounds really nice and seems to have something of its own. Would have loved more dry preset demos. As usual too much reverb and delay on them ;) but you get a great impression out of it.

I have the legend, DIVA and Repro5 (tons of others) as well as several hardware analog and VA synths and nevertheless I am looking forward for this certain RP synth. :)

Rob said it will have 4 LFOs and is stuffed only with classical subtractive Waves in the OSC section. I still don't know how many OSCs there will be.

Sounds really nice !

By the way. Rob does those 1 hour streams on YouTube nearly every week at Thursdays. I think we can add this to the positions of unique features for that brand. No I'm not payed for this ;)

I guess I'm already in to upgrade to explorer 5 just by hearing this demo.
I hope this will be a great success for Rob.
He kinda has been flying under the radar which is undeserved as he has some very nice instruments.

But I see this synth competing with the best VA's we have out there. It also has a very broad palet from cs-80 to Jupiter to Moog to really aggressive analog sounds.
Last edited by Stefken on Fri May 10, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes. Absolutely. I think Rob Papen products are very underappreciated by folks. The new synth demo sounds amazingly analogish with a cool low end to. The drift is great. The sounds are extremely vivid and absolutely not static. Can't say too much about the filters yet.

For me RP synth became en par for me with the great U-he synths (got them all) over time. The more I delve into them the more I appreciate what the RP team does and how they do it.

Okay that you don't think I am paid I could say the same for:

Glitchmachines
U-he
Tone2
Valhalla DSP
Madrona Labs
Melda Production

:)

nichttuntun wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:29 pm Okay that you don't think I am paid I could say the same for
I doubt anyone could be serious about you getting paid for your opinion.

New synth seems to sound good. And, if those are the factory sounds, they're some of the more usable factory sounds i've heard. I wouldn't judge before i get my hands on it though. In my experience, especially when you talk about the synth sounding "analog", there's a few tests you can make which will reveal that better than some sounds in a demo, which don't particularly get into analog modelled features, like the filter resonance, saturation in the signal path, or some other things.

Great sounds in the video. Just what i love. Much more interesting and "warm" as the Massive X demos :D

Return to “Instruments”